Windows 10: Bitlocker encrypting secondary hard drive after switching boot SSD.

Discus and support Bitlocker encrypting secondary hard drive after switching boot SSD. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I swapped out to a larger boot drive as Windows filled most the 100 GB up and I copied my OS and data on the C: drive using Marcium Reflect. After the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesMamsy, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Bitlocker encrypting secondary hard drive after switching boot SSD.

I swapped out to a larger boot drive as Windows filled most the 100 GB up and I copied my OS and data on the C: drive using Marcium Reflect. After the swap, every time I boot my D: drive is locked behind bitlocker and I need to enter my key. A little annoying in itself , but it's causing a lot of issues in applications not being able to see the drive after unlock. Even though the files and applications are available.

Dell G750 Laptop

Windows 1903 OS Build 18262.778

Not sure what other relevant info I can provide but I can provide it need be. Thank you for any assistance.

P.S Not sure which catagory to place this in, if it fits better elsewhere do tell.

:)

JamesMamsy, Jan 5, 2021

2. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Bitlocker Drive Encryption(Not Responding) at 84.5%

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are trying to encrypt the complete hard drive with BitLocker Drive Encryption and now it’s not responding as well.

We would suggest you to refer this
    BitLocker: Use BitLocker Drive Encryption Tools to manage BitLocker
    article and check manage-bde section, if that helps to make the changes.

However, for further queries we would suggest you to post your query in

TechNet
    forums, where we have experts and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on BitLocker to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Bitlocker encrypting secondary hard drive after switching boot SSD.

Bitlocker Drive Encryption

Recently I was attempting to encrypt my drive with bitlocker because windows was suggesting to encrypt them via the security page when logging into my account. Though, when I do attempt to encrypt them with bitlocker it states that my drive is already
    encrypted via bitlocker. I was wondering if there was a different way that it needs to be set up because I was hoping to add the extra layer of security to my drives with bitlocker encryption and password protecting them via a recovery key.

User1234567_953, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Bitlocker encrypting secondary hard drive after switching boot SSD.

1. Bitlocker encrypting secondary hard drive after switching boot SSD. - Similar Threads - Bitlocker encrypting secondary

2. Bitlocker on secondary drive after installing new drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker on secondary drive after installing new drive: I had my main hdd lock up and when I restarted it went to repair pc which it could not do. When I go into the advance options I have been able to use the recovery key to turn off the drive but it still will not let me repair the start up. So I went ahead and installed the new...
  3. Bitlocker on secondary drive after installing new drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker on secondary drive after installing new drive: I had my main hdd lock up and when I restarted it went to repair pc which it could not do. When I go into the advance options I have been able to use the recovery key to turn off the drive but it still will not let me repair the start up. So I went ahead and installed the new...
  4. BitLocker cannot encrypt secondary fixed drive

BitLocker cannot encrypt secondary fixed drive: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T480 with two NVMe SSDs. Both have been encrypted with BitLocker for years.Recently I had to send the laptop for repairs and they replaced the motherboard and reset the device and thus the drives. Once I got it back, I restored the drives from my...
  5. BitLocker cannot encrypt secondary fixed drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker cannot encrypt secondary fixed drive: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T480 with two NVMe SSDs. Both have been encrypted with BitLocker for years.Recently I had to send the laptop for repairs and they replaced the motherboard and reset the device and thus the drives. Once I got it back, I restored the drives from my...
  6. BitLocker cannot encrypt secondary fixed drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. BitLocker encryption on Internal SSD drives?

BitLocker encryption on Internal SSD drives?: I always enable BitLocker so that the ENTIRE SSD DRIVE is encrypted. My question is, does it really matter if I turn on BitLocker encryption before or after adding my data onto the Internal SSD drive of my laptop? I also use TPM with pre-boot PIN. 177028
  8. How to unlock hard drive encrypted with BitLocker

How to unlock hard drive encrypted with BitLocker: I don’t remember the password and cannot unlock the hard drive. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-hard-drive-encrypted-with-bitlocker/08678428-f8fd-436f-9512-81369fef0fab
  9. Issues while accessing External Hard Drive after encrypting it with Bitlocker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues while accessing External Hard Drive after encrypting it with Bitlocker: So I had tried to encrypt my drive with bitlocker and its was a while ago but then I tried to decrypt it as It was taking a long time and the drive got disconnected and the decryption was disrupted and then it took time to load up the password page and It said the correct...
  10. Unable to access hard drive after encrypting it using Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to access hard drive after encrypting it using Bitlocker: Hi, I attached a removable hard drive with my office laptop. I mistakenly choose to bitlocker encryption. Bitlocker started encryption and stopped at 76%. After waiting for long time I removed it from laptop. After that I tried to read the data using my office laptop and home...