Windows 10: BitLocker did not offer recovery password upon encryption command. Is there any way back?

Discus and support BitLocker did not offer recovery password upon encryption command. Is there any way back? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After a CLI encryption of a computer on our domain, BitLocker did not offer a recovery password for the D drive. The D drive has 80% empty space, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RikStew, Feb 2, 2023.

1. RikStew Win User

BitLocker did not offer recovery password upon encryption command. Is there any way back?

After a CLI encryption of a computer on our domain, BitLocker did not offer a recovery password for the D drive. The D drive has 80% empty space, so the issue not it being too full. The C: drive has not encrypted yet; I paused it once the user noticed the locked drive and I could not recover it. I tried recovering with the recovery key provided for C drive. Did not work. I ran a manage-bde -protectors -get d: to find the recovery file name; it worked, but we cannot find the .bek on the C:. Further research shows the OS drive C: should be encrypted first as the bek file is stored on th

:)

RikStew, Feb 2, 2023

2. Bitlocker Drive Encryption

Recently I was attempting to encrypt my drive with bitlocker because windows was suggesting to encrypt them via the security page when logging into my account. Though, when I do attempt to encrypt them with bitlocker it states that my drive is already
    encrypted via bitlocker. I was wondering if there was a different way that it needs to be set up because I was hoping to add the extra layer of security to my drives with bitlocker encryption and password protecting them via a recovery key.

User1234567_953, Feb 2, 2023
  3. Data Recovery in Bitlocker Encrypted Drive

Today my home laptop system asked for bit locker password after booting up (before login). Bit locker encryption was not enabled by me. However, to make the computer usable, C drive was formatted since there was no critical data in C Drive. However D Drive is still encrypted.

Kindly confirm

1. Can Bitlocker Encryption be enabled without intervention of the user?
    2. Where to find the bitlocker encryption key?
    3. How to recover the Data in Encrypted D Drive?

Sourabh Saha, Feb 2, 2023
  4. BitLocker did not offer recovery password upon encryption command. Is there any way back?

Unlocking Bitlocker encrypted system drive without recovery key

Thanks Shenan.

My main point is that I know my BitLocker password, but not my Bitlocker recovery key. I am frustrated as to why the BitLocker recovery key should be necessary if a user knows his BitLocker password. But the system is not offering me any option to enter
    the password.

I'm aware that a clean installation is possible, but my only interest is in recovering the data on the encrypted drive so I don't want to do a clean installation.

I'll try a data recovery service and see what happens BitLocker did not offer recovery password upon encryption command.  Is there any way back? :( .

tintomatoes, Feb 2, 2023
Thema:

BitLocker did not offer recovery password upon encryption command. Is there any way back?

1. BitLocker did not offer recovery password upon encryption command. Is there any way back? - Similar Threads - BitLocker did offer

2. BitLocker Recovery Key Not Offered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Recovery Key Not Offered: Is it true that Microsoft cannot or does not provide any help for users whose system is locked by BitLocker, but were never given a BitLocker Recovery Key? In fact, I did not even initiate the BitLocker functionality. But it is now stopping me from using my laptop or...
  3. BitLocker Recovery Key Not Offered

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker Recovery Key Not Offered: Is it true that Microsoft cannot or does not provide any help for users whose system is locked by BitLocker, but were never given a BitLocker Recovery Key? In fact, I did not even initiate the BitLocker functionality. But it is now stopping me from using my laptop or...
  4. BitLocker did not offer recovery password upon encryption command. Is there any way back?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BitLocker did not offer recovery password upon encryption command. Is there any way back?: After a CLI encryption of a computer on our domain, BitLocker did not offer a recovery password for the D drive. The D drive has 80% empty space, so the issue not it being too full. The C: drive has not encrypted yet; I paused it once the user noticed the locked drive and I...
  5. BitLocker did not offer recovery password upon encryption command. Is there any way back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker did not offer recovery password upon encryption command. Is there any way back?: After a CLI encryption of a computer on our domain, BitLocker did not offer a recovery password for the D drive. The D drive has 80% empty space, so the issue not it being too full. The C: drive has not encrypted yet; I paused it once the user noticed the locked drive and I...
  6. Any way around the bitlocker recovery key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way around the bitlocker recovery key?: I tried installing a new program Protools on my laptop and it completely crashed it. It's now requesting a bitlocker recovery key. The only problem is, I purchased the laptop with my work email and have since changed jobs, so the email account the device purchase and...
  7. Any way around the bitlocker recovery key?

Any way around the bitlocker recovery key?: I tried installing a new program Protools on my laptop and it completely crashed it. It's now requesting a bitlocker recovery key. The only problem is, I purchased the laptop with my work email and have since changed jobs, so the email account the device purchase and...
  8. bitlocker encrypted drive not opening with password or recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker encrypted drive not opening with password or recovery key: Password and recovery key are correct. Do I have any options? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-encrypted-drive-not-opening-with/ce12de0f-e3c9-41f8-a737-1428cc4de9cb
  9. bitlocker encrypted drive not opening with password or recovery key

bitlocker encrypted drive not opening with password or recovery key: Password and recovery key are correct. Do I have any options? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-encrypted-drive-not-opening-with/ce12de0f-e3c9-41f8-a737-1428cc4de9cb
  10. Bitlocker recovery commands...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bitlocker recovery commands...: hello: When I logged in to my Microsoft account to find my BitLocker recovery key, I found 19 recovery keys. I want to unlock Bitlocker via CMD using my recovery key. But why are there 19 recovery keys and how do I really know which one is for my new laptop or should I try...