Windows 10: Bitlocker: Encrypted USB no access

Discus and support Bitlocker: Encrypted USB no access in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I have a usb that has been encrypted using bitlocker, I can connect this usb to my desktop and I can input the password and access the usb.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Raybrand, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Raybrand Win User

Bitlocker: Encrypted USB no access

Hello, I have a usb that has been encrypted using bitlocker, I can connect this usb to my desktop and I can input the password and access the usb. However on my laptop and other computers, when I plug in the usb I do not get the prompt to input my password and instead just says that the drive is inaccessible. Both my laptop and my desktop are windows 10 and I have admin rights on both machines. On both machines I have not used bitlocker, can someone help explain how I can access my usb on normal machines and can someone explain how I can open my usb on my desktop but not my laptop?

:)

Raybrand, Mar 5, 2016

2. Access Bitlocker-encrypted USB-drive on Windows 10 home

I am using a desktop computer with Windows 10 pro. I have my important data "to go" on a USB-drive which I encrypted using Bitlocker. This drive I can also access on my Notebook which runs Windows 7 (after having entered the password to unlock the USB-drive).

Now I am thinking to buy a new notebook which will be delivered with Windows 10 home. Will I still be able to access my Bitlocker-encrypted USB-drive on the new notebook (Windows 10 home)? I need to read and write data on this drive.

Burghard.E, Mar 5, 2016
  3. RNH98027 Win User
    Windows update applied on 8/29 seems to have removed my access to bitlocker drives

Windows update applied on 8/29 seems to have removed my access to bitlocker drives. Specifically, a bitlocker encrypted partition and any USB drives that I have bitlocked. When I right click on the drive icon, there no longer is a command to allow entering
    the bitlocked drive password. Please provide instructions on how to regain bitlocker functionality. I confirmed that I am running Windows 10 Pro.

RNH98027, Mar 5, 2016
  4. Bitlocker: Encrypted USB no access

garydexter, Mar 6, 2016
  5. Raybrand Win User
    Raybrand, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Bitlocker: Encrypted USB no access

1. Bitlocker: Encrypted USB no access - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Encrypted USB

2. Bitlocker encrypted USB destroys laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker encrypted USB destroys laptops: I've recently run across one of the strangest issues I've seen and I don't have any explanation for it.For background, at our org, we force Bitlocker encryption on all external USBs when writing files. We also Bitlocker encrypt all internal disks on our deployed laptops as...
  3. Can't Encrypt USB Drive with Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Encrypt USB Drive with Bitlocker: Hi - I have a new HP laptop that came with Windows 11 Home. I upgraded it to Windows 11 Pro, because I want to use BitLocker. I was able to turn on BitLocker on the C drive. However, when I try to encrypt a USB drive with BitLocker, I receive an error saying: "Starting...
  4. Bitlocker encrypted USB install disk.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker encrypted USB install disk.: Is it possible to encrypt a USB stick with Bitlocker and use it for windows installation?I tried it, but my system cannot detect the boot volume.When it's possible, what are the requirements for that?Thanks in advanceGeorg...
  5. Bitlocker encrypted USB install disk.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker encrypted USB install disk.: Is it possible to encrypt a USB stick with Bitlocker and use it for windows installation?I tried it, but my system cannot detect the boot volume.When it's possible, what are the requirements for that?Thanks in advanceGeorg...
  6. Bitlocker encrypted USB install disk.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. BitLocker encryption on USB flash drives?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker encryption on USB flash drives?: I just got myself a 64gb USB flash stick drive and would like to encrypt it with BitLocker encrypting the ENTIRE drive which is the way I prefer it to be. Is it safe to just encrypt the USB stick BEFORE adding data to it? Or, will it also be fine to add the data first and...
  8. Unable to access BitLocker encrypted drive

Unable to access BitLocker encrypted drive: I add bitlocker to one off my drive after window it cant open with the password and even with the bitlocker recovery key . ***Original title: Bitlocker***...
  9. Not able to access Bitlocker encrypted USB Drive2TB

Not able to access Bitlocker encrypted USB Drive2TB: Dear Experts, Have successfully encrypted my 2TB USB drive and have used regularly for more than 1 month. However, i accidentally removed USB drive without "Safely ejecting". After that i am not able to access my USB drive. After connecting to same laptop where it was...
  10. Accessing Bitlocker Drive Encryption menu

Accessing Bitlocker Drive Encryption menu: Although I'm an Admin on my Win 10 Pro system (Surface Laptop), I can't access the subject menu. Instead, I receive the SysAdmin notice, as in the screenshot. This seems like a new "feature," as I could access it from my previous Win 10 Surface. I suppose that I could make...
Tags: