Windows 10: BitLocker could not be enabled - TPM or BIOS problem?

Discus and support BitLocker could not be enabled - TPM or BIOS problem? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everyone,I recently tried to activate BitLocker using the TPM on my computer, without success.Here is the error I get at startup: When I open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Natale Mamberti, Dec 1, 2022.

1. BitLocker could not be enabled - TPM or BIOS problem?

Hello everyone,I recently tried to activate BitLocker using the TPM on my computer, without success.Here is the error I get at startup: When I open the PowerShell console to enter the following command :"Enable-BitLocker -MountPoint $env:SystemDrive -EncryptionMethod XtsAes256 -TpmProtector" I get the following error: "Add-TpmProtectorInternal : Impossible d’activer le chiffrement de lecteur BitLocker sur le lecteur du système d’exploitation. Contactez le fabricant de l’ordinate

:)

Natale Mamberti, Dec 1, 2022

2. Bitlocker, TPM, BIOS PASSWORD, help on interaction of these

Tech help requested
    Bitlocker, TPM, AMI Bios and TPM, SAmsung TabPro S (windows) computer tablet

Tech requests to AMI bios and to samsung, for clarification of these items, has been USELESS.

I have the tablet, with Bitlocker enabled. I do NOT have a PIN enabled for bitlocker, because the ON-SCREEN keyboard does NOT activate, for bitlocker PIN entry. (Bitlocker key is apparently controlled by TPM).

I have BIOS ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD enabled, which gets requested at MACHINE STARTUP, and DOES use the on-screen keyboard.
    From what I ahve read, this ALSO is stored with TPM.

QUESTION
    DOES TPM control the BIOS ADMISTRATOR PASSWORD, such that ERASING the TPM would erase the REQUIREMENT for this password, but also erase the stored BITLOCKER key such that anyone who got the hard drive, etc, would then have to enter the 40+ character recovery key to access that bitlocked partition?

QUESTION
    TPM (ver. 1.2) - does repeated incorrect entry of the BIOS ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD cause the TPM to go into lockout mode, such as it does if the BITLOCKER PIN (when enabled) is entered incorrectly?

I am trying to clarify how TPM (ver. 1.2) works, how it protects the machine, and how it handles bitlocker.

I would LOVE to have an additional PIN for this tablet, for bitlocker, but samsung will not answer whether the on-screen keyboard can be enabled to enter this.

any help, or escalation of this, is appreciated.
    thakns

astormyday, Dec 1, 2022
  3. lx07 Win User
    Bitlocker - Win 10 - TPM 2.0 - Legacy Mode

According to here you need to boot in UEFI to configure bitlocker then you can change to CSM.
    Pre-Provision Bitlocker - TPM 2.0 - SCCM 1610

lx07, Dec 1, 2022
  4. BitLocker could not be enabled - TPM or BIOS problem?

Unable to enable BitLocker on Windows 10.

Original title: Win 10 Clean Install Cannot enable Bitlocker

Hi

Trying to do a clean install of Win10 Pro on a new Lenovo M700 Tiny machine. Win 10 OS Build 10586.218, version 1511

Cannot activate Bitlocker. Run thru turning on Bitlocker, saving key backup to USB, encrypt entire drive, using new encryption, select test Bitlocker encryption, reboot, bitlocker fails: "Bitlocker could not be enabled. The Bitlocker Encryption
    key cannot be obtained from the Trusted Platform Module".

Have tried:

• Checked TPM.msc. TPM is recognized, activated, owned etc

• Deactivated TPM in BIOS, rebooted, logged in, verified off in TPM.msc, rebooted, reactivated in BIOS, TPM.msc sees functioning TPM, still fails same error

• Cleared and reactivated TPM using TPM.msc. Same error

• Formatted and reinstalled Win10 3 times. Recreated the Win10 USB install "disk" using the media creation tool for 1 attempt. Same issue each time.

• All Lenovo driver & BIOS updates installed using Thinkvantage Tools. All MS Win 10 updates installed

Any help appreciated

boatasiaus, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

BitLocker could not be enabled - TPM or BIOS problem?

1. BitLocker could not be enabled - TPM or BIOS problem? - Similar Threads - BitLocker enabled TPM

2. BitLocker could not be enabled - TPM or BIOS problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker could not be enabled - TPM or BIOS problem?: Hello everyone,I recently tried to activate BitLocker using the TPM on my computer, without success.Here is the error I get at startup: When I open the PowerShell console to enter the following command :"Enable-BitLocker -MountPoint $env:SystemDrive -EncryptionMethod...
  3. BitLocker could not be enabled - TPM or BIOS problem?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker could not be enabled - TPM or BIOS problem?: Hello everyone,I recently tried to activate BitLocker using the TPM on my computer, without success.Here is the error I get at startup: When I open the PowerShell console to enter the following command :"Enable-BitLocker -MountPoint $env:SystemDrive -EncryptionMethod...
  4. TPM enabled in BIOS but no device detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM enabled in BIOS but no device detected: I have enabled TPM in the BIOS but it does not detect a device. Not in the BIOS or in the device manager.I have no security devices and it is also not listed in the system devices.I checked my hardware and it should be capable of tpm 2.0Motherboard: MSI MPG 570 Gaming...
  5. TPM enabled in BIOS but no device detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TPM enabled in BIOS but no device detected: I have enabled TPM in the BIOS but it does not detect a device. Not in the BIOS or in the device manager.I have no security devices and it is also not listed in the system devices.I checked my hardware and it should be capable of tpm 2.0Motherboard: MSI MPG 570 Gaming...
  6. Enable TPM on BIOS

Enable TPM on BIOS: Do I need to clean install Windows 10 after I enable TPM on BIOS? 182028
  7. Enable TPM on BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable TPM on BIOS: Do I need to clean install Windows 10 after I enable TPM on BIOS? 182028
  8. Enable Bitlocker Without TPM

Enable Bitlocker Without TPM: Hello everyone, i need to enable BitLocker on all the computers all parittions inside the company using a script or command line without enabling TPM option and backup the recovery key to AD DS. is there a way to achieve that, i have searched a lot to do this with no...
  9. Bitlocker Could Not Be Enabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker Could Not Be Enabled: Trying to encrypt multiple laptops within the Company, majority does not have issues. I have a handful which gave the following error. Or it'll say "The data is invalid". [ATTACH] I've already done the following: Ensured TPM and SecureBoot is enabled UEFI mode Cleared...
  10. BitLocker could not be enabled

BitLocker could not be enabled: Hello, We are enabling the BitLocker for all our machines in the organization and have 2 issues for which we could not find an answer. Issue 1: Laptop model : HP G3 OS : Windows 10 with 1909 version Problem: BitLocker is not turned ON an the drive is not encrypted...