Windows 10: Bitlocker drive encryption can't be used because of missing system files...

Discus and support Bitlocker drive encryption can't be used because of missing system files... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone,2 days ago i seen that my c drive just has 8gb free space so i exteneded it to have more free space.I tried to do it with windows disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Amir Ali 007, May 25, 2023.

1. Bitlocker drive encryption can't be used because of missing system files...

Hi everyone,2 days ago i seen that my c drive just has 8gb free space so i exteneded it to have more free space.I tried to do it with windows disk management but i could not because of error:"Bitlocker drive encryption can not used bacause of missing or corrupted system files, you can fix that with windows startup repair" first times i easily shrank space but after using one bad third party app named amoei and failed to shrink space i got that errorand did it using another third part app that one is really good and safe as advice of a microsoft agent right here.Everything was good upon i g

:)

Amir Ali 007, May 25, 2023

2. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, May 25, 2023
  3. Bitlocker Drive Encryption(Not Responding) at 84.5%

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are trying to encrypt the complete hard drive with BitLocker Drive Encryption and now it’s not responding as well.

We would suggest you to refer this
    BitLocker: Use BitLocker Drive Encryption Tools to manage BitLocker
    article and check manage-bde section, if that helps to make the changes.

However, for further queries we would suggest you to post your query in

TechNet
    forums, where we have experts and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on BitLocker to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 25, 2023
  4. Bitlocker drive encryption can't be used because of missing system files...

File back up to bitlockered external drive

Thanks John.

By trial and error the solution is,

• Set the file back up to the desired external USB drive, Back up using file history.
    • Run backup to completion.
    • Dismount, (Remove) the drive used.
    • Remount (Plug in) the drive used for the file back up (Steps 1&2) and encrypt using Bitlocker.
    Note you can only encrypt drives using some versions of Windows (Pro for eg not Home)

• Once the external drive has been encrypted dismount.
    • Remount the drive, go to the file back up option, Open, Settings, Backup,
      Back up using file history
    • The drive should now still be visible and has been encrypted.
    • Accessing the drive will be dependant on how it was set up in Bitlocker,
      Open with this PC, password, pin code
      etc.
    • Repeat file back up as in the first two steps.

Hope this helps someone else.

Martin Holme, May 25, 2023
Thema:

Bitlocker drive encryption can't be used because of missing system files...

1. Bitlocker drive encryption can't be used because of missing system files... - Similar Threads - Bitlocker drive encryption

2. Can't Encrypt USB Drive with Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Encrypt USB Drive with Bitlocker: Hi - I have a new HP laptop that came with Windows 11 Home. I upgraded it to Windows 11 Pro, because I want to use BitLocker. I was able to turn on BitLocker on the C drive. However, when I try to encrypt a USB drive with BitLocker, I receive an error saying: "Starting...
  3. Can't Encrypt USB Drive with Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Encrypt USB Drive with Bitlocker: Hi - I have a new HP laptop that came with Windows 11 Home. I upgraded it to Windows 11 Pro, because I want to use BitLocker. I was able to turn on BitLocker on the C drive. However, when I try to encrypt a USB drive with BitLocker, I receive an error saying: "Starting...
  4. Bitlocker drive encryption service missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker drive encryption service missing: So i can't change my bitlocker setting and when i looked into services.msc i couldnt find the bit locker service.Is there a way that i could include the service back in...
  5. Bitlocker drive encryption service missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker drive encryption service missing: So i can't change my bitlocker setting and when i looked into services.msc i couldnt find the bit locker service.Is there a way that i could include the service back in...
  6. Bitlocker drive encryption service missing

7. Bitlocker drive encryption can't be used because of missing system files...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker drive encryption can't be used because of missing system files...: Hi everyone,2 days ago i seen that my c drive just has 8gb free space so i exteneded it to have more free space.I tried to do it with windows disk management but i could not because of error:"Bitlocker drive encryption can not used bacause of missing or corrupted system...
  8. Bitlocker drive encryption can't be used because of missing system files...

Bitlocker drive encryption can't be used because of missing system files...: Hi everyone,2 days ago i seen that my c drive just has 8gb free space so i exteneded it to have more free space.I tried to do it with windows disk management but i could not because of error:"Bitlocker drive encryption can not used bacause of missing or corrupted system...
  9. Help with using a bitlocker encrypted drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with using a bitlocker encrypted drive: I was moving to a new laptop my new laptop shipped with windows 10 home single lanuage. meanwhile my old laptop was running windows 7 ultimate and had bitlocker drive encryption so,can i plug in the harddrive from the old laptop using a external harddrive enclosure and access...
  10. Accessing the files while encrypting a drive using Bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accessing the files while encrypting a drive using Bitlocker: Hello there, If I'm encrypting a drive using Bitlocker but some folders in the same drive are locked using a third party software Folder Locker Then what the whole drive be encrypted by Bitlocker and will ignore the privileges of that third party software OR what this...