Windows 10: Bitlocker encrypted disk is not readable after unblock.

Discus and support Bitlocker encrypted disk is not readable after unblock. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Community, I have an USB bitlocker encrypted disk that after writing the password or recovery key does not get readable. Once I write the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Krli To, Apr 2, 2023.

1. Krli To Win User

Bitlocker encrypted disk is not readable after unblock.

Hi Community, I have an USB bitlocker encrypted disk that after writing the password or recovery key does not get readable. Once I write the key/password, it takes around 15 mins to be "unlocked" which is not normal, and then I can´t read inside the disk, does not matter if I use Windows Explorer or PowerShell. Both options take some minutes blocking the application WExp or PS and finally, it does nothing or in PS shows this errorBitlocker encrypted disk is not readable after unblock. :pS C:\WINDOWS\system32> h: Set-Location : Cannot find drive. A drive with the name 'H' does not exist. At line:1 char:1 + Set-Location $MyInvocation.MyCommand.N

:)

Krli To, Apr 2, 2023

2. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 2, 2023
  3. Bitlocker Drive Encryption(Not Responding) at 84.5%

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are trying to encrypt the complete hard drive with BitLocker Drive Encryption and now it’s not responding as well.

We would suggest you to refer this
    BitLocker: Use BitLocker Drive Encryption Tools to manage BitLocker
    article and check manage-bde section, if that helps to make the changes.

However, for further queries we would suggest you to post your query in

TechNet
    forums, where we have experts and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on BitLocker to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 2, 2023
  4. Bitlocker encrypted disk is not readable after unblock.

Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Apr 2, 2023
Thema:

Bitlocker encrypted disk is not readable after unblock.

1. Bitlocker encrypted disk is not readable after unblock. - Similar Threads - Bitlocker encrypted disk

2. Bitlocker encrypted disk is not readable after unblock.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker encrypted disk is not readable after unblock.: Hi Community, I have an USB bitlocker encrypted disk that after writing the password or recovery key does not get readable. Once I write the key/password, it takes around 15 mins to be "unlocked" which is not normal, and then I can´t read inside the disk, does not matter if I...
  3. Bitlocker encrypted disk is not readable after unblock.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker encrypted disk is not readable after unblock.: Hi Community, I have an USB bitlocker encrypted disk that after writing the password or recovery key does not get readable. Once I write the key/password, it takes around 15 mins to be "unlocked" which is not normal, and then I can´t read inside the disk, does not matter if I...
  4. Bitlocker encrypted disk suddenly disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker encrypted disk suddenly disappeared: Hello microsoft community,i've navigating through google in the past 4 days searching for a similar situations for my case but got no luck finding any..The problem happened after trying to recover some data using a cmd based recovery program called test disk, i wasn't able to...
  5. Bitlocker encrypted disk suddenly disappeared

Bitlocker encrypted disk suddenly disappeared: Hello microsoft community,i've navigating through google in the past 4 days searching for a similar situations for my case but got no luck finding any..The problem happened after trying to recover some data using a cmd based recovery program called test disk, i wasn't able to...
  6. Bitlocker encrypted USB install disk.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker encrypted USB install disk.: Is it possible to encrypt a USB stick with Bitlocker and use it for windows installation?I tried it, but my system cannot detect the boot volume.When it's possible, what are the requirements for that?Thanks in advanceGeorg...
  7. Bitlocker encrypted USB install disk.

Bitlocker encrypted USB install disk.: Is it possible to encrypt a USB stick with Bitlocker and use it for windows installation?I tried it, but my system cannot detect the boot volume.When it's possible, what are the requirements for that?Thanks in advanceGeorg...
  8. Bitlocker encrypted USB install disk.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Cannot decrypt the disk encrypted by BitLocker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot decrypt the disk encrypted by BitLocker: While I was decrypting my disk that I had encrypted using BitLocker, the laptop suddenly shutdown and then I lost access to the disk. The system isn’t accepting my correct password and code. Windows 10 requires for credentials, thinks for a while and then closes without...
  10. BitLocker Used Disk Space Only Encrypted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Used Disk Space Only Encrypted: I have been using my laptop for a while, but no sensitive data stored on it yet and I just enabled Bitlocker with the Used Space option to save time. The files that were deleted are NOT sensitive. A few questions here. 1. When I decide to reinstall Windows 10 again on...