Windows 10: Bitlocker Crash

Discus and support Bitlocker Crash in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi My Flash drive got disconnected (moved laptop) whilst I was just startinf my bitlocker process. I have the password and 48 letter key but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlexA54, May 26, 2019.

1. AlexA54 Win User

Bitlocker Crash

Hi

My Flash drive got disconnected (moved laptop) whilst I was just startinf my bitlocker process. I have the password and 48 letter key but the flash is locked because of the disconnection.

1)I tried many of the solutions like

manage-bde -protectors D: -get

2) I get password and also numerical pswd both do not work

3)I tried

manage-bde –unlock C: -rp XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX (where the X's are replaced with the recovery password)

not working

4) I tried manage-bde d: -unlock -recoverypassword with 48 key

no success

5) manage-bde -resume

no success

I don't know what I can do. I need my drive as it has all my back up files

please help

thanks

Alex from UK

:)

AlexA54, May 26, 2019
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, May 26, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 26, 2019
  4. Ernie San Win User

Bitlocker Crash

Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, May 26, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker Crash

1. Bitlocker Crash - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Crash

2. My laptop got crashed and it is asking for bitlocker key for recovery and I don't have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop got crashed and it is asking for bitlocker key for recovery and I don't have...: My laptop got crashed and it is asking for bitlocker key for recovery and I don't have stored it any where. How I can recover it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-got-crashed-and-it-is-asking-for/85c7e795-e12c-43d4-958a-49b7cac06c23
  3. My laptop got crashed and it is asking for bitlocker key for recovery and I don't have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop got crashed and it is asking for bitlocker key for recovery and I don't have...: My laptop got crashed and it is asking for bitlocker key for recovery and I don't have stored it any where. How I can recover it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-got-crashed-and-it-is-asking-for/85c7e795-e12c-43d4-958a-49b7cac06c23
  4. BitLocker crashed while encrypting a boot drive, how can I recover it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker crashed while encrypting a boot drive, how can I recover it?: I'm running Win11 Pro, everything is up to date and I was encrypting a 1tb SSD boot drive. I decided to enable BitLocker on my boot drive. While enabling it I received a message saying that it may slow the computer down while using it. "No big deal" I thought, since I was...
  5. BitLocker crashed while encrypting a boot drive, how can I recover it?

BitLocker crashed while encrypting a boot drive, how can I recover it?: I'm running Win11 Pro, everything is up to date and I was encrypting a 1tb SSD boot drive. I decided to enable BitLocker on my boot drive. While enabling it I received a message saying that it may slow the computer down while using it. "No big deal" I thought, since I was...
  6. When trying to recover my Bitlocker key, the page crashes with error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to recover my Bitlocker key, the page crashes with error: I am trying to recover my Bitlocker key for my home device and when I click on the page top show me the key, it crashes with an error. I've tried from a work PC, Ipad, and phone. The page to see your keys starts to pop open and then crashes and says "something happened, try...
  7. When trying to recover my Bitlocker key, the page crashes with error

When trying to recover my Bitlocker key, the page crashes with error: I am trying to recover my Bitlocker key for my home device and when I click on the page top show me the key, it crashes with an error. I've tried from a work PC, Ipad, and phone. The page to see your keys starts to pop open and then crashes and says "something happened, try...
  8. BitLocker Password Prompt Missing After Windows Crash: Seeking Help - Can't boot on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Password Prompt Missing After Windows Crash: Seeking Help - Can't boot on...: I am running Windows 10 PRO with all the latest updates installed. My system is set up with a single SSD drive that contains both the OS Windows 10 PRO and my data. This drive is encrypted using BitLocker.Yesterday, I encountered a 'Windows blue screen' or a computer crash,...
  9. BitLocker Password Prompt Missing After Windows Crash: Seeking Help - Can't boot on...

BitLocker Password Prompt Missing After Windows Crash: Seeking Help - Can't boot on...: I am running Windows 10 PRO with all the latest updates installed. My system is set up with a single SSD drive that contains both the OS Windows 10 PRO and my data. This drive is encrypted using BitLocker.Yesterday, I encountered a 'Windows blue screen' or a computer crash,...
  10. BitLocker Password Prompt Missing After Windows Crash: Seeking Help - Can't boot on...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker windows 10 crash

2. bit locker crashes