Windows 10: Bitlocker encrypting stopped halfway and now faced with Incompatible Version error

Discus and support Bitlocker encrypting stopped halfway and now faced with Incompatible Version error in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10 pro (1909) I've enabled full bitlocker (new encryption mode) on a few drives and it all went successfully with no problems except one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yipiyaya, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Bitlocker encrypting stopped halfway and now faced with Incompatible Version error

Windows 10 pro (1909)

I've enabled full bitlocker (new encryption mode) on a few drives and it all went successfully with no problems except one drive. It stopped halfway on its own and was locked E:.

When I tried unlocking it through control panel/right click drive it shows that "The BitLocker Encryption On This Drive Isn’t Compatible With Your Version Of Windows" error.

Next I tried unlocking it through CMD with -password and -recoverypassword and it prompts "ERROR: The password failed to unlock volume E:". I'm sure the both password and recovery pass is correct.

Did a pc restart and windows did a drive check on one of the drives. Not the problematic E: and the problem still persists.

CMD manage-bde -status command shows:

Size: Unknown GB

BitLocker Version: None

Conversion Status: Unknown

Percentage Encrypted: Unknown%

ERROR: An error occurred (code 0x80070057):

The parameter is incorrect.

I've tried a software M3 Bitlocker Data Recovery Software (trial) and was able to access the drive with the password. Folders and files are correct.

What other methods can i try to unlock this drive ?

submitted by /u/yipiyaya
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/yipiyaya, Sep 19, 2020

2. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 19, 2020
  4. IoanRad Win User

Bitlocker encrypting stopped halfway and now faced with Incompatible Version error

BitLocker encryption is not compatible with the version of Windows

Original Title: bitlocker compatibility error

I have two partitions encrypted with BitLocker. One is OK and the other at opening gives me the message that BitLocker encryption is not compatible with the version of Windows that you have and try to open it with a newer version of Windows. Now I have Windows
    10 pro. What can I do? I badly need the informations on that drive.

IoanRad, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker encrypting stopped halfway and now faced with Incompatible Version error

1. Bitlocker encrypting stopped halfway and now faced with Incompatible Version error - Similar Threads - Bitlocker encrypting stopped

2. Bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with the version

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with the version: from two days ago, my computer did an update after the restart i found many files do not open inside the encrypted partition by Bitlloker ... I opened it from another PC and the same thing some files openeing some files does not openI turned off the partation encryption ,...
  3. Bitlocker encryption error

Bitlocker encryption error: I was trying to turn on encryption on my thumbdrive. I had to pause the encryption midway.Now when I look at my thumdrive, the files are all in a mess.How do I retrieve them?I have looked up forums and tried going to CMD with administrator rights and running:repair-bde D: E:...
  4. Bitlocker Encryption Error

Bitlocker Encryption Error: I have recieved my laptop from my university almost 2 years ago , At that time i was running Windows 10 Pro education on it , I have encrypted my both drives using Bitlocker tool ...Windows is causing some problems , now almost one month ago , i have installed a new copy of...
  5. Facing issue when enable bitlocker encryption

in Windows 10 Customization
    Facing issue when enable bitlocker encryption: Hi, When I try to enable Bitlocker encryption showing error "This device can't use a Trusted Platform Module". Your administrator must set the "Allow Bitlocker without a compatible TPM". Please find the below snap. [ATTACH] My LaptopLenovo ThinkPad E460, TYPE:20ETA004SG...
  6. Bitlocker Encryption Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker Encryption Error: Hello there I have a external seagate usb hardisk drive which have 1TB storage space. The thing is i enabled bitlocker encryption on it and it was working perfectly, about two days ago i got the error that the disk structure is croupted and its not accessible anymore....
  7. Bitlocker encryption not compatible with this version of windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker encryption not compatible with this version of windows: Hi, I am having a problem with my USB drive that I decided to protect with Bitlocker. The encryption was successful from 0 to 100%. Right after 2 minutes of completion of my encryption, when I tried to open my USB drive it says "BitLocker encryption not compatible with your...
  8. Is it normal that BitLocker Drive Encryption stops automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it normal that BitLocker Drive Encryption stops automatically: The BitLocker Drive Encryption service on my windows stops by itself after some days, and each time I have to start its process as for it to run again. I want to know if that is a normal situation? Or even, should I panic? Because it is an important service. Thanks in...
  9. Bitlocker drive encryption error

Bitlocker drive encryption error: i just manully updated my laptop and after update it says your bitlocker recovery key cannot save to your microsoft account. please tell the remedy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-drive-encryption-error/9060cb05-89b9-4e4c-ad1c-57944b88ad6b"
  10. New BitLocker Encryption Settings in version 1511?

New BitLocker Encryption Settings in version 1511?: Hi, I have Win 10 Pro and I set the Encryption method in Group Policy as being XTS-AES 256 instead of the default XTS-AES 128. Is XTS-AES 256 more secure than XTS-AES 128? https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...(v=vs.85).aspx 43661