Windows 10: Bitlocker decryption was interrupted and Now I dont have access to my drives

Discus and support Bitlocker decryption was interrupted and Now I dont have access to my drives in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I recently wanted to turn off BitLocker encryption on one of my drives which got interrupted and now I don't have access to the drive all my files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by J4ved, Jan 31, 2020.

1. J4ved Win User

Bitlocker decryption was interrupted and Now I dont have access to my drives

Hi

I recently wanted to turn off BitLocker encryption on one of my drives which got interrupted and now I don't have access to the drive all my files were inside the drive which is now all locked on the drive that I don't have access to.

The problem is that now whenever I reconnect the drive to my laptop the computer sort of freezes at the moment and I get no signs of the drive anywhere on my computer.

Help is really appreciated because I really need all my files.

:)

J4ved, Jan 31, 2020

2. Bitlocker Decryption paused and does not resume.

Hi Hamza,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction in fixing the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to fix the issue.

1. Open the command prompt as admin.
    2. Type in manage-bde –off <drive> and hit
      Enter.

manage-bde –resume <drive>
    manage-bde –on <drive>

Replace Drive by drive letter

1. Restart the computer and check the status of the issue

You may also refer the article Computer
    Crash: How To Use manage-bde To Recover A Partially Decrypted Hard Drive

for the detailed information.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to post your query in
    IT TechNet
    forums
    , where we have a dedicated team of experts who are equipped with the resources to guide you with the further steps to fix the issue.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jan 31, 2020
  3. How to turn bitlocker "again" on a drive which was previously bitlocker decrypted? Please Help!

Hi,

Device encryption helps protect your data by encrypting ("scrambling") it. Only someone with the right encryption key (like a password) can decrypt ("unscramble") it.
    • Sign in to Windows with an administrator account.
    • Go to Start, enter encryption, and select
      Change device encryption settings
      from the list of results.
    • Select Manage BitLocker, select Turn on BitLocker, and then follow the instructions.
    Also, please refer to the below link and check if it helps.

Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide

Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide

Please let us know if the issue is resolved or you need any further assistance,

Thank you.

Have a good day!

Amarjeet_Paul, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Bitlocker decryption was interrupted and Now I dont have access to my drives

BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker decryption was interrupted and Now I dont have access to my drives

1. Bitlocker decryption was interrupted and Now I dont have access to my drives - Similar Threads - Bitlocker decryption was

2. While decryption D drive got locked due to force shutdown, and i dont have bitlocker...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While decryption D drive got locked due to force shutdown, and i dont have bitlocker...: While decryption D drive got locked due to force shutdown, and i dont have bitlocker recovery key. Now it is asking load from USB drive anyone can you help me.....
  3. While decryption D drive got locked due to force shutdown, and i dont have bitlocker...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    While decryption D drive got locked due to force shutdown, and i dont have bitlocker...: While decryption D drive got locked due to force shutdown, and i dont have bitlocker recovery key. Now it is asking load from USB drive anyone can you help me.....
  4. While decryption D drive got locked due to force shutdown, and i dont have bitlocker...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. BitLocker Drive Decryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Drive Decryption: someone help me my PC has taken 24hrs to drive decryption, and still now is ongoing decrypting, PC is frozen, stuck at 62.7% up to now, what is problem so far? I'm so tired...
  6. BitLocker Drive Decryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Drive Decryption: someone help me my PC has taken 24hrs to drive decryption, and still now is ongoing decrypting, PC is frozen, stuck at 62.7% up to now, what is problem so far? I'm so tired...
  7. BitLocker Drive Decryption

8. BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck: my Toshiba 3TB hard drive is stuck at 80.3% for the past 3-4 daysNo progressduring the 3-4 days, it keeps decrypting all the time and never goes on at 80.3%Even now it is stuckNo read-write process from 3-4 days on this driveDuring the decryption process, the read-write speed...
  9. BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck

BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck: my Toshiba 3TB hard drive is stuck at 80.3% for the past 3-4 daysNo progressduring the 3-4 days, it keeps decrypting all the time and never goes on at 80.3%Even now it is stuckNo read-write process from 3-4 days on this driveDuring the decryption process, the read-write speed...
  10. BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck

BitLocker Drive Decryption stuck: my Toshiba 3TB hard drive is stuck at 80.3% for the past 3-4 days No peogress https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-drive-decryption-stuck/843c3bf0-3f66-4f14-9b4d-e7f4c1144a6d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to resume interrupted bitlocker encryption