Windows 10: BitLocker Drive Encryption: The data drive specified is not set to automatically unlock

Discus and support BitLocker Drive Encryption: The data drive specified is not set to automatically unlock in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good morning,We are trying to configure BitLocker across our domain, and we are running into some issues. The issues only occur on about a quarter of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Greg Gilles gillesg, May 13, 2021.

1. BitLocker Drive Encryption: The data drive specified is not set to automatically unlock

Good morning,We are trying to configure BitLocker across our domain, and we are running into some issues. The issues only occur on about a quarter of our machines, the rest work as intended.The error message we receive states this: "The data drive specified is not set to automatically unlock on the current computer and cannot be unlocked automatically. C: was not encrypted."This error message occurs only when we configure BitLocker with the "System Check." Checking the box when it asks. We receive the error after a reboot. If we deploy it without System Check, it works, but it prompts t

:)

Greg Gilles gillesg, May 13, 2021

2. Can't get Bitlocker to encrypt C: drive

Hi,

Windows 10 1903 on a Dell XPS 8700, no TPM. Did a clean install of Win 10, can't make Bitlocker encrypt. Have done this at least twice before, once on this computer (It worked fine. I wiped hard drive, installed Linux, coming back to Win 10. Also encrypted a laptop with TPM).

Tried all setup combinations I could think of, entered password, restarted, eventually getting this error message:

BitLocker Drive Encryption: The data drive specified is not set to automatically unlock [​IMG]

Not sure I did this image right. It says this:

Bitlocker could not be enabled
    The data drive specified is not set to automatically unlock on the current computer and cannot be unlocked automatically.
    C: was not encrypted

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Stan

sbumgarner, May 13, 2021
  3. Viruzz Win User
    HELP: Automatic BitLocker Unlock.

Please help,
    Looking for a way( script or maybe some unknown windows command or registry hack) to automatically unlock a non OS BitLocker encrypted drive on Log-In.

My situation: Right now my OS SSD Samsung 840 Evo has a boot password, its not Bios option nor windows eDrive but the third one, the one you need 3rd party software to activate it, had to purchase EMBASSY Security Center to do it.
    No issues here, the OS drive is locked and encrypted.

One of My HDD Drives is encrypted with Bitlocker, so every time my PC is booted, I need to enter windows log-in password and then open my computer and enter another password to unlock the drive.
    Whats worse is that unlike the SSD that needs unlock password only after full shutdown the Bitlocker needs it every log-in.

Windows has an option to Automaticlly unlock all BitLocker drives on boot, BUT the issue here is that this official option only works if your OS drive is also BitLocker encrypted and then log-in password unlocks everything.

Im looking for maybe a windows Script or some Hidden command to automatically unlock the BitLocker drive.

Even if it Sounds insecure like having the actual password somewhere in the registry, text file or script I dont care because the OS drive is encrypted and passworded.
    Also I have a TPM chip I can encrypt any file/folder so even if file is copied from my PC when its fully unlocked the files wont be readable anywhere unless unencrypted before.

If its important im on 8.1 pro 64bit

P.S. If there is no solution for my problem then my only choice is when windows 10 comes out to do a clean install on another Samsung 840 Evo that was previously cleared and eDrive option enabled

Thanks in advance.

Viruzz, May 13, 2021
  4. Viruzz Win User

BitLocker Drive Encryption: The data drive specified is not set to automatically unlock

HELP: Automatic BitLocker Unlock.

Thank you sir, ill try your solution.

Windows Auto unlock ONLY works in case you have Bitlocker on your system drive, because if your system drive is not encrypted auto unlocking other drives means loss of security.
    But in my case my system drive is Encrypted with hardware encryption that i password unlock during boot. So auto unlocking Bitlocker drives will do fine for me.

Viruzz, May 13, 2021
Thema:

BitLocker Drive Encryption: The data drive specified is not set to automatically unlock

1. BitLocker Drive Encryption: The data drive specified is not set to automatically unlock - Similar Threads - BitLocker Drive Encryption

2. How to unlock hard drive encrypted with BitLocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to unlock hard drive encrypted with BitLocker: I don’t remember the password and cannot unlock the hard drive. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-hard-drive-encrypted-with-bitlocker/08678428-f8fd-436f-9512-81369fef0fab
  3. can not unlock my hard drive it is encrypted with bitlocker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can not unlock my hard drive it is encrypted with bitlocker: i encrypted one of my hard drives with bitlocker and my computer crashed and wiped everything but the hard drive that was encrypted with bitlocker i no longer can find the recovery key through command prompt or the password have been trying for months i have data on there i...
  4. recovering data from bitlocker encrypted drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    recovering data from bitlocker encrypted drive?: submitted by /u/Hamm103 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fjra4n/recovering_data_from_bitlocker_encrypted_drive/
  5. Turn On or Off Auto-unlock for BitLocker Encrypted Data Drives in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Turn On or Off Auto-unlock for BitLocker Encrypted Data Drives in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]You can turn BitLocker Auto-unlock for fixed or removable Data Drives, on or off using BitLocker Manager, Command Prompt, and PowerShell. In this post, we will show you how you can enable or disable auto-unlock for a fixed or removable [...] This post Turn...
  6. Unlock BitLocker Encrypted Fixed or Removable Data Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Unlock BitLocker Encrypted Fixed or Removable Data Drive in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]BitLocker Drive Encryption is a data protection feature that integrates with the OS, Fixed & Removable drives that addresses threats of unauthorized access. In this post, we show you how to use password or recovery key to unlock a drive [...] This post...
  7. BitLocker encrypted drive not unlocking with recovery key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BitLocker encrypted drive not unlocking with recovery key: I encrypted an external hard drive a while ago and have since forgotten the password. I have the 48 digit recovery key saved to my computer as a notepad document. The problem I am having is that when I enter the 48 digit recovery key to unlock the drive nothing happens. No...
  8. Bitlocker Drive Encryption

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker Drive Encryption: I got 500 Gb drive , about 450 Gb of data I started the encryption process , it reached 58.7% and stuck there without a change since yesterday please advice. Thanks [ATTACH]...
  9. unlock drive using bitlocker - encryption key is lost

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unlock drive using bitlocker - encryption key is lost: Hi Sir, i use lock to use Bitlocker. when i use Bitlocker in windows10 but then i install windows 8 and i unloack my dirve this bitloacker give error . it says password is incorrect. and my encryption key is lost. please help. its very urgent...
  10. Unlock OS Drive Encrypted by BitLocker in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Unlock OS Drive Encrypted by BitLocker in Windows 10: How to: Unlock OS Drive Encrypted by BitLocker in Windows 10 How to Unlock an OS Drive Encrypted by BitLocker in Windows 10 [img] Information BitLocker Drive Encryption is a data protection feature that integrates with the operating system and addresses the threats of...