Windows 10: Bitlocker Encryption

Discus and support Bitlocker Encryption in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi,I just changed my hard drive to SSD, and I encrypted my old drive but to my surprise, the encryption key I had doesn't work anymore. I only... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by A_Meow18, Sep 16, 2021.

1. A_Meow18 Win User

Bitlocker Encryption

Hi,I just changed my hard drive to SSD, and I encrypted my old drive but to my surprise, the encryption key I had doesn't work anymore. I only encrypted it once, and thus, I have no other key. What can I do?Thank you!

:)

A_Meow18, Sep 16, 2021

2. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 16, 2021
  3. Bitlocker Drive Encryption(Not Responding) at 84.5%

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are trying to encrypt the complete hard drive with BitLocker Drive Encryption and now it’s not responding as well.

We would suggest you to refer this
    BitLocker: Use BitLocker Drive Encryption Tools to manage BitLocker
    article and check manage-bde section, if that helps to make the changes.

However, for further queries we would suggest you to post your query in

TechNet
    forums, where we have experts and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on BitLocker to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 16, 2021
  4. Bitlocker Encryption

Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

Bitlocker Encryption

1. Bitlocker Encryption - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Encryption

2. My PC is Bitlocker encrypted and I read that the only way to fix it is to re-install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is Bitlocker encrypted and I read that the only way to fix it is to re-install...: I was given a used PC that was Bitlocker encrypted, and neither of us have the Bitlocker password. It won't let me wipe the entire PC, and I was to to look it up. So I did, and I read that the only way to fix it is to re-install Windows 11. I'm still pretty new to the IT...
  3. My PC is Bitlocker encrypted and I read that the only way to fix it is to re-install...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC is Bitlocker encrypted and I read that the only way to fix it is to re-install...: I was given a used PC that was Bitlocker encrypted, and neither of us have the Bitlocker password. It won't let me wipe the entire PC, and I was to to look it up. So I did, and I read that the only way to fix it is to re-install Windows 11. I'm still pretty new to the IT...
  4. Access is denied when I try to disable bitlocker on an encrypted external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access is denied when I try to disable bitlocker on an encrypted external drive: I had a Windows 11 laptop with a 512GB SSD, which got broken a few months ago I have the SSD intact. I am using an External SSD adapter to back up my data. I have access to my Bitlocker keys and can access my files in a read-only mode but if I delete or modify my files it's...
  5. Access is denied when I try to disable bitlocker on an encrypted external drive

Access is denied when I try to disable bitlocker on an encrypted external drive: I had a Windows 11 laptop with a 512GB SSD, which got broken a few months ago I have the SSD intact. I am using an External SSD adapter to back up my data. I have access to my Bitlocker keys and can access my files in a read-only mode but if I delete or modify my files it's...
  6. BitLocker - encrypt full drive or only existing data not shown?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker - encrypt full drive or only existing data not shown?: When enabling BitLocker and encrypting the only drive with Windows 11 Pro on it it took seconds to "encrypt" a drive. Then in the local group policy editor I can enable TPM+PIN, but still - I didn't have a prompt to choose between "encrypting everything, which will take more...
  7. BitLocker - encrypt full drive or only existing data not shown?

BitLocker - encrypt full drive or only existing data not shown?: When enabling BitLocker and encrypting the only drive with Windows 11 Pro on it it took seconds to "encrypt" a drive. Then in the local group policy editor I can enable TPM+PIN, but still - I didn't have a prompt to choose between "encrypting everything, which will take more...
  8. Bitlocker encrypted USB destroys laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker encrypted USB destroys laptops: I've recently run across one of the strangest issues I've seen and I don't have any explanation for it.For background, at our org, we force Bitlocker encryption on all external USBs when writing files. We also Bitlocker encrypt all internal disks on our deployed laptops as...
  9. Bitlocker encrypted USB destroys laptops

Bitlocker encrypted USB destroys laptops: I've recently run across one of the strangest issues I've seen and I don't have any explanation for it.For background, at our org, we force Bitlocker encryption on all external USBs when writing files. We also Bitlocker encrypt all internal disks on our deployed laptops as...
  10. Bitlocker encrypted USB destroys laptops

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging