Windows 10: Bitlocker Encryption Key located on wrong Microsoft account.

Discus and support Bitlocker Encryption Key located on wrong Microsoft account. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just today, due to a system change I made on my Surface Pro 3, I learned that my bitlocker encryption key is stored in the wrong place. It's somehow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LenoraJackson, Dec 11, 2021.

1. Bitlocker Encryption Key located on wrong Microsoft account.

Just today, due to a system change I made on my Surface Pro 3, I learned that my bitlocker encryption key is stored in the wrong place. It's somehow stored on "account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com" connected to my work email. It should be located on my personal Microsoft account page, not my work page though. I'm not 100% certain how this happened. But, I do need to move it over to my personal email not my work email. Has anyone here had experience with this, or know how I might move this bitlocker key information away form that active directory account and over to my non-work related M

:)

LenoraJackson, Dec 11, 2021

2. where to find bitlocker key?

The BitLocker key is in one of the three places that the program suggested to you:

• In a folder of your choice.
    • Jotted down on a piece of paper.
    • In your Microsoft account (if you have one).
    Which one did you select at the time of encryption?

Did you create a backup of your data?

Frederik Long, Dec 11, 2021
  3. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 11, 2021
  4. Bitlocker Encryption Key located on wrong Microsoft account.

Bitlocker Drive Encryption

Recently I was attempting to encrypt my drive with bitlocker because windows was suggesting to encrypt them via the security page when logging into my account. Though, when I do attempt to encrypt them with bitlocker it states that my drive is already
    encrypted via bitlocker. I was wondering if there was a different way that it needs to be set up because I was hoping to add the extra layer of security to my drives with bitlocker encryption and password protecting them via a recovery key.

User1234567_953, Dec 11, 2021
Thema:

Bitlocker Encryption Key located on wrong Microsoft account.

1. Bitlocker Encryption Key located on wrong Microsoft account. - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Encryption Key

2. Bitlocker Key Encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Key Encryption: Hi team,My hard drive was bitlocker encrypted and the surprising thing is that I didn't even know how. For this reason i formatted the disk since I didn't have any choice. After formatting even if I am trying to recover the data, it is asking for the recovery key. Could you...
  3. Bitlocker Key Encryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Key Encryption: Hi team,My hard drive was bitlocker encrypted and the surprising thing is that I didn't even know how. For this reason i formatted the disk since I didn't have any choice. After formatting even if I am trying to recover the data, it is asking for the recovery key. Could you...
  4. Bitlocker Key Encryption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bitlocker Encryption Key located on wrong Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Encryption Key located on wrong Microsoft account.: Just today, due to a system change I made on my Surface Pro 3, I learned that my bitlocker encryption key is stored in the wrong place. It's somehow stored on "account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com" connected to my work email. It should be located on my personal Microsoft...
  6. Bitlocker Encryption Key located on wrong Microsoft account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Encryption Key located on wrong Microsoft account.: Just today, due to a system change I made on my Surface Pro 3, I learned that my bitlocker encryption key is stored in the wrong place. It's somehow stored on "account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com" connected to my work email. It should be located on my personal Microsoft...
  7. Bitlocker Recovery Key Wrong Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery Key Wrong Account: i have a laptop that uses 2 different account, one is work/school account and the other is my personal account. the problem is, my bitlocker is in the work account but i want the key to be in my personal account. any help to transfer this ?...
  8. Bitlocker Recovery Key Wrong Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Recovery Key Wrong Account: i have a laptop that uses 2 different account, one is work/school account and the other is my personal account. the problem is, my bitlocker is in the work account but i want the key to be in my personal account. any help to transfer this ?...
  9. Wrong Bitlocker recovery key in my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wrong Bitlocker recovery key in my Microsoft account: Bitlocker encryption has been activated in my DELL laptop. When I access my Microsoft account, I can see the correct device name and, when I click in, I can see the Bitlocker recovery key that is supposedly associated to this device. However, next to the recovery key there is...
  10. Wrong BitLocker Keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wrong BitLocker Keys: Hi All,I have a Dell XPS13 almost 4 years old, it required the update this afternoon with BIOS updated. But then, it ask for BitLocker Recover Key 48 digits which I have found and input in. Unfortunately, it keeps saying that “incorrect key”. Please advise if any chance that...