Windows 10: BitLocker encryption missing PIN configuration

Discus and support BitLocker encryption missing PIN configuration in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I need some help on the BitLocker. We have corporate Windows 10 Enterprise OS and need to configure BitLocker to encrypt C drive. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by healermaxxx, Mar 2, 2020.

1. BitLocker encryption missing PIN configuration

Hi,

I need some help on the BitLocker. We have corporate Windows 10 Enterprise OS and need to configure BitLocker to encrypt C drive.

However, BitLocker doesn't have PIN option to configure. Anyone can help? Any idea ?

BitLocker encryption missing PIN configuration ea555d95-a4f3-406d-8b45-567aede1976c?upload=true.jpg

:)

healermaxxx, Mar 2, 2020

2. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 2, 2020
  3. B0nzo Win User
    Bitlocker aks for PIN before booting but encryption is not shown activated for drive in Windows

Hi,

I use Windows 10 Pro on a self encrypting Samsung SSD Drive and configured/installed it by following this guide How to Enable BitLocker Hardware Encryption with SSDs • Helge Klein.
    I configured bitlocker to ask for a PIN before booting Windows and the lock symbol in the explorer as well as manage-bde status command showed that bitlocker successfully encrypted system drive C: and really used hardware encryption of the Samsung drive. Everything
    seemed to work fine, but after I updated most of the drivers for my Dell Inspron 15 7559 to the newest version (Support für Inspiron 15 7559 | Treiber und Downloads | Dell Deutschland) bitlocker first asked to enter the recovey key
    because configuration has changed and then the bitlocker symbol in Windows explorer was gone. Also the “activate bitlocker” symbol in the context menu did not appear. I tried to start the graphical interface of the bitlocker management tool but no reaction.
    When I used the commandlet manage-bde I got “ERROR: The volume C: could not be opened by BitLocker. This may be because the volume does not exist, or because it is not a valid BitLocker volume”. But bitlocker kept asking for a pin on bootup and I could not
    access the drive with a Live OS. So the drive still seemed to be encrypted (also using bitlocker recovery mode and executing the manage-bde -status command on c: showed that the drive was encrypted) but Windows did not recognize that after boot. After restoring
    system files by an image and reboot I could access the bitlocker management tool and option in the context menu again. Now bitlocker was not activated on c: but bitlocker just had asked me to enter the pin before booting. If I tried to activate bitlocker now,
    I was asked if I wanted a part or the whole partitation encrypted, which indicates that bitlock did NOT try to use the hardware but a software encryption. So obviously hardware encryption with pre-boot authentication is activated on my system but after booting
    bitlocker in Windows does not show that and offers me to activate bitlocker by using software encryption. How can I restore/reset bitlocker to recognize the encrypted harddisk again and access the settings for my hardware encrypted drive (for example change
    pin etc.)?

Thanks to all in advance!

B0nzo, Mar 2, 2020
  4. BitLocker encryption missing PIN configuration

BitLocker not encrypting?

We have several HP ElitePad 1000 G2 tablets running Windows 10 Pro that we want to set up encryption on.

The order of events that we are doing to accomplish encryption are:

1. Turn on Bitlocker from Control Panel > System and Security

2. Select "Save to a file" when asked how I wanted to back up the recovery key

3. Select "Encrypt entire drive" and "New encryption mode"

At this point, some of the tablets would spend hours apparently encrypting the SSD. Some of the tablets said the encryption was done after a few moments.

4. Add a startup PIN

5. Restart the tablet to make sure the PIN was prompted for (it was)

6. Check the encrypted status of the tablet by entering "manage-bde -status c:" at a Command Prompt. All tablets reported back someting like:

Volume C: [Windows]

[OS Volume]

Size: 103.67 GB

BitLocker Version: 2.0

Conversion Status: Fully Encrypted

Percentage Encrypted: 100.0%

Encryption Method: XTS-AES 128

Protection Status: Protection On

Lock Status: Unlocked

Identification Field: Unknown

Key Protectors:

TPM And PIN

Numerical Password

7. Check whether BitLocker was actually encrypting files on the C: drive

a. Create a new text file on the C: drive

b. Copy the file to a USB flash drive (or email it as an attachment)

c. Download the file on another system

Upon opening the file on the other system, I found that it was not encrypted and everything was visible in clear text.

There seems to be something fundamental that I am missing or misunderstanding about just what BitLocker is supposed to be doing.

This link (Enabling File Encryption) indicates that encryption is available only on NTFS (which the tablet is formatted as), and that if you copy the file to a floppy disk or to any other file system, the file is no longer encrypted.
    I'm assuming this is old information (the "floppy disk" part kind of dates it) not relevant to BitLocker.

ScottZellerK, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

BitLocker encryption missing PIN configuration

1. BitLocker encryption missing PIN configuration - Similar Threads - BitLocker encryption missing

2. Configure hardware BitLocker with startup PIN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Configure hardware BitLocker with startup PIN?: Is it possible to use a startup PIN with hardware BitLocker? By hardware BitLocker I am referring to BitLocker managing a drive's built-in encryption key. For example, for a TCG Opal 2.0 SSD. Or is a startup PIN only an option for software BitLocker? Thanks....
  3. Configure hardware BitLocker with startup PIN?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Configure hardware BitLocker with startup PIN?: Is it possible to use a startup PIN with hardware BitLocker? By hardware BitLocker I am referring to BitLocker managing a drive's built-in encryption key. For example, for a TCG Opal 2.0 SSD. Or is a startup PIN only an option for software BitLocker? Thanks....
  4. Configure hardware BitLocker with startup PIN?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Bitlocker drive encryption service missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker drive encryption service missing: So i can't change my bitlocker setting and when i looked into services.msc i couldnt find the bit locker service.Is there a way that i could include the service back in...
  6. Bitlocker drive encryption service missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker drive encryption service missing: So i can't change my bitlocker setting and when i looked into services.msc i couldnt find the bit locker service.Is there a way that i could include the service back in...
  7. Bitlocker drive encryption service missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Bitlocker encryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker encryption: Hello, ive been locked out of my windows account, since i need my old security old email. Which i no longer have acces to, ive contacted microsoft, and they gave me 2 options. Wait 30 days to update security mail and i dont know if they even will do it or clean install which...
  9. Bitlocker encryption

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bitlocker encryption: Hi Everyone,I am trying to change the bitlocker encryption method to AES 256, And i am trying to find the right command that i can execute from command prompt to change this.Could someone suggest on this?RegardsKevin...
  10. Guidance for configuring BitLocker to enforce software encryption

in Windows 10 News
    Guidance for configuring BitLocker to enforce software encryption: Microsoft is aware of reports of vulnerabilities in the hardware encryption of certain self-encrypting drives (SEDs). Customers concerned about this issue should consider using the software only encryption provided by BitLocker Drive Encryption™. On Windows computers with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker pin option missing