Windows 10: bitlocker drive wants to initialize on reboot after windows freeze

Discus and support bitlocker drive wants to initialize on reboot after windows freeze in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Sorry i changed ports and its ok 97543 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by xdarkmario, Nov 7, 2017.

1. bitlocker drive wants to initialize on reboot after windows freeze

Sorry i changed ports and its ok

:)

xdarkmario, Nov 7, 2017

2. Can't use BitLocker on Tablet to encrypt system drive C:

on my Tablet (TrekStor SurfTab Duo W1 WiFi) i upgraded Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro specially to be able to use BitLocker.

now it turns out, that BitLocker isn't able to encrypt my internal system drive C:

to me for an unknown reason.

i know, because the tablet doesn't have a permanent keyboard attached, BitLocker may see that as not fulfilling the minimum requirement.

but i can force to ask for a PIN via BitLocker policies.
    but BitLocker always give me that error message after a check:

"[Window Title]
    BitLocker Drive Encryption

[Main Instruction]
    BitLocker could not be enabled.

[Content]
    The data drive specified is not set to automatically unlock on the current computer and cannot be unlocked automatically.

C: was not encrypted.

[Close]

"

the strange thing is, if i force BitLocker to use a PIN and BitLocker starts to check the system, after a reboot i get the mask that ask me for the PIN as expected - so that part is working, but after login, i get again that error message.

and when i do the encryption of drive c: without let BitLocker check the system first, after a reboot, i'll get asked for the PIN - so far so good, but then after the it looks like Windows will boot as usual, windows boots into recovery mode and prepares the
    recovery decryption of drive C: and asking me for the long BitLocker recovery key.
    so, what the **** is going on. why isn't BitLocker working on that system drive on my Tablet?

system recovery is enabled and working,

TPM 2.0 is avtive and working - that's, what tpm.msc is telling.

the PIN is working as well, when i want to have a PIN.
    BitLocker can encrypt and unlock encrypted external drives and SD cards without any problems.

i only have trouble with system drive C:

any hints, how i can manage BitLocker encrypting my system drice C: ?

beta-tester, Nov 7, 2017
  3. Blu HD windows phone stuck on bitlocker recovery after an update

My brand new BLU HD windows Phone, prompted for an update *just* after the initial setup was complete and after that, its stuck on a blue screen saying: "BITLOCKER RECOVERY ...to recover this drive that has the bitlocker recovery key......."

How do I get it to work again?

mohitchand, Nov 7, 2017
Thema:

bitlocker drive wants to initialize on reboot after windows freeze

1. bitlocker drive wants to initialize on reboot after windows freeze - Similar Threads - bitlocker drive wants

2. CHKDSK and Reboot Wants BitLocker pw - STUCK!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHKDSK and Reboot Wants BitLocker pw - STUCK!: Bought a Crucial 2.5" SSD 1TB to replace the slow HHD 1TB Tried to clone the drive using Macrium Reflect free. It was all going well until errors occurred during the cloning process. I stopped the process and then started a chkdsk /f which I understood would find errors and...
  3. CHKDSK and Reboot Wants BitLocker pw - STUCK!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CHKDSK and Reboot Wants BitLocker pw - STUCK!: Bought a Crucial 2.5" SSD 1TB to replace the slow HHD 1TB Tried to clone the drive using Macrium Reflect free. It was all going well until errors occurred during the cloning process. I stopped the process and then started a chkdsk /f which I understood would find errors and...
  4. CHKDSK and Reboot Wants BitLocker pw - STUCK!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Freezing minutes after rebooting.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Freezing minutes after rebooting.: Hello, My Dell XPS 13 laptop was working a little bit slower than normal recently, and I saw that there was a couple of driver updates that needed to be completed so I clicked update and restart. However, it never restarted on its own. Eventually, I rebooted and it said...
  6. HDD drives are suddenly not initializing on reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD drives are suddenly not initializing on reboot: Close to a month ago I logged onto my computer (win10 pro) and found that 2 of my HDD drives had vanished from file explorer. Of course I panic, open up disk management and they are both not initialized. I spent about a week recovering 4tb of lost data. Initialized the disk...
  7. Bitlocker keeps locking secondary D: drive after every reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker keeps locking secondary D: drive after every reboot: I am having a very frustrating issue with windows 10, and thought I would see if anyone here could help. I have a 2018 Dell G5 15 gaming laptop, and the other night I swapped out the 250gb solid state C: drive with a 1TB samsung NVMe drive. Before the swap, I created a...
  8. Windows 10 freezes on initial startup after reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 freezes on initial startup after reinstalling Windows: I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro using the recovery partition on my HP laptop. On the first startup, it asks all the usual questions: setting the region and keyboard, setting up my user account, connecting to Wifi, etc. But it hangs on the final "Services" section of initial...
  9. Windows Update Freezing After 1st Reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Freezing After 1st Reboot: I've been having a really annoying problem recently. I am currently running Windows 10 Version 1809 which I installed back in February of 2019, one year ago. Since then, I have not been able to update Windows at all. Whenever I install an update, it'll restart at 30% like it...
  10. Internal HDD asking to be initialized after reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal HDD asking to be initialized after reboot: I left my computer running for a few hours, came back, and tried to launch a program. It said the shortcut no longer existed. I opened my file browser to manually go to the app, but the drive it was installed on gave me an I/O error. I rebooted, thinking that would fix it....
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker windows10 external initialize

2. windows 2016 bitlocker disk corruption after reboot

3. the data drive specified is not set to automatically unlock on the current computer and cannot be unlocked automatically. I have no tpm