Windows 10: Bitlocker-enter recovery key message suddenly appeared on my Windows Home Home edition....

Discus and support Bitlocker-enter recovery key message suddenly appeared on my Windows Home Home edition.... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home edition on Dell Inpsiron XPS 13 laptop. Suddenly getting message to enter Bitlocker recovery key. My computer does not have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MichaelNadler, May 22, 2020.

1. Bitlocker-enter recovery key message suddenly appeared on my Windows Home Home edition....

I have Windows 10 Home edition on Dell Inpsiron XPS 13 laptop. Suddenly getting message to enter Bitlocker recovery key.

My computer does not have Bitlocker as far as I know Win 10 Home not Bitloker enabled. What happened? Had to wipe out entire harddrive and reload, losing all personal files, etc.

Please help with advice to avoid in future!!

Thanks

:)

MichaelNadler, May 22, 2020
  2. Shopdoc Win User

Bitlocker Recovery Keys keeps appearing

Where did you find the recovery key on line?

Shopdoc, May 22, 2020
  3. Bitlocker Recovery Keys keeps appearing

I tried to restart my laptop yesterday ......Dell 15 inch ..........purchased 27 October 2017.

I received a message that I needed to enter some BITLOCK recovery keys.

After about a half hour of searching on the web I found the recovery keys for my laptop.

I entered the keys, restarted the computer and life was good.

But now, every time I restart the computer I have to reenter the keys....there are 8 sets of 6 keys, quite annoying.

I can't restart the computer without having to reenter the keys.....3X so far.

Then,,,,,,,,,the last time I restarted it I received another message that the power cord was not recognized by the computer. But I entered restart anyhow and then I got the keys .

I updated the MSFT update last week or whenever the new update was released but I did not have any problems with it last week etc.......

I did a search and did not see anything on this forum about BITLOCK.

Is this a new issue?

Any suggestions?

Thanks, from Dallas

RaymondWindoz10, May 22, 2020
  4. Bitlocker-enter recovery key message suddenly appeared on my Windows Home Home edition....

BitLocker suddenly requiring recovery key at every startup

Overnight, I suddenly must enter a BitLocker recovery key at every startup. (Luckily, I have the key.)

How do I make it stop? I barely understand what BitLocker is, much less how to manipulate it. If possible, I am hoping for specific steps to turn this off.

Running Windows 10 Pro. Thank you!

AfterYouNoNoAfterYou, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker-enter recovery key message suddenly appeared on my Windows Home Home edition....

1. Bitlocker-enter recovery key message suddenly appeared on my Windows Home Home edition.... - Similar Threads - Bitlocker enter recovery

2. Need Bitlocker key for Microsoft 10 Home edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Bitlocker key for Microsoft 10 Home edition: I have Microsoft 10 Home edition and there is no bitlocker key for the home edition. My Lenovo PC locked up after trying to do updates from the Lenovo website and now I am being asked for a Bitlocker Key. I need my PC for my job so I need the key ASAP! Is there a contact...
  3. Need Bitlocker key for Microsoft 10 Home edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Bitlocker key for Microsoft 10 Home edition: I have Microsoft 10 Home edition and there is no bitlocker key for the home edition. My Lenovo PC locked up after trying to do updates from the Lenovo website and now I am being asked for a Bitlocker Key. I need my PC for my job so I need the key ASAP! Is there a contact...
  4. Need Bitlocker key for Microsoft 10 Home edition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Bitlocker recovery key message

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bitlocker recovery key message: On my computer I suddenly got the message 'Enter Bit locker recovery key'I have no idea whether I even signed up for this key. I have tried all suggestions under Google search still not able toI have tried manage bde.... I have tried logging into microsoft account on another...
  6. Bitlocker on home edition????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker on home edition????: On my first laptop, I had Win 7 PRO and then upgraded to Win10 and Windows recognized it as PRO. Now I recently bought a new laptop and it came with WIN 10 HOME edition. I then did an upgrade to WIN11. I did a clone of the disk of the old laptop to put on new laptop. My old...
  7. Bitlocker on home edition????

Bitlocker on home edition????: On my first laptop, I had Win 7 PRO and then upgraded to Win10 and Windows recognized it as PRO. Now I recently bought a new laptop and it came with WIN 10 HOME edition. I then did an upgrade to WIN11. I did a clone of the disk of the old laptop to put on new laptop. My old...
  8. Bitlocker for home edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker for home edition: Why doesn't Microsoft enable Bitlocker for home edition?I can't even turn on standard encryption on my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-for-home-edition/8f226970-8916-4c11-a92a-a94dddb6687b
  9. Bitlocker for home edition

Bitlocker for home edition: Why doesn't Microsoft enable Bitlocker for home edition?I can't even turn on standard encryption on my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-for-home-edition/8f226970-8916-4c11-a92a-a94dddb6687b
  10. Bitlocker recovery key Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key Windows 10 Home: Hi, I have a DELL XPS 13 laptop with Windows 10 Home edition. Yesterday windows pushed some updates and now my laptop is not even starting, it comes with a blue screen asking for Bitlocker recovery key which never existed as its a home edition. How can I solve this? Even if...