Windows 10: Bitlocker decrypting a USB Drive now running for 4 days

Discus and support Bitlocker decrypting a USB Drive now running for 4 days in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I turned off bitlocker protection to my USB Drive and it has been running now for 5 days and is only 20.6% done. Is there any way to stop it. I know I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by seamuso c, Feb 10, 2020.

1. seamuso c Win User

Bitlocker decrypting a USB Drive now running for 4 days

I turned off bitlocker protection to my USB Drive and it has been running now for 5 days and is only 20.6% done. Is there any way to stop it. I know I can pause it and it restarts OK but at this rate it will take another 20 days to decrypt

:)

seamuso c, Feb 10, 2020

2. How to turn bitlocker "again" on a drive which was previously bitlocker decrypted? Please Help!

Hi,

Device encryption helps protect your data by encrypting ("scrambling") it. Only someone with the right encryption key (like a password) can decrypt ("unscramble") it.
    • Sign in to Windows with an administrator account.
    • Go to Start, enter encryption, and select
      Change device encryption settings
      from the list of results.
    • Select Manage BitLocker, select Turn on BitLocker, and then follow the instructions.
    Also, please refer to the below link and check if it helps.

Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide

Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide

Please let us know if the issue is resolved or you need any further assistance,

Thank you.

Have a good day!

Amarjeet_Paul, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Bitlocker Decryption paused and does not resume.

Hi Hamza,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction in fixing the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to fix the issue.

1. Open the command prompt as admin.
    2. Type in manage-bde –off <drive> and hit
      Enter.

manage-bde –resume <drive>
    manage-bde –on <drive>

Replace Drive by drive letter

1. Restart the computer and check the status of the issue

You may also refer the article Computer
    Crash: How To Use manage-bde To Recover A Partially Decrypted Hard Drive

for the detailed information.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to post your query in
    IT TechNet
    forums
    , where we have a dedicated team of experts who are equipped with the resources to guide you with the further steps to fix the issue.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Bitlocker decrypting a USB Drive now running for 4 days

BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker decrypting a USB Drive now running for 4 days

1. Bitlocker decrypting a USB Drive now running for 4 days - Similar Threads - Bitlocker decrypting USB

2. BitLocker Drive Decryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Drive Decryption: someone help me my PC has taken 24hrs to drive decryption, and still now is ongoing decrypting, PC is frozen, stuck at 62.7% up to now, what is problem so far? I'm so tired...
  3. BitLocker Drive Decryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Drive Decryption: someone help me my PC has taken 24hrs to drive decryption, and still now is ongoing decrypting, PC is frozen, stuck at 62.7% up to now, what is problem so far? I'm so tired...
  4. BitLocker Drive Decryption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck For days...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck For days...: my Toshiba 3TB hard drive is stuck at 80.3% for the past 3-4 daysNo progressduring the 3-4 days, it keeps decrypting all the time and never goes on at 80.3%Even now it is stuckNo read-write process from 3-4 days on this driveDuring the decryption process, the read-write speed...
  6. BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck For days...

BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck For days...: my Toshiba 3TB hard drive is stuck at 80.3% for the past 3-4 daysNo progressduring the 3-4 days, it keeps decrypting all the time and never goes on at 80.3%Even now it is stuckNo read-write process from 3-4 days on this driveDuring the decryption process, the read-write speed...
  7. BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck For days...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck For days...

9. BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck: my Toshiba 3TB hard drive is stuck at 80.3% for the past 3-4 daysNo progressduring the 3-4 days, it keeps decrypting all the time and never goes on at 80.3%Even now it is stuckNo read-write process from 3-4 days on this driveDuring the decryption process, the read-write speed...
  10. BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck

BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck: my Toshiba 3TB hard drive is stuck at 80.3% for the past 3-4 days No peogress https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-drive-decryption-stuck/843c3bf0-3f66-4f14-9b4d-e7f4c1144a6d