Windows 10: Bitlocker encrypted corrupt usb drive.

Discus and support Bitlocker encrypted corrupt usb drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a seagate usb 3 external hard drive. it has been bitlocker encrypted. It has also been damaged in some way. When I boot my machine with legacy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Patriq, May 14, 2019.

1. Patriq Win User

Bitlocker encrypted corrupt usb drive.

I have a seagate usb 3 external hard drive. it has been bitlocker encrypted. It has also been damaged in some way.

When I boot my machine with legacy setup in the bios most usb drives show up (flash drive and another external usb 3 drive). The problem drive is not showing up.

When I let the machine boot under uefi/Windows 10 sees the drive but it has three partitions. One shows as RAW but healthy and active. It also shows 2 unallocated drives. This drive was always just one drive.

When I run the diagnostics from Seagate (it is a seagate drive) it says it is fine.

When I try to access the drive in windows it asks if I want to format the drive before I can use it.

I have lots on the drive. I don't know what happened. I shut the system down for a while and when I plugged everything back in it didn't work.

So...I am assuming I can't just recover files because it is encrypted. So how do I get the files and get them unencrypted?

Help!

:)

Patriq, May 14, 2019

2. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee424315(v=ws.10).aspx

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, May 14, 2019
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Bitlocker USB

Hi, Margaret.

BitLocker requires you to have a USB key in able to access the information. You can create a USB key by using a blank thumb drive or USB drive formatted to NTFS OR FAT32 and follow these steps:

• Click Start and go to Control Panel.
    • Look for System and Security then click it.
    • Select BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Under BitLocker Drive Encryption, click Turn on BitLocker.
    • Choose how you want to unlock your drive during startup: Insert a USB flash drive or
      Enter a Password and then click Next.
    • On the How Do You Want To Store Your Recovery Key Page, click Save the Recovery Key To A File.
    • In the Save BitLocker Recovery Key As dialog box, choose a save location, and then click
      Save.
    • You can now print the recovery key if you want to. When you have finished, click
      Next.
    • On the Are You Ready To Encrypt This Drive page, click Start Encrypting.

Note: Do not remove the USB flash drive until the encryption process is complete. How long the encryption process takes depends on the size of the drive and other factors.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, May 14, 2019
  4. Bitlocker encrypted corrupt usb drive.

Broken USB Stick (Bitlocker Encrypted, Unformatted drive)

A Sandisk USB stick of mine has become broken when word crashed when I was using it one day. All Files on this device are Bitlocker Encrypted.

When trying to use the USB stick normally:

• the password for Bitlocker is requested,
    • once entered, attempting to access the drive brings up that it is unformatted and requires formatting. However formatting the drive will apparently clear the drive of all data on it.

The data recovery software I'm trying to access the files with is:

MiniTool Power Data Recovery Free Edition v7.0

I have also attempted removing bit locker from the drive, however this produces error code:

0x80070015

When command prompting:

manage-bde -off E:

IanClark_908, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker encrypted corrupt usb drive.

1. Bitlocker encrypted corrupt usb drive. - Similar Threads - Bitlocker encrypted corrupt

2. Can't Encrypt USB Drive with Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Encrypt USB Drive with Bitlocker: Hi - I have a new HP laptop that came with Windows 11 Home. I upgraded it to Windows 11 Pro, because I want to use BitLocker. I was able to turn on BitLocker on the C drive. However, when I try to encrypt a USB drive with BitLocker, I receive an error saying: "Starting...
  3. Can't Encrypt USB Drive with Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Encrypt USB Drive with Bitlocker: Hi - I have a new HP laptop that came with Windows 11 Home. I upgraded it to Windows 11 Pro, because I want to use BitLocker. I was able to turn on BitLocker on the C drive. However, when I try to encrypt a USB drive with BitLocker, I receive an error saying: "Starting...
  4. Bitlocker drive encryption interrupted, USB inaccessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker drive encryption interrupted, USB inaccessible: Hi guys, I was encrypting a USB drive with bitlocker when the encryption was interrupted halfway. Now the drive is inaccessible and cannot even be formatted. Is there any way to reformat it or recover it ?Thanks...
  5. Bitlocker drive encryption interrupted, USB inaccessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker drive encryption interrupted, USB inaccessible: Hi guys, I was encrypting a USB drive with bitlocker when the encryption was interrupted halfway. Now the drive is inaccessible and cannot even be formatted. Is there any way to reformat it or recover it ?Thanks...
  6. BitLocker encryption on USB flash drives?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker encryption on USB flash drives?: I just got myself a 64gb USB flash stick drive and would like to encrypt it with BitLocker encrypting the ENTIRE drive which is the way I prefer it to be. Is it safe to just encrypt the USB stick BEFORE adding data to it? Or, will it also be fine to add the data first and...
  7. Bitlocker Drive Encryption

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Drive Encryption: I started to decrypt an external hard drive that I got from Seagate with my recovered files on it. Too late they contacted me and said that they didn't recommend my decrypting it but if I started it I needed to let it finish. They told me that I had to turn to MS to get...
  8. BitLocker Encrypted Drive

BitLocker Encrypted Drive: Hi Microsoft! I purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad that ran a Windows 10 OS. Unfortunately, the OS has been corrupted and that left me unable to access my work files on the SSD Drive. The laptop vendor had enabled the bitlocker on the drive, however, I had no copy of the recovery...
  9. Bitlocker Drive Encryption

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker Drive Encryption: I got 500 Gb drive , about 450 Gb of data I started the encryption process , it reached 58.7% and stuck there without a change since yesterday please advice. Thanks [ATTACH]...
  10. Bitlocker: Encrypted USB no access

Bitlocker: Encrypted USB no access: Hello, I have a usb that has been encrypted using bitlocker, I can connect this usb to my desktop and I can input the password and access the usb. However on my laptop and other computers, when I plug in the usb I do not get the prompt to input my password and instead just...