Windows 10: BitLocker Decryption Taking forever to complete.

Discus and support BitLocker Decryption Taking forever to complete. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I recently deleted my Ubuntu partition and added it to my Windows C drive (which is BitLocked). I'm now trying to decrypt the and it is taking... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rarmahse, May 30, 2019.

1. rarmahse Win User

BitLocker Decryption Taking forever to complete.

Hi,

I recently deleted my Ubuntu partition and added it to my Windows C drive (which is BitLocked). I'm now trying to decrypt the and it is taking forever to complete.

Of note, the drive is about 400GB.

I've waited for about 12 hours and it is still decrypting.

May I know when to expect the completion of the process. I have assignments to complete using the Laptop.

Please help

:)

rarmahse, May 30, 2019

2. BITLOCKER DECRYPTION IS TAKING FOREVER

So its been 3 days since i started to decrypt my drive E but its still on 19.3%

Is there any way to make the process faster?

My drive E is 229GB free of 736GB

I want to finish the decryption fast so that i can reset my windows 8.1. It might damage my files if i reset it without completing the decryptipn process

siractionslacks, May 30, 2019
  3. Decrypting bitlocker.

Original Title: BITLOCKER

I am trying to get my HQ to move my computers form their OU to mine and I am being told that the bitlocker needs to be decrypted. Is that correct or is bitlocker unique to each computer and not the the naming convention of the location that initialized
    bitlocker?

ArtMurphyEM, May 30, 2019
  4. JimWynne Win User

bitlocker decryption

Bitlocker doesn't get invoked all by itself. Without the key there is no way to decrypt the device. That is, of course, by design.

JimWynne, May 30, 2019
Thema:

1. BitLocker Decryption Taking forever to complete. - Similar Threads - BitLocker Decryption Taking

2. I encrypted a large drive with BitLocker and it will take forever to decrypt and it freezes...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I encrypted a large drive with BitLocker and it will take forever to decrypt and it freezes...: I have a Windows 10 Pro. Yesterday I turned on BitLocker on my 903 Gb used space drive without knowing what it will cost me. The initial encryption process didn't take long, but then when I tried to decrypt it back it took forever. If Microsoft says every 1 minute 500 Mb is...
  3. I encrypted a large drive with BitLocker and it will take forever to decrypt and it freezes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I encrypted a large drive with BitLocker and it will take forever to decrypt and it freezes...: I have a Windows 10 Pro. Yesterday I turned on BitLocker on my 903 Gb used space drive without knowing what it will cost me. The initial encryption process didn't take long, but then when I tried to decrypt it back it took forever. If Microsoft says every 1 minute 500 Mb is...
  4. I encrypted a large drive with BitLocker and it will take forever to decrypt and it freezes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I accidentally encrypted a large drive with BitLocker and it will take forever to decrypt...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I accidentally encrypted a large drive with BitLocker and it will take forever to decrypt...: I have a Windows 10 Pro. Yesterday I turned on BitLocker on my 903 Gb used space drive without knowing what it will cost me. The initial encryption process didn't take long, but then when I tried to decrypt it back it took forever. If Microsoft says every 1 minute 500 Mb is...
  6. I accidentally encrypted a large drive with BitLocker and it will take forever to decrypt...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally encrypted a large drive with BitLocker and it will take forever to decrypt...: I have a Windows 10 Pro. Yesterday I turned on BitLocker on my 903 Gb used space drive without knowing what it will cost me. The initial encryption process didn't take long, but then when I tried to decrypt it back it took forever. If Microsoft says every 1 minute 500 Mb is...
  7. I accidentally encrypted a large drive with BitLocker and it will take forever to decrypt...

8. BitLocker Decryption Taking forever to complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Decryption Taking forever to complete: Hi,Recently my C Drive partition got space full so i tried to to add some space to it through other patriations but it was bitlocked. I'm now trying to decrypt the and it is taking forever to complete.Of note, the overall size of my HDD is about 1 TB. and as for C drive its...
  9. BitLocker Decryption Taking forever to complete

BitLocker Decryption Taking forever to complete: Hi,Recently my C Drive partition got space full so i tried to to add some space to it through other patriations but it was bitlocked. I'm now trying to decrypt the and it is taking forever to complete.Of note, the overall size of my HDD is about 1 TB. and as for C drive its...
  10. BitLocker Decryption Taking forever to complete

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker encryption taking forever

2. bitlocker decryption taking forever

3. bitlocker decrypting forever

4. bit locker encryption is taking forever to start,
  5. bitlocker drive decryption taking fover,
  6. bitlocker disabling taking forever