Windows 10: BitLocker doesn't see my external drive

Discus and support BitLocker doesn't see my external drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a few external drives connected to my Dell Latitude 7310. I encrypted one and want to encrypt one more, but the second one doesn't show up in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Brother_Stein, Jan 5, 2021.

1. BitLocker doesn't see my external drive

I have a few external drives connected to my Dell Latitude 7310. I encrypted one and want to encrypt one more, but the second one doesn't show up in Manage BitLocker. My other drives do. I stored encryption keys on that drive at one point but have since moved them. Any help is appreciated.

submitted by /u/Brother_Stein
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Brother_Stein, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

BitLocker doesn't see my external drive

1. BitLocker doesn't see my external drive - Similar Threads - BitLocker doesn't external

2. Bitlocker encryption on external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker encryption on external drive: Hello, I need support regarding Bitlocker. I have activated the Bitlocker encryption on my external drive and it stopped responding at 89%. The encryption process simply freezes and it freezes my whole laptop. All I can do is enforce restarting my laptop to be able to access...
  3. hp laptop doesn't see external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hp laptop doesn't see external drive: my new hp dq5000 laptop running windows 11 does not see my seagate backup portable drive, my old pc running windows 8 sees the drive thus the drive must be working....
  4. hp laptop doesn't see external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hp laptop doesn't see external drive: my new hp dq5000 laptop running windows 11 does not see my seagate backup portable drive, my old pc running windows 8 sees the drive thus the drive must be working....
  5. Windows doesn't see my external webcam on reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows doesn't see my external webcam on reboot: Whenever my hp box a tower running Windows 10, and yeah the tower is pretty old reboots, it can't find my external webcam. This means I have to crawl around on the floor and unplug/replug the usb cable. I'm not all that young, either.The question is: Is there some way to...
  6. Bitlocker doesn't recognize external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker doesn't recognize external hard drive: Recently bought an external hard drive and wanted to use bitlocker go to password protect it. I plugged the hard drive into my laptop through a usb 3.0 connection and it appears in my file explorer just fine. However, when go into "manage bitlocker" it does not appear in the...
  7. Bitlocker for External Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker for External Drive: Sorry I tried to search but couldn't find the answer. I have 4TB external hard disk (3TB Filled) and I am thinking of enabling bitlocker on it. Would it be possible to suspend the encryption process and disconnect the drive to continue on another day? Previously while...
  8. Trouble Seeing External Drive

Trouble Seeing External Drive: I have been using a WD My Passport external drive since 2006. Beginning in Dec 2019, none of my laptops can "see" the external drive when I plug in the USB cable. Using Disk Manager, it says that there are 931 GB Unallocated and disk not been initialized. What happened?...
  9. My Computer Doesn't "See" External Hard Drives

My Computer Doesn't "See" External Hard Drives: Toshiba laptop, W10 Home, Ver 1803 I have 2 external hard drives. When I plug either of them into a USB port I hear the normal beep sound, indicating they've been recognized but they don't automatically play, even though auto play is enabled . They don't even show up in...
  10. Windows not seeing external drive

Windows not seeing external drive: I've just moved flat and when I setup my desktop PC again, Win 10 does not see the external USB 3.0, 1 Tb disk drive I have on my system. I had previously noticed this with another small drive but hadn't got round to dealing with it. My flash drives - 2.0 and 3.0 - all work...