Windows 10: Bitlocker data drive

Discus and support Bitlocker data drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when i reinstalled windows 10 license, my 2 data drives D, E got bitlocker. i don't find 48 digit key in microsoft account. Can you help me with this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vu VanLuong, Dec 11, 2021.

1. Bitlocker data drive

when i reinstalled windows 10 license, my 2 data drives D, E got bitlocker. i don't find 48 digit key in microsoft account. Can you help me with this issue?

:)

Vu VanLuong, Dec 11, 2021
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Dec 11, 2021
  3. Activate Bitlocker for data drive partition

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

BitLocker
    Drive Encryption is one of the best security tools of Windows operating system. This feature of
    Windows 10 safeguards your stored data in fixed or removable drives of your storage system. When you turn on
    BitLocker it saves data on any drive and encrypt it automatically. When you encrypt drive, it
    protects everything with passwords on that drive whether it is file or document. In today’s
    Windows 10 tutorial, we will take you through Encrypt Drive Partition using Bitlocker process with
    BitLocker which will support your system in protecting its data.

Get Into BitLocker Drive Encryption Window in Windows 10

To Encrypt Drive Partition using Bitlocker you need to access BitLocker Encryption Window First. For this,

• Open Cortana Search.
    • Type BitLocker in the search field.
    • And in the search results select Manage BitLocker option.
    • BitLocker
      Drive Encryption window pops up on your screen.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 11, 2021
  4. Bitlocker data drive

BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 11, 2021
Thema:

Bitlocker data drive

1. Bitlocker data drive - Similar Threads - Bitlocker data drive

2. bitlocker locked my data drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker locked my data drive: i have problem with bitlocker on dell xps 13 9370 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-locked-my-data-drive/416803c0-2352-42f8-846e-b4ffd7893e35
  3. bitlocker locked my data drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bitlocker locked my data drive: i have problem with bitlocker on dell xps 13 9370 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-locked-my-data-drive/416803c0-2352-42f8-846e-b4ffd7893e35
  4. bitlocker locked my data drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Data Recovery in Bitlocker Encrypted Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data Recovery in Bitlocker Encrypted Drive: Today my home laptop system asked for bit locker password after booting up before login. Bit locker encryption was not enabled by me. However, to make the computer usable, C drive was formatted since there was no critical data in C Drive. However D Drive is still encrypted....
  6. Data Recovery in Bitlocker Encrypted Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data Recovery in Bitlocker Encrypted Drive: Today my home laptop system asked for bit locker password after booting up before login. Bit locker encryption was not enabled by me. However, to make the computer usable, C drive was formatted since there was no critical data in C Drive. However D Drive is still encrypted....
  7. Data Recovery in Bitlocker Encrypted Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Bitlocker data drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker data drive: when i reinstalled windows 10 license, my 2 data drives D, E got bitlocker. i don't find 48 digit key in microsoft account. Can you help me with this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-data-drive/5a37edf3-82bd-4652-906c-6595b74731f7
  9. Bitlocker data drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker data drive: when i reinstalled windows 10 license, my 2 data drives D, E got bitlocker. i don't find 48 digit key in microsoft account. Can you help me with this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-data-drive/5a37edf3-82bd-4652-906c-6595b74731f7
  10. Turn on bitlocker for data drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn on bitlocker for data drive: Hi I have an issue with enabling bitlocker on the d:\ drive of my laptop System : DELL - Inspiron 15 5593 Windows 10 Pro 16 gb RAM 512gb System SSD 1 Tb Data SSD I have successfully set up bitlocker on the OS drive with Require TPM and Require PIN using gpedit.msc...