Windows 10: BitLocker Drive Encryption - Suspend Protection for OS Drive

Discus and support BitLocker Drive Encryption - Suspend Protection for OS Drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a question about suspending protection on the OS Drive. If I suspend protection and set the restart count to one for hardware changes to my PC.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by spyguy518, May 23, 2024.

1. spyguy518 Win User

BitLocker Drive Encryption - Suspend Protection for OS Drive

I have a question about suspending protection on the OS Drive. If I suspend protection and set the restart count to one for hardware changes to my PC. Must Windows be booted on the drive in order for protection to resume, or does simply disconnecting and reconnecting power constitute a "restart"?Thank you.

:)

spyguy518, May 23, 2024

2. After encrypting C: drive bitlocker goes straight to "suspended"

I encrypted my c: drive on windows 10 pro using bitlocker with no problems; however, after encryption was complete bitlocker manager indicated that bitlocker was suspended. when I run manage-bde -status the information says drive is 100% encrypted but
    says protection is off. I have decrypted and repeated process and have same problem. Any suggestions? could something else be interfering with bitlocker (antivirus software)? I have followed all proceedures regarding using bitlocker without TPM, computer is
    a HP Stream laptop.

tcfrank1982, May 23, 2024
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, May 23, 2024
  4. BitLocker Drive Encryption - Suspend Protection for OS Drive

Bitlocker Drive Encryption

Recently I was attempting to encrypt my drive with bitlocker because windows was suggesting to encrypt them via the security page when logging into my account. Though, when I do attempt to encrypt them with bitlocker it states that my drive is already
    encrypted via bitlocker. I was wondering if there was a different way that it needs to be set up because I was hoping to add the extra layer of security to my drives with bitlocker encryption and password protecting them via a recovery key.

User1234567_953, May 23, 2024
Thema:

BitLocker Drive Encryption - Suspend Protection for OS Drive

1. BitLocker Drive Encryption - Suspend Protection for OS Drive - Similar Threads - BitLocker Drive Encryption

2. BitLocker Drive Encryption - Suspend Protection for OS Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker Drive Encryption - Suspend Protection for OS Drive: I have a question about suspending protection on the OS Drive. If I suspend protection and set the restart count to one for hardware changes to my PC. Must Windows be booted on the drive in order for protection to resume, or does simply disconnecting and reconnecting power...
  3. Bitlocker Drive Encryption

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Drive Encryption: I started to decrypt an external hard drive that I got from Seagate with my recovered files on it. Too late they contacted me and said that they didn't recommend my decrypting it but if I started it I needed to let it finish. They told me that I had to turn to MS to get...
  4. "the operating system drive is not protected by bitlocker drive encryption"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "the operating system drive is not protected by bitlocker drive encryption": Hi. My pc has 8 drives attached to it. A: sata ssd B: usb C: m2 nvme E: m2 nvme U: sata ssd W: usb X: sata hdd Y: sata hdd E, U X and Y are bitlocked. I wanted to turn on the auto-unlock feature, which worked fine except for drive E, which give the error,...
  5. BitLocker Encrypted Drive

BitLocker Encrypted Drive: Hi Microsoft! I purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad that ran a Windows 10 OS. Unfortunately, the OS has been corrupted and that left me unable to access my work files on the SSD Drive. The laptop vendor had enabled the bitlocker on the drive, however, I had no copy of the recovery...
  6. Bitlocker encryption on non-os drives

Bitlocker encryption on non-os drives: hi, I have tried to recover windows due to an operating system corruption. Then when I was trying to log in I was said that there is a bitlocker encryption. I was able to recover that by logging into Microsoft account. However, still my non-os drives D: and E: are...
  7. Bitlocker Drive Encryption

Bitlocker Drive Encryption: Recently I was attempting to encrypt my drive with bitlocker because windows was suggesting to encrypt them via the security page when logging into my account. Though, when I do attempt to encrypt them with bitlocker it states that my drive is already encrypted via...
  8. Bitlocker Drive Encryption

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker Drive Encryption: I got 500 Gb drive , about 450 Gb of data I started the encryption process , it reached 58.7% and stuck there without a change since yesterday please advice. Thanks [ATTACH]...
  9. BitLocker Drive Protection Suspended and Unable to Resume

BitLocker Drive Protection Suspended and Unable to Resume: Windows Defender requested that I "reset my TPM", which I did. But upon the restarting of the computer, the bitlocker drive protection is disabled for my C drive and when I try to resume it, it says, "An internal error has occurred within the Trusted Platform Module support...
  10. Suspend or Resume BitLocker Protection for Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Suspend or Resume BitLocker Protection for Drive in Windows 10: How to: Suspend or Resume BitLocker Protection for Drive in Windows 10 How to Suspend or Resume BitLocker Protection for Drive in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your files on an entire drive. BitLocker can help...