Windows 10: Bitlocker: D Partition was not able to access and was asking for format

Discus and support Bitlocker: D Partition was not able to access and was asking for format in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; We are having some serious trouble with Bit locker. Recently, we decrypted one Desktop C (232 GB) and D Partition (231 GB) and it all went smooth,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vinod Kharade, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Bitlocker: D Partition was not able to access and was asking for format

We are having some serious trouble with Bit locker.

Recently, we decrypted one Desktop C (232 GB) and D Partition (231 GB) and it all went smooth, even restarted after the Decryption with no issues.

But after the restart we found that D Partition was not able to access and was asking for format.

For the past 3 days we have been trying to fix it but with no success

Things we tried:

1-TPM was cleared from TPM administration.

2-Manage-bde then unlock though CMD

Really a lot of things but the above 2 options are the most known online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S: Desktop Model Name Dell OptiPlex 3050

Processor : Intel I3-700T CPU @ 3.40 GHz Ram :GB HDD: 500 GB

Win10 Pro

:)

Vinod Kharade, Dec 24, 2018
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Bitlocker: D Partition was not able to access and was asking for format

BitLocker questions - when using the 2 hard drive partitions

I'm thinking of using BitLocker, but I need to know a few things first.

1. I use two partitions, one for the OS (and installed programs) and another for Documents.

2. I know that I'll have to format the OS drive and re-install Windows at some point in the future (leaving the D:\ partition encrypted). Will I still be able to mount the second partition (D:\) after re-installing Windows into C:\?

3. I do NOT intent to use a USB stick and I DO NOT have a TMP module. The only thing protecting my data will be my passphrase.

I'm going to be working with two partitions on the same HD, and I will only format the first partition (the "C drive"). I'm not going to do FDE, I will encrypt the partitions separately. I don't mind losing data on C (the first partition)
    because backups of importante files will be stored in D (the second partition, which will be encrypted and will
    NOT be toutched by the formatting process). I've been doing this for 10 years on Linux and previous versions of Windows with TrueCrypt/VeraCrytpt and it always works, the partitions are encrypted independently of each other.

Now, obviously, if I ever format the D partition (which is not the case), I expect to lose the data on it.

If formatting the C partition means I can't access the data at the D partiton (even though the D partition will be intact) then this is a serious design flaw on BitLocker.

I have this concern because a friend of mine said he "lost ownership of the D drive" (encrypted) after formatting the C drive (which was also encrypted).

AmarildoSJr, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Bitlocker: D Partition was not able to access and was asking for format

1. Bitlocker: D Partition was not able to access and was asking for format - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Partition was

2. USB not accessible nor able to Format

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB not accessible nor able to Format: My USB does not work. Windows 10 is unable to format it. Tried the same USB on another pc, same error. Needs to format, and then cannoy format the usbSome help will ne most appreciated.Thank you....
  3. Accidentally deleted the whole drive, Partition D: was with bitlocker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally deleted the whole drive, Partition D: was with bitlocker: Hi all, I hope you doing well. I would like to get help about an accident because I almost got a heart attack. I wanted to format my laptop. Before that I sent all data do the Partition D: that was encrypted with Bitlocker. I alsosaved recovery key in any case. After...
  4. bitlocker locked my D: partition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker locked my D: partition: my windows 10-x64-2004 got loaded, so I fresh installed a new one using a bootable USB, by delete and recreate C: and related partitions from the installation wizard after the fresh windows is fully installed, I found that the D partition my personal data got locked by...
  5. Bitlocker lock partition D:\ in my PC

Bitlocker lock partition D:\ in my PC: Dear team support, This is Nguyen, I am an IT Vietnam, I need your support to resolve this problem with BitLocker. We use Dell Vostro 5481 windows 10 Home but right now, my user cannot access partition D:\ on them PC. Something is wrong in our PC, we are lost the key...
  6. Not able to access Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to access Bitlocker Recovery Key: Forgot my Bitlocker password for F drive. Not able to access recovery key. Couldn't locate the text file. Also not in Microsoft Account. Tried running this code in Command Prompt : <manage-bde -protectors F: -get > But it showed 32-digit "Password ID" and "Numerical...
  7. How to make Bitlocker ask for password every time I access a bitlocked partition?.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make Bitlocker ask for password every time I access a bitlocked partition?.: Hello, I have a bitlocked partition on my main drive where I store some private files but the thing is Bitlocker only asks for the password the first time I access the partition after that it's unlocked until I turn off the PC.. which defeats the purpose of encrypting the...
  8. Bitlocker: D Partition was not able to access and was asking for format

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker: D Partition was not able to access and was asking for format: We are having some serious trouble with Bit locker. Recently, we decrypted one Desktop C (232 GB) and D Partition (231 GB) and it all went smooth, even restarted after the Decryption with no issues. But after the restart we found that D Partition was not able to access...
  9. Bitlocker locked the partition never asking for the password

Bitlocker locked the partition never asking for the password: suddenly bitlocker showing this error "bit locker encryption is not compatible woiht this version of windows and funny thing is that i never update the window, after that i have tried every thig but nothing works please tell me the M3 bitlocker recvoery softwware because...
  10. Bitlocker locked the partition never asking for the password

Bitlocker locked the partition never asking for the password: suddenly bitlocker showing this error "bit locker encryption is not compatible woiht this version of windows and funny thing is that i never update the window, after that i have tried every thig but nothing works please tell me the M3 bitlocker recvoery softwware because...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker requesting to format drive

2. bitlocker drive asking to format

3. partitioned drive always asking to format

4. d partition was not able to access