Windows 10: BitLocker effect on performance ?

Discus and support BitLocker effect on performance ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have normal sata HDDs, usb3 drive, and 1 nvme , I want to ask if bitlocker will degrade performance if enabled ? I want to do this to protect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by William40, Apr 30, 2020.

1. William40 Win User

BitLocker effect on performance ?

Hi

I have normal sata HDDs, usb3 drive, and 1 nvme , I want to ask if bitlocker will degrade performance if enabled ?

I want to do this to protect my data and my accounts.

Thanks

:)

William40, Apr 30, 2020

2. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Ernie San Win User

Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

1. BitLocker effect on performance ? - Similar Threads - BitLocker effect performance

2. Does Windows 11 effect Outlook and Office performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows 11 effect Outlook and Office performance?: Since accidentally agreeing to upgrade to Windows 11 the laptop performance has diminished.The laptop is 2 years old and exceeds all Windows 11 requirements yet I am facing so many problems that I am going to have to reinstall Windows 10 and go through the incredible hassle...
  3. Effect of enabling BitLocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Effect of enabling BitLocker: I'm running a Windows 10 Home Dell Inspiron notebook PC.In checking services.msc, I've noticed that BitLocker is disabled. Of course, I don't recall doing anything to turn it off.What would happen if BitLocker was re-enabled. Would there be any performance changes?...
  4. Effect of enabling BitLocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Effect of enabling BitLocker: I'm running a Windows 10 Home Dell Inspiron notebook PC.In checking services.msc, I've noticed that BitLocker is disabled. Of course, I don't recall doing anything to turn it off.What would happen if BitLocker was re-enabled. Would there be any performance changes?...
  5. Effect of enabling BitLocker

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Hardware error - But it has no effect on system performance.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hardware error - But it has no effect on system performance.: hello. What is the cause of this error?I saw this error several times But it has no effect on system performance. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardware-error/b60fad1a-5062-4b3a-906e-f0ec1770dd34
  7. BitLocker effect on performance ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker effect on performance ?: Hi I have normal sata HDDs, usb3 drive, and 1 nvme , I want to ask if bitlocker will degrade performance if enabled ? I want to do this to protect my data and my accounts. Thanks 155427
  8. Effectiveness Bitlocker with just a password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Effectiveness Bitlocker with just a password: Hi I have laptops without a TPM chip, now I can edit the local GP and allow BitLocker without TPM. I can then set a password to unlock the OS volume. My question is how secure is it compared to BitLocker with a TPM chip...
  9. bitlocker performance penalty question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bitlocker performance penalty question: I'm thinking about using bitlocker on my PC but I'm worried about an impact on performance. I'm using a Samsung Book2 which has a Snapdragon 850 processor, not Intel, 4gB of RAM and runs Windows 10S, yes the "S" version. Not sure if I'll see a significant decrease in...
  10. Best Performance for Visual Effects .reg file??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best Performance for Visual Effects .reg file??: Is it possible to make a .reg file to optimize my visual effects for best performance for all users that sign into one PC? I want to do this because we have many people who sign into the PC via our Active Directory through the network. If I can get a .reg file that just...