Windows 10: bitlocker drive wants to initialize on reboot after windows freeze

Discus and support bitlocker drive wants to initialize on reboot after windows freeze in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Sorry i changed ports and its ok 97543 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by xdarkmario, Nov 7, 2017.

1. bitlocker drive wants to initialize on reboot after windows freeze

Sorry i changed ports and its ok

:)

xdarkmario, Nov 7, 2017

2. Can't use BitLocker on Tablet to encrypt system drive C:

on my Tablet (TrekStor SurfTab Duo W1 WiFi) i upgraded Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro specially to be able to use BitLocker.

now it turns out, that BitLocker isn't able to encrypt my internal system drive C:

to me for an unknown reason.

i know, because the tablet doesn't have a permanent keyboard attached, BitLocker may see that as not fulfilling the minimum requirement.

but i can force to ask for a PIN via BitLocker policies.
    but BitLocker always give me that error message after a check:

"[Window Title]
    BitLocker Drive Encryption

[Main Instruction]
    BitLocker could not be enabled.

[Content]
    The data drive specified is not set to automatically unlock on the current computer and cannot be unlocked automatically.

C: was not encrypted.

[Close]

"

the strange thing is, if i force BitLocker to use a PIN and BitLocker starts to check the system, after a reboot i get the mask that ask me for the PIN as expected - so that part is working, but after login, i get again that error message.

and when i do the encryption of drive c: without let BitLocker check the system first, after a reboot, i'll get asked for the PIN - so far so good, but then after the it looks like Windows will boot as usual, windows boots into recovery mode and prepares the
    recovery decryption of drive C: and asking me for the long BitLocker recovery key.
    so, what the **** is going on. why isn't BitLocker working on that system drive on my Tablet?

system recovery is enabled and working,

TPM 2.0 is avtive and working - that's, what tpm.msc is telling.

the PIN is working as well, when i want to have a PIN.
    BitLocker can encrypt and unlock encrypted external drives and SD cards without any problems.

i only have trouble with system drive C:

any hints, how i can manage BitLocker encrypting my system drice C: ?

beta-tester, Nov 7, 2017
  3. Blu HD windows phone stuck on bitlocker recovery after an update

My brand new BLU HD windows Phone, prompted for an update *just* after the initial setup was complete and after that, its stuck on a blue screen saying: "BITLOCKER RECOVERY ...to recover this drive that has the bitlocker recovery key......."

How do I get it to work again?

mohitchand, Nov 7, 2017
Thema:

bitlocker drive wants to initialize on reboot after windows freeze

1. bitlocker drive wants to initialize on reboot after windows freeze - Similar Threads - bitlocker drive wants

2. External HDD (bitlocker enabled) appears as not initialized after restart from windows 10...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External HDD (bitlocker enabled) appears as not initialized after restart from windows 10...: Hello, I was working on my pc normally (window 10 x64), I restarted my pc, when I logged in, my external hard disk drive (western digital 4tb) which is bit-locker enabled didnt appear. I clicked on disk management, it tells me that the disk management it shows that the hard...
  3. Windows Insider Update freezes on "Working on Updates" after reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Insider Update freezes on "Working on Updates" after reboot: Hey there, I'm not sure if there's an extra section for Insider stuff, so I'll post it here. Anyway, my problem is that for the past week I've been trying to get the 19H1 Insider Fast Ring update to work, but when my PC reboots to install the update and gets to the "Working...
  4. Internal HDD asking to be initialized after reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal HDD asking to be initialized after reboot: I left my computer running for a few hours, came back, and tried to launch a program. It said the shortcut no longer existed. I opened my file browser to manually go to the app, but the drive it was installed on gave me an I/O error. I rebooted, thinking that would fix it....
  5. freezing and random reboots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    freezing and random reboots: hi I have had a problem since the creators update. the computer started random reboot for awhile then stopped . I had had bought a new game rome 2 and it was crashing and now I know it is not just the game but my computer is freezing just watching yutube videos or gaming....
  6. Freeze Reboot - Randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freeze Reboot - Randomly: My computer randomly reboot and I can't figure out why. It's running Windows 10. Can anybody check my loads to see what going on are if I have a bad driver? I upgrade all the drivers and still can't think of any problems. 62475
  7. Mapped drive disconnected after reboots

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapped drive disconnected after reboots: Since fall creators update I am seeing one of my mapped NAS drives always in a disconnected state after a reboot. It’s easily fixed by clicking the drive displaying the red x in explorer to establish the connection. But it seems strange that this has only started after fall...
  8. Windows 10 initializing and rebooting in loot, need help

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 initializing and rebooting in loot, need help: Hello everybody. I installed today a program and it comes with other programs that were not wished (probably my fault). Some seconds later, the computer showed the message "Malware found", opened the OneDrive by itself (??), and rebooted just about 15 seconds after...
  9. Windows 10 installation freezing after first reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation freezing after first reboot: I have recently been trying to upgrade to windows 10 on a used alienware aurora r3 pc. I got my reservation, checked the windows 10 app every day, and finally, I was ready to get the upgrade, but I'm having issues installing it. After windows update downloads everything and I...
  10. Random freeze and reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Random freeze and reboot: Hi , hope someone can help. Had a PC for a while, upgraded parts as and when necessary. Recently replaced my hard drives with an ssd and hard drive. Now when I install windows 10 it installs fine onto the ssd. Then I installed the gfx card drivers (nvidia 355). Seemed...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 2016 bitlocker disk corruption after reboot

2. the data drive specified is not set to automatically unlock on the current computer and cannot be unlocked automatically. I have no tpm