Windows 10: Bitlocker Decrypting Time?

Discus and support Bitlocker Decrypting Time? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have bitlocker with win10 pro. I am decrypting it because i need to in order to clone the new nvme ssd. Its a bit over 200gb that i have. How long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paulyjustin, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Bitlocker Decrypting Time?

I have bitlocker with win10 pro. I am decrypting it because i need to in order to clone the new nvme ssd.

Its a bit over 200gb that i have. How long does it take usually? I had thought it was like 20-30 minutes or so but i read online that it will take hours?

It still shows bitlocker decrypting right now and has been for over 30 minutes.

:)

paulyjustin, Oct 2, 2020

2. Bitlocker Decryption paused and does not resume.

Hi Hamza,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction in fixing the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to fix the issue.

1. Open the command prompt as admin.
    2. Type in manage-bde –off <drive> and hit
      Enter.

manage-bde –resume <drive>
    manage-bde –on <drive>

Replace Drive by drive letter

1. Restart the computer and check the status of the issue

You may also refer the article Computer
    Crash: How To Use manage-bde To Recover A Partially Decrypted Hard Drive

for the detailed information.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to post your query in
    IT TechNet
    forums
    , where we have a dedicated team of experts who are equipped with the resources to guide you with the further steps to fix the issue.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Oct 2, 2020
  3. Decrypting bitlocker.

Original Title: BITLOCKER

I am trying to get my HQ to move my computers form their OU to mine and I am being told that the bitlocker needs to be decrypted. Is that correct or is bitlocker unique to each computer and not the the naming convention of the location that initialized
    bitlocker?

ArtMurphyEM, Oct 2, 2020
  4. JimWynne Win User

Bitlocker Decrypting Time?

bitlocker decryption

Bitlocker doesn't get invoked all by itself. Without the key there is no way to decrypt the device. That is, of course, by design.

JimWynne, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker Decrypting Time?

1. Bitlocker Decrypting Time? - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Decrypting

2. my bitlocker decryption process is on going forever and i cant use my files on drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my bitlocker decryption process is on going forever and i cant use my files on drive: my secondary drive on windows 11 was encrypted by bit locker i started decryption process about a month ago 1 it not letting to turn off my laptop or restart 2 there is no progress bar3 i cant use files on my SSD drive the ongoing decrypted drive4after 3 days i used force...
  3. my bitlocker decryption process is on going forever and i cant use my files on drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my bitlocker decryption process is on going forever and i cant use my files on drive: my secondary drive on windows 11 was encrypted by bit locker i started decryption process about a month ago 1 it not letting to turn off my laptop or restart 2 there is no progress bar3 i cant use files on my SSD drive the ongoing decrypted drive4after 3 days i used force...
  4. Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key: Good afternoon!I have a problem, I have a backup folder in an external disk, from a drive in my computer with Windows 11 and bitlocker are activated, I made a restoration of my computer and now I can´t access to these files, I have the keys of bitlocker, but I don´t know...
  5. Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key

Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key: Good afternoon!I have a problem, I have a backup folder in an external disk, from a drive in my computer with Windows 11 and bitlocker are activated, I made a restoration of my computer and now I can´t access to these files, I have the keys of bitlocker, but I don´t know...
  6. I want to repartition drive D:, when I decrypt drive D: it's stuckDecryption bitlocker stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to repartition drive D:, when I decrypt drive D: it's stuckDecryption bitlocker stuck: I want to repartition drive D: into drive C:, I use partition tools and there it says that I have to decrypt drive D: in order to continue the process, I go into 'Device Encryption Settings' and decrypt the device, when running it suddenly the process stopped and the process...
  7. I want to repartition drive D:, when I decrypt drive D: it's stuckDecryption bitlocker stuck

I want to repartition drive D:, when I decrypt drive D: it's stuckDecryption bitlocker stuck: I want to repartition drive D: into drive C:, I use partition tools and there it says that I have to decrypt drive D: in order to continue the process, I go into 'Device Encryption Settings' and decrypt the device, when running it suddenly the process stopped and the process...
  8. I want to repartition drive D:, when I decrypt drive D: it's stuckDecryption bitlocker stuck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. How can I open decrypt BitLocker-encrypted pdf/word files in another PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I open decrypt BitLocker-encrypted pdf/word files in another PC?: Hello Microsoft professionals,In the past, I encrypted all my drives with BitLocker, and later I decrypted all of them by unlocking making the BitLocker off. However, all my pdf/word files remain encrypted and can't be opened on other PCs operating with Windows 10. I am a...
  10. How can I open decrypt BitLocker-encrypted pdf/word files in another PC?

How can I open decrypt BitLocker-encrypted pdf/word files in another PC?: Hello Microsoft professionals,In the past, I encrypted all my drives with BitLocker, and later I decrypted all of them by unlocking making the BitLocker off. However, all my pdf/word files remain encrypted and can't be opened on other PCs operating with Windows 10. I am a...