Windows 10: BitLocker Decryption Paused..

Discus and support BitLocker Decryption Paused.. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Unfortunately, some days before, I started BitLocker encryption for my 1 TB external hard disc. My bad mistake. The encryption was not finished... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Subhradeep Ghosh, Dec 3, 2018.

1. BitLocker Decryption Paused..

Hi,

Unfortunately, some days before, I started BitLocker encryption for my 1 TB external hard disc. My bad mistake. The encryption was not finished successfully. After that, whenever the disc is inserted, it is saying that there is error in encryption and the disc is not ready yet. I have also checked the BitLocker Drive Encryption option in control panel, but there is no option for "suspend protection/turn off BitLocker". Even I cannot open any folder within that drive. I cannot resume/cancel the encryption/decryption also.

There are lots of important data inside that drive and I have to recover those to my computer. All I need is to decrypt that drive and put back it in its earlier stage without any encryption. Please help.

:)

Subhradeep Ghosh, Dec 3, 2018

2. Decrypting bitlocker.

Original Title: BITLOCKER

I am trying to get my HQ to move my computers form their OU to mine and I am being told that the bitlocker needs to be decrypted. Is that correct or is bitlocker unique to each computer and not the the naming convention of the location that initialized
    bitlocker?

ArtMurphyEM, Dec 3, 2018
  3. JimWynne Win User
    bitlocker decryption

Bitlocker doesn't get invoked all by itself. Without the key there is no way to decrypt the device. That is, of course, by design.

JimWynne, Dec 3, 2018
  4. BitLocker Decryption Paused..

bitlocker decryption

After the last win10 update OS version : 10.0.15063.414 ,my SD card encrypted by bitlocker without my knowledge.

So, How i can decrypt bitlocker??

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

satya prakash shukla, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

BitLocker Decryption Paused..

1. BitLocker Decryption Paused.. - Similar Threads - BitLocker Decryption Paused

2. Bitlocker stuck on decrypting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker stuck on decrypting: So i dont know why when i go to disk management it shows that my Locak Disk C: was bitlocker encrypted, so i tried decrypting it from manage bitlocker, But now its stuck on decrypting,...
  3. BitLocker Decryption Stuck

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Decryption Stuck: Hi Guys I am been driven crazy here. I turned off BitLocker through the GUI control panel however after a while the computer became unusable. The HDD utilization sits at 100%. I have tried restarting. I have tried disabling TPM in the BIOS as was suggested in another thread....
  4. Bitlocker decryption paused at 73.1% and stuck

Bitlocker decryption paused at 73.1% and stuck: I plugged in an external HD that was protected by bitlocker. A pop-up windows shows that Decryption is paused at 73.1. [ATTACH] There is a resume button but when clicked, it only makes it worse and the window is Not Responding. On cmd, I checked manage-bde -status: I...
  5. Bitlocker decryption paused at 73.1% and stuck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker decryption paused at 73.1% and stuck: I plugged in an external HD that was protected by bitlocker. A pop-up windows shows that Decryption is paused at 73.1. There is a resume button but when clicked, it only makes it worse and window is Not Responding. On cmd, I checked manage-bde -status: Volume F: [MEDIA...
  6. Bitlocker stuck decrypting, unable to pause

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker stuck decrypting, unable to pause: Hi all I have a serious problem with decrypting my external drive as it stuck at 65.5% and, the thing I tried: I tried to pause it but when I click pause after few seconds the window goes into Not Responding status and my whole computer slowing down. I tried to use...
  7. Bitlocker stuck decrypting

Bitlocker stuck decrypting: i have a 2TB drive almost full, i have started the decrytion and it is stuck at 77% for about a week now. I have tried everything. There is no suspend or pause option in bitlocker manager. I have tried manage bde in CMD and when i try to pause it just sits there for days. i...
  8. Bitlocker decrypting to bitlocker key

Bitlocker decrypting to bitlocker key: I am completely locked out of my HP surface laptop because it’s requesting a recovery key due to the bit locker. I only have a blue screen and it wants the recovery key not the ID. i have a recovery key code that I had Microsoft account generate but it doesn’t allow me to...
  9. Bitlocker Decryption paused and does not resume.

Bitlocker Decryption paused and does not resume.: i locked one of partition in my laptop with bitlocker. every thing was working fine until i decided to unlock/decrypt it again. i did this by following simple steps, and when it started decrypting i unknowingly restarted my laptop, now it is paused and there is no way i can...
  10. Bitlocker Decryption paused and does not resume.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bitlocker Decryption paused and does not resume.: i locked one of partition in my laptop with bitlocker. every thing was working fine until i decided to unlock/decrypt it again. i did this by following simple steps, and when it started decrypting i unknowingly restarted my laptop, now it is paused and there is no way i can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker decryption paused

2. Bitlocker decruption paused

3. successfully resume paused bitlocker encryption

4. bitlocker how to pause decryption,
  5. bitlocker decryption pausing,
  6. پیام bitlocker decryption paused ,
  7. pci encryption/decryption controller,
  8. bitlocker encryption is paused but no resume option,
  9. bitlocker decryption stuck on paused,
  10. bitlocker decryption stuck on paused at 2.2 % windows 10,
  11. bitlocker paused,