Windows 10: BitLocker Decryption Stuck

Discus and support BitLocker Decryption Stuck in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Guys I am been driven crazy here. I turned off BitLocker through the GUI control panel however after a while the computer became unusable. The HDD... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NaazimGotTeqd, May 24, 2021.

1. BitLocker Decryption Stuck

Hi Guys I am been driven crazy here. I turned off BitLocker through the GUI control panel however after a while the computer became unusable. The HDD utilization sits at 100%. I have tried restarting. I have tried disabling TPM in the BIOS as was suggested in another thread. I have tried to pause or stop in elev

:)

NaazimGotTeqd, May 24, 2021
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

BitLocker stuck

Hi Tamnu,

Your concern is more complex than what is typically answered here in Microsoft Answers forums. We suggest to post this query in our
    TechNet Forums, where the audience are more inclined when it comes to this type of topic.

You may also check out this thread from the TechNet Forums, as it has an answer to a similar concern like yours:

If you have further queries, don't hesitate to contact us.

Ralph Sta, May 24, 2021
  3. Shiraz M Win User
    [HELP] Bitlocker decryption stuck at 82.1% (No disk activity)

I have been decrypting bitlocker on my USB disc drive for the past two days, and I recently noticed that it had been at "82.1% Completed" for hours. Task manager now shows 0% disc activity for the drive, whereas before it was 100% (for the past two days).

Drive: 4TB (USB HDD drive) Bitlocker (full) encrypted, auto-unlock enabled. Recovery key working.

Main usage: Backups

Unique information on the drive: 1TB of data not backed up anywhere else

Windows version: 10 Pro 64-bit 1909

Bitlocker version: 2.0

USB port: 3.0

What I have tried:

1a. Pausing and resuming BitLocker

1b. Rebooting the machine and trying again

1c. Booting into safe mode and trying again

1d. Booting into recovery mode (X:\ administrator command prompt) and using "manage-bde"

1e. Disabling Secure Boot in the BIOS and trying again

1f. Enabling CSM in the BIOS and trying again

1e. Using "manage-bde" to pause, resume, start encrypting and then start decrypting again (on steps 1b, 1c, and 1d).

1f. Connecting the drive to another Windows 10 Pro 64-bit computer and trying steps 1a and 1e.

1g. Running "chkdsk" in an administrator command prompt, and via the GUI version in drive properties, both said no errors were found.

1h. Attempting to use "repair-bde F: G: -rp [Full recovery password, that has been tested and is working] -Force", however I don't have another drive that is 4TB capacity (the "G" drive is a 32GB USB stick). Output:

Bitlocker Drive Encryption: Repair Tool version 10.0.18362

Copyright (C) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

LOG ERROR: 0xc000003d

Needs at least 3815318 MB of free space for repair.

ERROR: Not enough free space on output volume to perform repair.

What I have observed:

1. 30-60% disc activity on the drive for about a second on steps 1a, 1b, 1c,

2. 100% disc activity on the drive when using "manage-bde -on F:" (re-encrypting the drive)

3. 100% disc activity on the drive when using "manage-bde -off F:" (decrypting the drive again) AFTER step 2, but only until (I assume) BitLocker gets to the same place where it was stuck before, as disc activity drops to 0%. This leads me to believe that
    BitLocker may be getting stuck in a particular place or on a particular file.

I still have full access to the drive and can read/write perfectly fine. Have successfully viewed files, added files and removed files (for testing). I can read/write perfectly fine on both Windows machines I tested on.

TLDR: Bitlocker decryption of a 4TB USB HDD stuck at 82.1% with 0% disc activity for hours. No errors found on the drive, files still fully accessible.

I have already contacted an "IT Pro/Admin" from Microsoft Support who guided me with steps 1e and 1f, but BitLocker still appears to not be doing a lot.

I have also looked at the BitLocker event logs, but nothing about errors is displayed, simply status messages such as "BitLocker decryption was started for volume F:." and "The BitLocker protected volume F: was unlocked. Protector GUID: {xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx}
    Identification GUID: {xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx}"

If you have any ideas or suggestions for fully decrypting the drive, please let me know.

Shiraz M, May 24, 2021
  4. BitLocker Decryption Stuck

Bitlocker Decryption stucked at 99.9%, how to resolve it?

I was trying to encrypt my external data drive using Bitlocker, But it was stucked at 24.8%. I kept my pc on for whole night but encryption process was not successful. Then i removed the external hardisk.

Every time i connect the harddisk, bitlocker encryption dialogue box pop up and were always at 24.8%.

After so many try, I found the CMD command

manage-bde -off drive:

This command has ended the encryption process and started the decryption proecess.

Now, the problem is that this decryption process is stucked at 99.9%. It is not showing any progress, What to do?

Sachin_Almighty, May 24, 2021
Thema:

BitLocker Decryption Stuck

1. BitLocker Decryption Stuck - Similar Threads - BitLocker Decryption Stuck

2. Bitlocker stuck on decrypting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker stuck on decrypting: So i dont know why when i go to disk management it shows that my Locak Disk C: was bitlocker encrypted, so i tried decrypting it from manage bitlocker, But now its stuck on decrypting,...
  3. Bitlocker stuck on decrypting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker stuck on decrypting: So i dont know why when i go to disk management it shows that my Locak Disk C: was bitlocker encrypted, so i tried decrypting it from manage bitlocker, But now its stuck on decrypting,...
  4. Bitlocker stuck on decrypting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck: my Toshiba 3TB hard drive is stuck at 80.3% for the past 3-4 daysNo progressduring the 3-4 days, it keeps decrypting all the time and never goes on at 80.3%Even now it is stuckNo read-write process from 3-4 days on this driveDuring the decryption process, the read-write speed...
  6. BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck

BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck: my Toshiba 3TB hard drive is stuck at 80.3% for the past 3-4 daysNo progressduring the 3-4 days, it keeps decrypting all the time and never goes on at 80.3%Even now it is stuckNo read-write process from 3-4 days on this driveDuring the decryption process, the read-write speed...
  7. BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck: my Toshiba 3TB hard drive is stuck at 80.3% for the past 3-4 days No peogress https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-drive-decryption-stuck/843c3bf0-3f66-4f14-9b4d-e7f4c1144a6d
  8. BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck

BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck: my Toshiba 3TB hard drive is stuck at 80.3% for the past 3-4 days No peogress https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-drive-decryption-stuck/843c3bf0-3f66-4f14-9b4d-e7f4c1144a6d
  9. Bitlocker decryption paused at 73.1% and stuck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker decryption paused at 73.1% and stuck: I plugged in an external HD that was protected by bitlocker. A pop-up windows shows that Decryption is paused at 73.1. There is a resume button but when clicked, it only makes it worse and window is Not Responding. On cmd, I checked manage-bde -status: Volume F: [MEDIA...
  10. Bitlocker stuck decrypting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker stuck decrypting: i have a 2TB drive almost full, i have started the decrytion and it is stuck at 77% for about a week now. I have tried everything. There is no suspend or pause option in bitlocker manager. I have tried manage bde in CMD and when i try to pause it just sits there for days. i...