Windows 10: Bitlocker - Enabling Recovery Key -

Discus and support Bitlocker - Enabling Recovery Key - in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear Sir/Madam, Last Monday I was having problems with probably the BIOS start-up system. This activated the Bitlocker security system. In the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Leendertvan den Berg, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Bitlocker - Enabling Recovery Key -

Dear Sir/Madam, Last Monday I was having problems with probably the BIOS start-up system. This activated the Bitlocker security system. In the following step I tried to log into my Online Microsoft Account to enable the 'Recovery Key'. But during this step Microsoft didn't recognise directly my English phone number so I did not receive the 4-digit code by an automatic message. I had to insert my English phone number again and after that I wasn't able to see the recovery key inside my account because of security reasons. I can access this after 24/03/2021. After a chat with the helpdesk they advised me to fill in a request where the holding period would gone after a validation of the account. Because of that I would like to ask if this is possible and if you could help me with reducing/withdrawing the holding period so I will be able to see the 'recovery key' to enable bitlocker. Thanks in advance. Leendert van den Berg

Above message has been reported as 'abuse' by CDOC Case Management *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. So that's the reason why I post it on this medium. If there is anyone with a smart solution other than: be patient and wait until 24/03/2021 I would like to hear it from you!

Thanks in advance.

:)

Leendertvan den Berg, Feb 24, 2021

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Bitlocker - Enabling Recovery Key -

BitLocker won't enable on Windows 10 after update on Aug 9

Hi Brenda,

I would be happy to assist you.

Before I assist you I would like to know the information below,

• Do you have a Windows 10 copy of the operating system?

I suggest you check whether the Bit locker is ON or OFF using the steps below.

Can you verify if BitLocker is enabled or disabled on your device? You can Enable/disable BitLocker by going to Desktop and follow these steps:

• Swipe Right to Left to bring up the Charm.

• Choose Settings.

• Choose Control Panel.

• Select BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Verify whether BitLocker is on or off on each device.
    Also I suggest you to enable the WinRE so that you can enter the bit locker key and proceed.

When WinRE is disabled, you cannot enable BitLocker, and you receive an error message that resembles the following.

This PC doesn't support entering a BitLocker recovery password during startup. Ask your administrator to configure Windows Recovery Environment so that you can use BitLocker.

The solution would be to manually enable the windows recovery environment:

• Copying the winre.wim file from c:\windows\system32\recovery\ to a folder on a recovery partition. (The partition need to have a drive letter at this point.)

• Set the RE Image path. Example: reagentc /setreimage /path r:\recovery\windowsre

• Enable RE with command: reagentc /enable

• (You may remove the drive letter for the recovery partition after you have done this.)

• Bit locker will be enabled.
    If the issue still persists, suggest you to post your query on the below link.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831507(v=ws.11).aspx

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

Bitlocker - Enabling Recovery Key -

1. Bitlocker - Enabling Recovery Key - - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Enabling Recovery

2. Bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery key: We have turned our laptop on today and it is asking for the Bitlocker recovery key, we do not have this recovery key and we have checked our Microsoft account, after checking on the internet it seems there is no way to get past this screen without the relevant key, as this is...
  3. BitLocker Key Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BitLocker Key Recovery: Hi guys, I'm desperate, I need to recover my computer, I did not know it was encoded with bitlocker, forget the password and I can not access my data because the computer is locked.Here is my recovery id.FF4CFEB2-391D-4564-B3CD-873E2C77OE05Please can you help me guys....
  4. bitlocker recovery key

bitlocker recovery key: I am using lenovo G-50-80 with windows 10 . Recently i am unable to unlock one of my drive protected with Bitlocker. The problem is the recovery key is saved in that lock drive by mistake. I tried each and everything to find out . Kindly please help me out to unlock my drive...
  5. bitlocker recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker recovery key: I am using lenovo G-50-80 with windows 10 . Recently i am unable to unlock one of my drive protected with Bitlocker. The problem is the recovery key is saved in that lock drive by mistake. I tried each and everything to find out . Kindly please help me out to unlock my drive...
  6. BitLocker recovery key

BitLocker recovery key: I was trying to switch back to windows 10 from 11 and now it is prompting me for a bitlocker recovery key, does anyone know how to get this? When I go to my microsoft account and search devices it tells me I am at the wrong URL?...
  7. BitLocker Recovery Key on a machine with BitLocker enabled automatically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Recovery Key on a machine with BitLocker enabled automatically: May you please assist. We have recently noted that most of our new purchased computers in my organisation have BitLocker enabled automatically when the machine is setup. Users are are not aware that they have BitLocker since BitLocker seems not to have been setup to require...
  8. Bitlocker recovery key

Bitlocker recovery key: Kindly help me in getting my bitlocker recovery key as i forgot the password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key/a2c562b4-ba74-4d9b-8caa-bd6043d07cd7
  9. Bitlocker key or recovery key

Bitlocker key or recovery key: Help, i turned off my Dell computer a few hours later after a update i tried to reboot my compter but its asking for a bitlocker key or recovery key. I spent 2.5 hours on the phone with Dell support than microsoft support to no avail. They are both blaming the other while im...
  10. Recovery key after disalbe and enable BitLocker

Recovery key after disalbe and enable BitLocker: Is recovery key of BitLocker going to be changed if you turn off BitLocker then turn on BitLocker again? I got error during manual windows update on my Windows 10 box, and I am thinking it may be because of BitLocker because I found BitLocker got suspended after windows...