Windows 10: Bitlocker decryption has made my drive inaccessible, have I lost all my files?

Discus and support Bitlocker decryption has made my drive inaccessible, have I lost all my files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I used bitlocker to decrypt a previously encrypted drive using bitlocker. The dialog box got to 97% then disappeared. It never came back and never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NickS47, Jun 22, 2020.

1. NickS47 Win User

Bitlocker decryption has made my drive inaccessible, have I lost all my files?

I used bitlocker to decrypt a previously encrypted drive using bitlocker.

The dialog box got to 97% then disappeared. It never came back and never gave an error.

When I try to access the drive, it says: "F;/ is not accessible. The drive is not ready."

Have I lost all my files on there? How do I fix this please? I have all my lifetime photos on it! :

:)

NickS47, Jun 22, 2020

2. Bitlocker Decryption paused and does not resume.

Hi Hamza,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction in fixing the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to fix the issue.

1. Open the command prompt as admin.
    2. Type in manage-bde –off <drive> and hit
      Enter.

manage-bde –resume <drive>
    manage-bde –on <drive>

Replace Drive by drive letter

1. Restart the computer and check the status of the issue

You may also refer the article Computer
    Crash: How To Use manage-bde To Recover A Partially Decrypted Hard Drive

for the detailed information.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to post your query in
    IT TechNet
    forums
    , where we have a dedicated team of experts who are equipped with the resources to guide you with the further steps to fix the issue.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jun 22, 2020
  3. How to turn bitlocker "again" on a drive which was previously bitlocker decrypted? Please Help!

Hi,

Device encryption helps protect your data by encrypting ("scrambling") it. Only someone with the right encryption key (like a password) can decrypt ("unscramble") it.
    • Sign in to Windows with an administrator account.
    • Go to Start, enter encryption, and select
      Change device encryption settings
      from the list of results.
    • Select Manage BitLocker, select Turn on BitLocker, and then follow the instructions.
    Also, please refer to the below link and check if it helps.

Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766295(v=ws.10).aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Please let us know if the issue is resolved or you need any further assistance,

Thank you.

Have a good day!

Amarjeet_Paul, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Bitlocker decryption has made my drive inaccessible, have I lost all my files?

BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker decryption has made my drive inaccessible, have I lost all my files?

1. Bitlocker decryption has made my drive inaccessible, have I lost all my files? - Similar Threads - Bitlocker decryption has

2. I lost access on my BitLocker drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I lost access on my BitLocker drive.: I need a live contributor to help me in the case of Lossing my access on my BitLocker drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-access-on-my-bitlocker-drive/d6bca078-7394-49a5-87af-ae323ee9e3b2
  3. I lost access on my BitLocker drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost access on my BitLocker drive.: I need a live contributor to help me in the case of Lossing my access on my BitLocker drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-access-on-my-bitlocker-drive/d6bca078-7394-49a5-87af-ae323ee9e3b2
  4. I lost access on my BitLocker drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I lost access on my BitLocker drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. BitLocker Drive Decryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Drive Decryption: someone help me my PC has taken 24hrs to drive decryption, and still now is ongoing decrypting, PC is frozen, stuck at 62.7% up to now, what is problem so far? I'm so tired...
  7. BitLocker Drive Decryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Drive Decryption: someone help me my PC has taken 24hrs to drive decryption, and still now is ongoing decrypting, PC is frozen, stuck at 62.7% up to now, what is problem so far? I'm so tired...
  8. BitLocker Drive Decryption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Bitlocker has made my life hell

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker has made my life hell: So a few weeks back, I was working on my laptop as usual and suddenly windows said shutting down and shut down on it's own. Then when I switch on the laptop, it is asking for bit locker recovery key. It is a used office laptop I've been using for almost 2 years now. I had no...
  10. Bitlocker decryption was interrupted and Now I dont have access to my drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker decryption was interrupted and Now I dont have access to my drives: Hi I recently wanted to turn off BitLocker encryption on one of my drives which got interrupted and now I don't have access to the drive all my files were inside the drive which is now all locked on the drive that I don't have access to. The problem is that now whenever I...