Windows 10: Bitlocker does not give me the option to auto unlock my storage pool.

Discus and support Bitlocker does not give me the option to auto unlock my storage pool. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have three internal hard drives that are in a storage pool and I have encrypted them via bitlocker. When I go to "my computer" and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NicDeguffroy, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Bitlocker does not give me the option to auto unlock my storage pool.

Hi,

I have three internal hard drives that are in a storage pool and I have encrypted them via bitlocker.

When I go to "my computer" and click on the drive to unlock it, it allows me to enter my password to unlock it but when I go to the drop down menu to click the auto unlock feature that option is not there.

If I go to the bitlocker settings it will not allow me to auto unlock.

I have two other external hard drives that are also encrypted with bitlocker and they do have the feature to auto unlock.

I need this storage pool to auto unlock like the rest of my drives.

How can this be fixed?

:)

NicDeguffroy, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Fra881 Win User

Bitlocker Auto Unlock: activated but not working

I have 2 storage hdd encrypted w/ bitlocker, in addition to the encrypted OS volume C:.

I activated auto unlock expecting the storage volumes to automatically unlock with the unlocking of C: (I enter the psw during boot since I don't have TPM). However they stay locked until I open them and manually enter their psw.

Looked everywhere on the internet for solutions but the problem is still here, so I'm posting asking for help.

Things to know:
    - storage volumes are seen as removable, instead of fixed (I guess because ahci is set, so should be normal)
    - the two storage volumes have been encrypted before encrypting C:, and have different psw from C: (shouldn't matter either, but you never know)

Fra881, Apr 9, 2020
  3. zeb1s Win User
    existing bitlocker encrypted storage pool after re-installation of OS

I am currently using the Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation (90-day trial licence). I am trying out Windows 10 to evaluate the Bitlocker encryption and storage pool features. I am nearing the end of my trial period and will need to purchase a license to continue using Windows.

I understand that there is no way to continue to use my existing installation of Windows 10 Enterprise after the trial ends, and that I will need to wipe the OS and clean install (a regular non-enterprise version of) Windows.

I would like to purchase Windows 10 Pro and install that.

I currently have the OS on a SSD, and two (other) hard drives configured as a bitlocker encrypted storage pool for my data. What will happen to my existing bitlocker encrypted storage pool after I wipe the OS (SSD) and clean install Windows 10 Pro? Will the new install of Windows see my encrypted storage pool and allow me to use my password to unlock it?

zeb1s, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Viruzz Win User

Bitlocker does not give me the option to auto unlock my storage pool.

HELP: Automatic BitLocker Unlock.

Thank you sir, ill try your solution.

Windows Auto unlock ONLY works in case you have Bitlocker on your system drive, because if your system drive is not encrypted auto unlocking other drives means loss of security.
    But in my case my system drive is Encrypted with hardware encryption that i password unlock during boot. So auto unlocking Bitlocker drives will do fine for me.

Viruzz, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker does not give me the option to auto unlock my storage pool.

1. Bitlocker does not give me the option to auto unlock my storage pool. - Similar Threads - Bitlocker does option

2. Enable BitLocker Auto-unlock gives error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable BitLocker Auto-unlock gives error: I have a laptop. It was sold new with Windows 11 home, upgraded to Windows 11 Pro with a retail license. slmgr.vbs /div shows that it is RETAIL channel and Licensed. I also added as second SSD which I formatted as one big Basic Data Partition, NTFS, and assigned drive letter...
  3. Enable BitLocker Auto-unlock gives error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable BitLocker Auto-unlock gives error: I have a laptop. It was sold new with Windows 11 home, upgraded to Windows 11 Pro with a retail license. slmgr.vbs /div shows that it is RETAIL channel and Licensed. I also added as second SSD which I formatted as one big Basic Data Partition, NTFS, and assigned drive letter...
  4. Auto Unlock BitLocked drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Unlock BitLocked drives: Hi.I am just seeking some advice for the following desired implementation for encrypting drives and doing backups.I have a set of 5 USB external drives, which I have encrypted using BitLocker on a Windows 10 PC.All these drives have the same drive label, which is required for...
  5. Auto Unlock BitLocked drives

Auto Unlock BitLocked drives: Hi.I am just seeking some advice for the following desired implementation for encrypting drives and doing backups.I have a set of 5 USB external drives, which I have encrypted using BitLocker on a Windows 10 PC.All these drives have the same drive label, which is required for...
  6. Bitlocker not auto unlocking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker not auto unlocking: So, we have many systems about 15 of them in which we have a removable device USB that is encrypted by Bitlocker. We have set the system up so that the drive auto unlocks. However, if the OS is rebooted the drive will not auto unlock. I have even tried running the power shell...
  7. Bitlocker not auto unlocking

Bitlocker not auto unlocking: So, we have many systems about 15 of them in which we have a removable device USB that is encrypted by Bitlocker. We have set the system up so that the drive auto unlocks. However, if the OS is rebooted the drive will not auto unlock. I have even tried running the power shell...
  8. Bitlocker not auto unlocking

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. BitLocker Auto-Unlock

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BitLocker Auto-Unlock: I want to have BitLocker enabled, but I want to turn on auto-unlock so I don’t have to continuously enter my BitLocker password. I’ve seen some systems with this setting in Manage BitLocker, but I do not see it on mine. Does anyone know why I don’t see it? Also is there...
  10. Bitlocker does not give me the option to save to a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker does not give me the option to save to a Microsoft account: In general, when saving the recovery key, there is an option "Save to your Microsoft account". I don't have that option. Does it have something to do with me being connected to my organization's network and not having access to that option? I have tried browsing online,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows insider bitlocker home