Windows 10: BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery Error: Error Recovering Disk...

Discus and support BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery Error: Error Recovering Disk... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have this external HD which holds Photos of my whole life, Video Tutorials and Ebooks. It has two partitions H: and I: and both partitions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Raj.B., Sep 13, 2020.

1. Raj.B. Win User

BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery Error: Error Recovering Disk...

Hello,

I have this external HD which holds Photos of my whole life, Video Tutorials and Ebooks. It has two partitions H: and I: and both partitions were Bit Locker Encrypted. I have recently moved to Mac with Bootcamp and I decided to Decrypt / Remove the Bit Locker as otherwise the HD wasn't accessible on Mac Side. So I started with decryption on Windows 10 of 1st. partition H: and it was just a few percent done when my little daughter disturbed the wire which caused decryption to stop and not complete.

Now, I am unable to access the drive by any mean. It doesn't ask for the Password and it just shows one drive I think the one which I was decrypting. To make it worse, the recovery key backup was in the drive itself and I don’t have any other backup. However, I remember the password which I was using to unlock the Drive.

Also, there is an anomaly to this behavior too. On Windows 10 which is having updates on, I can only see one drive/partition no Lock pad and it's always busy. The system stops responding if I double click the drive. However, on Windows 7 which is actually an old OS to Windows 10 surprisingly, I can see both Drives/Partitions with a Lock pad.

And the one which I started decrypting is not accessible and throws an error: Error recovering disk: "A recovery key was not found on this drive. the drive can not be unlocked" while the one which was yet to be decrypted is accessible. Please help me gain access to the partition which is not accessible. I have read about this Windows BitLocker Repair Tool but since I don’t have a Recovery Key or Recovery Password I can’t use it.

I just have the normal password which I was using to Open the Drive. Another utility that I tried is from m3datarecovery.com and that is accepting the password but not able to recover the data. Any solution to fix the drive and get the data back. Can we make the Drive Decryption resume may be through Windows Restore or Any other Utility / Events viewer etc. Or get the Meta Data and find recovery key/password using normal password. May be I am thinking high.

Attaching a screenshot of error from Windows 7. Please let me know if you need any other information from my side.

Thanks in advance!BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery Error: Error Recovering Disk... [​IMG]

:)

Raj.B., Sep 13, 2020

2. Data Recovery from Bitlocker Encrypted Drive Fail

Hi friends,

I'm using Windows 10, Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

I'm in a bit of a jam. Thanks to a faulty USB cable, my 8TB external hard-drive disconnected while decrypting the data. And so now it's not accepting my password, which I know is correct.

I get the first following error:

BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery Error: Error Recovering Disk... [​IMG]

So I did some googling and found these instructions:

How to Recover Data from Damaged Bitlocker Drive

I bought another 8TB hard-drive, formatted it and executed:

repair-bde E: F: -pw –Force

This went to 100%, which some errors reading specific sectors (which the article outlined). But when I went to run chkdsk as recommended, I got the following error on the output drive (F:\)

I also get the following error when I attach the output drive from Windows:

When I get the disks in DISKPART, the corrupted drive seems to still have something on it, even though it went to completion with repair-bde.

I'm at a loss, my next step is ddrescue on Linux, but I'm not even sure that would work with a, presumably, still encrypted drive.

Any help would be greatly, greatly, appreciated. It's family photos, all that jazz, so I need to do everything I can to get it back.

Thanks!

GenghisKant, Sep 13, 2020
  3. error encryption Bitlocker

help me please.
    set encryption drive bitlocker
    10% progress
    the program is not responding. it all hung up. had to disconnect the drive.
    how to recover a disk? encryption is interrupted. ,
    the drive is encrypted, asks for a password. I open the disk and the encryption program opens and freezes by 10%

ДмитрийСимоненко, Sep 13, 2020
  4. BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery Error: Error Recovering Disk...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery Error: Error Recovering Disk...

1. BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery Error: Error Recovering Disk... - Similar Threads - BitLocker Drive Encryption

2. Data Recovery in Bitlocker Encrypted Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data Recovery in Bitlocker Encrypted Drive: Today my home laptop system asked for bit locker password after booting up before login. Bit locker encryption was not enabled by me. However, to make the computer usable, C drive was formatted since there was no critical data in C Drive. However D Drive is still encrypted....
  3. Data Recovery in Bitlocker Encrypted Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data Recovery in Bitlocker Encrypted Drive: Today my home laptop system asked for bit locker password after booting up before login. Bit locker encryption was not enabled by me. However, to make the computer usable, C drive was formatted since there was no critical data in C Drive. However D Drive is still encrypted....
  4. Bitlocker encryption error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker encryption error: I was trying to turn on encryption on my thumbdrive. I had to pause the encryption midway.Now when I look at my thumdrive, the files are all in a mess.How do I retrieve them?I have looked up forums and tried going to CMD with administrator rights and running:repair-bde D: E:...
  5. BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery Key

BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery Key: I purchased a second hand HP ProDesk PC and supplier replaced original SSD with new larger capacity. BitLocker was and remains turned on. I wasn't aware until I spent some time updating Win10 Pro and downloading some programs and data.Via Control Panel > BitLocker Drive...
  6. Bitlocker Encryption Error

Bitlocker Encryption Error: I have recieved my laptop from my university almost 2 years ago , At that time i was running Windows 10 Pro education on it , I have encrypted my both drives using Bitlocker tool ...Windows is causing some problems , now almost one month ago , i have installed a new copy of...
  7. BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery Error: Error Recovering Disk...

BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery Error: Error Recovering Disk...: Hello E [img] [img] [img] veryone, I have this external HD which holds Photos of my whole life, Video Tutorials and Ebooks. It has two partitions (H: and I:) and both partitions were Bit Locker Encrypted. I have recently moved to Mac (with Bootcamp) and I decided to...
  8. Bitlocker Encryption Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker Encryption Error: Hello there I have a external seagate usb hardisk drive which have 1TB storage space. The thing is i enabled bitlocker encryption on it and it was working perfectly, about two days ago i got the error that the disk structure is croupted and its not accessible anymore....
  9. BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery Key

BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery Key: On Windows 10, I'm trying to set up a Bitlock Recovery Key and I accepted the Print option. On the print out I am being asked to compare the start of the identifier on the print out with the identifier on my computer to see if it matches. Where on the computer would I find...
  10. Bitlocker drive encryption error

Bitlocker drive encryption error: i just manully updated my laptop and after update it says your bitlocker recovery key cannot save to your microsoft account. please tell the remedy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-drive-encryption-error/9060cb05-89b9-4e4c-ad1c-57944b88ad6b"