Windows 10: bitlocker encrypted drive not opening with password or recovery key

Discus and support bitlocker encrypted drive not opening with password or recovery key in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Password and recovery key are correct. Do I have any options?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KD8PQ, Mar 24, 2022.

1. KD8PQ Win User

bitlocker encrypted drive not opening with password or recovery key

Password and recovery key are correct. Do I have any options?

:)

KD8PQ, Mar 24, 2022

2. Bitlocker Drive Encryption

Recently I was attempting to encrypt my drive with bitlocker because windows was suggesting to encrypt them via the security page when logging into my account. Though, when I do attempt to encrypt them with bitlocker it states that my drive is already
    encrypted via bitlocker. I was wondering if there was a different way that it needs to be set up because I was hoping to add the extra layer of security to my drives with bitlocker encryption and password protecting them via a recovery key.

User1234567_953, Mar 24, 2022
  3. Suman_B Win User

BitLocker encrypted drive not unlocking with recovery key

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand you are not able to unlock the encrypted drive with recovery key on the Windows 10 PC, you may want to refer to this article to check if that helps.

BitLocker recovery guide.

However, as the issue is with the BitLocker encryption. I would suggest you to post your query in the
    TechNet,
    where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on BitLocker issues to assist you with your query.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Mar 24, 2022
Thema:

1. bitlocker encrypted drive not opening with password or recovery key - Similar Threads - bitlocker encrypted drive

2. bitlocker encrypted drive not opening with password or recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker encrypted drive not opening with password or recovery key: Password and recovery key are correct. Do I have any options? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-encrypted-drive-not-opening-with/ce12de0f-e3c9-41f8-a737-1428cc4de9cb
  3. bitlocker encrypted drive not opening with password or recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker encrypted drive not opening with password or recovery key: Password and recovery key are correct. Do I have any options? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-encrypted-drive-not-opening-with/ce12de0f-e3c9-41f8-a737-1428cc4de9cb
  4. identifier value for BitLocker Drive Encryption recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    identifier value for BitLocker Drive Encryption recovery key: Ok, so I'm an everyday user of my laptop who has a low to moderate understanding of some of the back end processes.I have a piece of software that is not responding and the developer has told me "You likely have some software on your computer intefering with xxx. Try...
  5. BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery Key

BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery Key: I purchased a second hand HP ProDesk PC and supplier replaced original SSD with new larger capacity. BitLocker was and remains turned on. I wasn't aware until I spent some time updating Win10 Pro and downloading some programs and data.Via Control Panel > BitLocker Drive...
  6. Lost password and recovery key for a pin drive locked with bitlocker encryption

Lost password and recovery key for a pin drive locked with bitlocker encryption: Dear community members, I have pin-drive USB flash protected by windows bitlocker. i didn't use the drive for sometime and forgot the password and lost the recovery key. Grateful if someone could please help me with resolving this issue. Thanks you so much in advance for...
  7. Bitlocker encryption key recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker encryption key recovery: My Dell windows 10 laptop is acting up. Won't finish booting up.. Try to run clean disk and keep getting asked for my bit locker encryption key... I've never set this up machine bought new in a store. Help! Please... Steve...
  8. BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery Key

BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery Key: On Windows 10, I'm trying to set up a Bitlock Recovery Key and I accepted the Print option. On the print out I am being asked to compare the start of the identifier on the print out with the identifier on my computer to see if it matches. Where on the computer would I find...
  9. BitLocker encrypted drive not unlocking with recovery key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BitLocker encrypted drive not unlocking with recovery key: I encrypted an external hard drive a while ago and have since forgotten the password. I have the 48 digit recovery key saved to my computer as a notepad document. The problem I am having is that when I enter the 48 digit recovery key to unlock the drive nothing happens. No...
  10. Laptop recovery with no admin password and encrypted bitlocker drive with no recoevery key.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop recovery with no admin password and encrypted bitlocker drive with no recoevery key.: A disgruntled former employee gave himself full admin rights on his work laptop (Dell Latitude), disabled other user accounts, and encrypted C Drive with BitLocker. No passwords or recovery keys are known. I am so far unable to do anything on laptop without admin password...