Windows 10: BitLocker Drive Encryption: The data drive specified is not set to automatically unlock

Discus and support BitLocker Drive Encryption: The data drive specified is not set to automatically unlock in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good morning,We are trying to configure BitLocker across our domain, and we are running into some issues. The issues only occur on about a quarter of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Greg Gilles gillesg, May 13, 2021.

1. BitLocker Drive Encryption: The data drive specified is not set to automatically unlock

Good morning,We are trying to configure BitLocker across our domain, and we are running into some issues. The issues only occur on about a quarter of our machines, the rest work as intended.The error message we receive states this: "The data drive specified is not set to automatically unlock on the current computer and cannot be unlocked automatically. C: was not encrypted."This error message occurs only when we configure BitLocker with the "System Check." Checking the box when it asks. We receive the error after a reboot. If we deploy it without System Check, it works, but it prompts t

:)

Greg Gilles gillesg, May 13, 2021

2. Can't get Bitlocker to encrypt C: drive

Hi,

Windows 10 1903 on a Dell XPS 8700, no TPM. Did a clean install of Win 10, can't make Bitlocker encrypt. Have done this at least twice before, once on this computer (It worked fine. I wiped hard drive, installed Linux, coming back to Win 10. Also encrypted a laptop with TPM).

Tried all setup combinations I could think of, entered password, restarted, eventually getting this error message:

BitLocker Drive Encryption: The data drive specified is not set to automatically unlock [​IMG]

Not sure I did this image right. It says this:

Bitlocker could not be enabled
    The data drive specified is not set to automatically unlock on the current computer and cannot be unlocked automatically.
    C: was not encrypted

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Stan

sbumgarner, May 13, 2021
  3. Viruzz Win User
    HELP: Automatic BitLocker Unlock.

Please help,
    Looking for a way( script or maybe some unknown windows command or registry hack) to automatically unlock a non OS BitLocker encrypted drive on Log-In.

My situation: Right now my OS SSD Samsung 840 Evo has a boot password, its not Bios option nor windows eDrive but the third one, the one you need 3rd party software to activate it, had to purchase EMBASSY Security Center to do it.
    No issues here, the OS drive is locked and encrypted.

One of My HDD Drives is encrypted with Bitlocker, so every time my PC is booted, I need to enter windows log-in password and then open my computer and enter another password to unlock the drive.
    Whats worse is that unlike the SSD that needs unlock password only after full shutdown the Bitlocker needs it every log-in.

Windows has an option to Automaticlly unlock all BitLocker drives on boot, BUT the issue here is that this official option only works if your OS drive is also BitLocker encrypted and then log-in password unlocks everything.

Im looking for maybe a windows Script or some Hidden command to automatically unlock the BitLocker drive.

Even if it Sounds insecure like having the actual password somewhere in the registry, text file or script I dont care because the OS drive is encrypted and passworded.
    Also I have a TPM chip I can encrypt any file/folder so even if file is copied from my PC when its fully unlocked the files wont be readable anywhere unless unencrypted before.

If its important im on 8.1 pro 64bit

P.S. If there is no solution for my problem then my only choice is when windows 10 comes out to do a clean install on another Samsung 840 Evo that was previously cleared and eDrive option enabled

Thanks in advance.

Viruzz, May 13, 2021
  4. Viruzz Win User

BitLocker Drive Encryption: The data drive specified is not set to automatically unlock

HELP: Automatic BitLocker Unlock.

Thank you sir, ill try your solution.

Windows Auto unlock ONLY works in case you have Bitlocker on your system drive, because if your system drive is not encrypted auto unlocking other drives means loss of security.
    But in my case my system drive is Encrypted with hardware encryption that i password unlock during boot. So auto unlocking Bitlocker drives will do fine for me.

Viruzz, May 13, 2021
Thema:

BitLocker Drive Encryption: The data drive specified is not set to automatically unlock

1. BitLocker Drive Encryption: The data drive specified is not set to automatically unlock - Similar Threads - BitLocker Drive Encryption

2. Bitlocker hardware encrypted data drive not unlocked on hibernation wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker hardware encrypted data drive not unlocked on hibernation wake up: Hello, I've enabled bitlocker hardware-encryption for a volume on a secondary drive. Now, whenever my laptop wakes up from hibernation, the locked volume on the secondary drive isn't unlocked and becomes impossible to unlock. Issuing manage-bde commands manually reports...
  3. Bitlocker hardware encrypted data drive not unlocked on hibernation wake up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker hardware encrypted data drive not unlocked on hibernation wake up: Hello, I've enabled bitlocker hardware-encryption for a volume on a secondary drive. Now, whenever my laptop wakes up from hibernation, the locked volume on the secondary drive isn't unlocked and becomes impossible to unlock. Issuing manage-bde commands manually reports...
  4. failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive: failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive with error "resetting your protector failed for an unknown reason"I have recovery key, but still failed...
  5. failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive

failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive: failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive with error "resetting your protector failed for an unknown reason"I have recovery key, but still failed...
  6. failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Data Recovery in Bitlocker Encrypted Drive

Data Recovery in Bitlocker Encrypted Drive: Today my home laptop system asked for bit locker password after booting up before login. Bit locker encryption was not enabled by me. However, to make the computer usable, C drive was formatted since there was no critical data in C Drive. However D Drive is still encrypted....
  8. BitLocker - Automatically unlock my drive on a data drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker - Automatically unlock my drive on a data drive?: Hi,I have a Windows Server 2019 server with an OS drive encrypted with BitLocker and automatically unlocking the drive.There is also a data drive using RAID that is BitLocker encrypted and it requires a BitLocker password.Everytime the server reboots someone has to be there...
  9. BitLocker - Automatically unlock my drive on a data drive?

BitLocker - Automatically unlock my drive on a data drive?: Hi,I have a Windows Server 2019 server with an OS drive encrypted with BitLocker and automatically unlocking the drive.There is also a data drive using RAID that is BitLocker encrypted and it requires a BitLocker password.Everytime the server reboots someone has to be there...
  10. BitLocker - Automatically unlock my drive on a data drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security