Windows 10: BitLocker Disk Image Mount On W10 Home?

Discus and support BitLocker Disk Image Mount On W10 Home? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Can I use a Windows 10 Pro device to create a BitLocker enabled disk image and mount it with the password on a Windows 10 Home PC? I know W10 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/voidstructure, Jun 3, 2020.

1. BitLocker Disk Image Mount On W10 Home?

Can I use a Windows 10 Pro device to create a BitLocker enabled disk image and mount it with the password on a Windows 10 Home PC? I know W10 Home can’t create BitLocker drives but can it mount and edit/add to them?

submitted by /u/voidstructure
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/voidstructure, Jun 3, 2020

2. fragmented disk image

Hi Brandon,

VHD (Virtual Hard Disk) is a file that represents a virtual hard drive and contains what is normally found on a physical hard disk drive. You can try to mount the VHD images to extract and recover the file by following the steps below:

• Right-click on Start Menu and select Disk Management.
    • On the Disk Management window, click Action and select
      Attach VHD.
    • Click Browse, navigate to and select the VHD file, click
      Open
      , then OK.
    • You can now proceed to browse, copy and open files from the mounted VHD.

Note: You may have to mount all VHD files to extract a single disk image file from it.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Adrianne Buc, Jun 3, 2020
  3. MarkS.1 Win User
    Bitlocker VHD not mounting

When I try to mount my bitlocker-encrypted VHD file, I get the following error message:

Couldn't Mount File, Make sure the file is in NTFS volume and isn't a compressed folder or volume

When I previously and successfully mounted the vhd, I was prompted for the BitLocker password. But now there is no password prompt and I get the latter error.

How do I get this vhd to mount?

MarkS.1, Jun 3, 2020
  4. derekimo Win User

BitLocker Disk Image Mount On W10 Home?

How do I mount a Macrium disk image?

You can right click on them, explore image,

BitLocker Disk Image Mount On W10 Home? [​IMG]

Then put a check in the image you want to view, I only have one showing in this one but it will list them when you have more,

Press OK and it will mount it.

derekimo, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

BitLocker Disk Image Mount On W10 Home?

1. BitLocker Disk Image Mount On W10 Home? - Similar Threads - BitLocker Disk Image

2. Mount image with dism

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mount image with dism: Keep getting this errorC:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /mount-image "/imagefile:C:\iso_files\sources\install.wim /index:6 /MountDir:C:\test\offline Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.844 Error: 87 The command-line is missing the /mountdir option. For...
  3. Mount image with dism

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mount image with dism: Keep getting this errorC:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /mount-image "/imagefile:C:\iso_files\sources\install.wim /index:6 /MountDir:C:\test\offline Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.844 Error: 87 The command-line is missing the /mountdir option. For...
  4. Mount image with dism

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Online / Offline a disk in Disk Management. W10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Online / Offline a disk in Disk Management. W10 Home: Hello, If I remember correctly, in previous operating systems I could right click on a disk in Disk Management to be given the option to Offline/Online the Disk. I am using W10 Home, this doesn't seem to be there. Is there a simple way to offline and online a disk which...
  6. Mount home directory on second disk

Mount home directory on second disk: In Linux I can mount a large disk on /home/"myusername", and thereafter all my huge number of user files are stored on that non-system disk. How can I do the same on Windows 10? I know I can move some - but not all - user folders/files on C:\Users\"myusername" to equivalent...
  7. Bitlocker VHD not mounting

Bitlocker VHD not mounting: When I try to mount my bitlocker-encrypted VHD file, I get the following error message: Couldn't Mount File, Make sure the file is in NTFS volume and isn't a compressed folder or volume When I previously and successfully mounted the vhd, I was prompted for the BitLocker...
  8. Avoiding Bitlocker Device Encryption on W10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avoiding Bitlocker Device Encryption on W10 Home: I haven't installed Windows 10 Home on my new system yet. I do not want to use Device Encryption (not to be confused with Bitlocker Drive Encryption, which isn't available on W10 Home). Not even with a "clear" key. My understanding is that Device Encryption requires the...
  9. Mount Image Files

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Mount Image Files: Am I mistaken, or didn't Windows 10 come with an built in application for mounting image files? I have a .bin file that I am not able to mount automatically. Thanks 23752
  10. How do I mount a Macrium disk image?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I mount a Macrium disk image?: The images I have are in the form: XXXXXX.mrimg. How do I mount an image so I can read and use individual files and folders? Thank you. 60278