Windows 10: bitlocker data protection

Discus and support bitlocker data protection in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I encountered the bitlocker data protection message when I was trying to recover documents from my hard drive on my laptop. The Lenovo laptop kept over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JayHubb1, Dec 29, 2021.

1. JayHubb1 Win User

bitlocker data protection

I encountered the bitlocker data protection message when I was trying to recover documents from my hard drive on my laptop. The Lenovo laptop kept over heating and the mother board failed. I removed the ssd drive from the laptop and using an enclosure to access the drive. I bought the laptop directly from Lenovo. Question would the laptop direct from Lenovo have the bitlocker data protection installed? With the Bitlocker data protection code request does that mean that there is some data left on the drive? Thanks for you help, Jay

:)

JayHubb1, Dec 29, 2021
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Dec 29, 2021
  3. Marvll Win User
    Data Protection on bitlocker encrypted drive.

Does bitlocker provide ANY protection for data on a drive after the drive is unlocked and in use?

Marvll, Dec 29, 2021
  4. bitlocker data protection

Bitlocker

Hi,

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you resolve the issue.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps:

I suggest you to try the step under the section "To unlock removable data drive" in the following article:

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

For further reference, refer to the following article:

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

I hope this information helps.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 29, 2021
Thema:

bitlocker data protection

1. bitlocker data protection - Similar Threads - bitlocker data protection

2. How to backup and protect data before turning off Bitlocker for good

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to backup and protect data before turning off Bitlocker for good: A new PC arrived with Bitlocker turned on. This was unexpected and wanted. Now we have to remove Bitlocker from Drive C SDD which has been fully encrypted and locked, and from the data drive D HDD which was fitted later and has now been encrypted and left unlocked. How do I...
  3. How to backup and protect data before turning off Bitlocker for good

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to backup and protect data before turning off Bitlocker for good: A new PC arrived with Bitlocker turned on. This was unexpected and wanted. Now we have to remove Bitlocker from Drive C SDD which has been fully encrypted and locked, and from the data drive D HDD which was fitted later and has now been encrypted and left unlocked. How do I...
  4. How to backup and protect data before turning off Bitlocker for good

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. bitlocker data protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker data protection: I encountered the bitlocker data protection message when I was trying to recover documents from my hard drive on my laptop. The Lenovo laptop kept over heating and the mother board failed. I removed the ssd drive from the laptop and using an enclosure to access the drive. I...
  6. bitlocker data protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker data protection: I encountered the bitlocker data protection message when I was trying to recover documents from my hard drive on my laptop. The Lenovo laptop kept over heating and the mother board failed. I removed the ssd drive from the laptop and using an enclosure to access the drive. I...
  7. BitLocker data protection is on but no keys - BitLocker recovery keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BitLocker data protection is on but no keys - BitLocker recovery keys: I had some hardware problem with my laptop and after being fixed I am asked for the BitLocker recovery key. I don't remember if I saved it somewhere. I am looking in the Microsoft account and I can see that the drives are marked as encrypted using BitLocker but I have no...
  8. Deny Write Access to Fixed Data Drives not Protected by BitLocker

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Deny Write Access to Fixed Data Drives not Protected by BitLocker: How to: Deny Write Access to Fixed Data Drives not Protected by BitLocker Allow or Deny Write Access to Fixed Data Drives not Protected by BitLocker in Windows You can use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your files on an entire drive. BitLocker can help block...
  9. Data Protection or Virus Protection?

in Windows 10 News
    Data Protection or Virus Protection?: How many private users read long and drawn-out privacy policies when buying or installing software anyway? Especially when it comes to security software. After all, these programs promise not only protection from cyberattacks but also greater privacy. The data experts of...
  10. Data & Personal Protection

in Windows 10 Support
    Data & Personal Protection: According to Computer Active, a magazine I have just bought, on page 7 they state that "AVG has issued an updated privacy policy that appears to grant the company the right to harvest and sell on data collected from users of its popular 'free' av tool, including browsing and...