Windows 10: Bitlocker Decrypting Time?

Discus and support Bitlocker Decrypting Time? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have bitlocker with win10 pro. I am decrypting it because i need to in order to clone the new nvme ssd. Its a bit over 200gb that i have. How long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paulyjustin, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Bitlocker Decrypting Time?

I have bitlocker with win10 pro. I am decrypting it because i need to in order to clone the new nvme ssd.

Its a bit over 200gb that i have. How long does it take usually? I had thought it was like 20-30 minutes or so but i read online that it will take hours?

It still shows bitlocker decrypting right now and has been for over 30 minutes.

:)

paulyjustin, Oct 2, 2020

2. Bitlocker Decryption paused and does not resume.

Hi Hamza,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction in fixing the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to fix the issue.

1. Open the command prompt as admin.
    2. Type in manage-bde –off <drive> and hit
      Enter.

manage-bde –resume <drive>
    manage-bde –on <drive>

Replace Drive by drive letter

1. Restart the computer and check the status of the issue

You may also refer the article Computer
    Crash: How To Use manage-bde To Recover A Partially Decrypted Hard Drive

for the detailed information.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to post your query in
    IT TechNet
    forums
    , where we have a dedicated team of experts who are equipped with the resources to guide you with the further steps to fix the issue.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Oct 2, 2020
  3. Decrypting bitlocker.

Original Title: BITLOCKER

I am trying to get my HQ to move my computers form their OU to mine and I am being told that the bitlocker needs to be decrypted. Is that correct or is bitlocker unique to each computer and not the the naming convention of the location that initialized
    bitlocker?

ArtMurphyEM, Oct 2, 2020
  4. JimWynne Win User

Bitlocker Decrypting Time?

bitlocker decryption

Bitlocker doesn't get invoked all by itself. Without the key there is no way to decrypt the device. That is, of course, by design.

JimWynne, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker Decrypting Time?

1. Bitlocker Decrypting Time? - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Decrypting

2. Bitlocker decrypting, Windows won't boot anymore.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker decrypting, Windows won't boot anymore.: Hi guy, would like to get everyone help here. For my case, I'm actually run powershell to disable bitlocker and decrypting is in process, until status 22% then I'm shutting down the laptop and bring home to continue. But now problem is at home I try turn on laptop, the...
  3. Decrypt drives (Bitlocker) using only USB drive, no typing of password.

Decrypt drives (Bitlocker) using only USB drive, no typing of password.: I've read a little about Bitlocker and I don't think it's possible, so as a last resort I'll ask here. What I need is, after encrypting my HDs, that they are decripted if a USB with the key is present, but without having to type a password at any point (what I understood from...
  4. not able to decrypt bitlocker files on new pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    not able to decrypt bitlocker files on new pc: files encrypted using bitlocker on my previous PC are not being decrypted on my new pc the files are my external hdd. Using win 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-decrypt-bitlocker-files-on-new-pc/f6400668-d946-44d8-be95-715b54bf687f
  5. Shrinking/ Extending Bitlockered Partition without Decrypting it using Disk Management

Shrinking/ Extending Bitlockered Partition without Decrypting it using Disk Management: I was under the impression I would gave to decrypt my partitions or whole drive first but looks like this is not necessary? submitted by /u/HFSGV [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hkj3s4/shrinking_extending_bitlockered_partition_without/
  6. Shrinking/ Extending Bitlockered Partition without Decrypting it using Disk Management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shrinking/ Extending Bitlockered Partition without Decrypting it using Disk Management: I was under the impression I would gave to decrypt my partitions or whole drive first but looks like this is not necessary? When I look in DISK MANAGEMENT, the options are not greyed out. Any feedback?...
  7. Feature update 2004 seems to decrypt your Bitlocked OS volume and may brick your install

Feature update 2004 seems to decrypt your Bitlocked OS volume and may brick your install: I run latest and greatest Win10 on an external SSD connected to a USB3 adapter, everything installed and encrypted with Bitlocker without any hacks. Installing 2004 update halted at a point where it looked like recovery environment and prompted if I wanted to boot into the...
  8. Bitlocker decryption has made my drive inaccessible, have I lost all my files?

Bitlocker decryption has made my drive inaccessible, have I lost all my files?: I used bitlocker to decrypt a previously encrypted drive using bitlocker. The dialog box got to 97% then disappeared. It never came back and never gave an error. When I try to access the drive, it says: "F;/ is not accessible. The drive is not ready." Have I lost all my...
  9. [HELP] Bitlocker decryption stuck at 82.1% No disk activity

[HELP] Bitlocker decryption stuck at 82.1% No disk activity: I have been decrypting bitlocker on my USB disc drive for the past two days, and I recently noticed that it had been at "82.1% Completed" for hours. Task manager now shows 0% disc activity for the drive, whereas before it was 100% for the past two days. Drive: 4TB USB HDD...
  10. Bitlocker decryption paused at 73.1% and stuck

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker decryption paused at 73.1% and stuck: I plugged in an external HD that was protected by bitlocker. A pop-up windows shows that Decryption is paused at 73.1. [ATTACH] There is a resume button but when clicked, it only makes it worse and the window is Not Responding. On cmd, I checked manage-bde -status: I...