Windows 10: Bitlocker decrypting to bitlocker key

Discus and support Bitlocker decrypting to bitlocker key in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am completely locked out of my HP surface laptop because it’s requesting a recovery key due to the bit locker. I only have a blue screen and it wants... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CHRISTENE RODRIGUEZ, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Bitlocker decrypting to bitlocker key

I am completely locked out of my HP surface laptop because it’s requesting a recovery key due to the bit locker. I only have a blue screen and it wants the recovery key not the ID.

i have a recovery key code that I had Microsoft account generate but it doesn’t allow me to enter letters , only numbers into the space allowed on the blue screen that’s requesting the recovery key.

Does anybody have an idea on how to decrypt this recovery ID and get the recovery code?

:)

CHRISTENE RODRIGUEZ, Dec 27, 2019

2. Bitlocker Key

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. It is good that you know the Bitlocker key to properly get into the computer. To help you turn off the Bitlocker key, you can follow the steps below:

Please make sure you are signed as the Administrator of the computer.

To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security
      , and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.

• A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption. Click
      Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

To turn off BitLocker Drive Encryption

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security
      , and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Find the drive on which you want BitLocker Drive Encryption turned off, and click
      Turn Off BitLocker.

• A message is displayed, informing you that the drive will be decrypted and that decryption may take some time. Click
      Decrypt the drive to continue and turn off BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know if this resolves your concern.

Lemuel Cie, Dec 27, 2019
  3. JimWynne Win User
    bitlocker decryption

Bitlocker doesn't get invoked all by itself. Without the key there is no way to decrypt the device. That is, of course, by design.

JimWynne, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Bitlocker decrypting to bitlocker key

Xylee Del, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker decrypting to bitlocker key

1. Bitlocker decrypting to bitlocker key - Similar Threads - Bitlocker decrypting bitlocker

2. Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key: Good afternoon!I have a problem, I have a backup folder in an external disk, from a drive in my computer with Windows 11 and bitlocker are activated, I made a restoration of my computer and now I can´t access to these files, I have the keys of bitlocker, but I don´t know...
  3. Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key: Good afternoon!I have a problem, I have a backup folder in an external disk, from a drive in my computer with Windows 11 and bitlocker are activated, I made a restoration of my computer and now I can´t access to these files, I have the keys of bitlocker, but I don´t know...
  4. BitLocker Drive Decryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Drive Decryption: someone help me my PC has taken 24hrs to drive decryption, and still now is ongoing decrypting, PC is frozen, stuck at 62.7% up to now, what is problem so far? I'm so tired...
  5. BitLocker Drive Decryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Drive Decryption: someone help me my PC has taken 24hrs to drive decryption, and still now is ongoing decrypting, PC is frozen, stuck at 62.7% up to now, what is problem so far? I'm so tired...
  6. BitLocker Drive Decryption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Bitlocker stuck on decrypting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker stuck on decrypting: So i dont know why when i go to disk management it shows that my Locak Disk C: was bitlocker encrypted, so i tried decrypting it from manage bitlocker, But now its stuck on decrypting,...
  8. BitLocker Decryption Stuck

BitLocker Decryption Stuck: Hi Guys I am been driven crazy here. I turned off BitLocker through the GUI control panel however after a while the computer became unusable. The HDD utilization sits at 100%. I have tried restarting. I have tried disabling TPM in the BIOS as was suggested in another thread....
  9. Bitlocker Decrypting Time?

in Windows 10 Support
    Bitlocker Decrypting Time?: I have bitlocker with win10 pro. I am decrypting it because i need to in order to clone the new nvme ssd. Its a bit over 200gb that i have. How long does it take usually? I had thought it was like 20-30 minutes or so but i read online that it will take hours? It still...
  10. Bitlocker stuck decrypting

Bitlocker stuck decrypting: i have a 2TB drive almost full, i have started the decrytion and it is stuck at 77% for about a week now. I have tried everything. There is no suspend or pause option in bitlocker manager. I have tried manage bde in CMD and when i try to pause it just sits there for days. i...