Windows 10: BitLocker error, ID is correct and matching on PC, but showing incorrect.

Discus and support BitLocker error, ID is correct and matching on PC, but showing incorrect. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having an error when trying to unlock my BitLocker locked drive. I have the file generated with the Identifier as well as the Recovery Key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SamSmiles, Aug 8, 2020.

1. SamSmiles Win User

BitLocker error, ID is correct and matching on PC, but showing incorrect.

I am having an error when trying to unlock my BitLocker locked drive. I have the file generated with the Identifier as well as the Recovery Key associated with it. When prompted to enter the password to unlock it, it tells me it is wrong even though I only just encrypted it and very much remember the correct password. So then I try to enter the Recovery Key. Again, the ID matches exactly and when I enter the Recovery Key, I am still getting the "key does not match the drive" response.

I'm starting to get desperate, any ideas?

:)

SamSmiles, Aug 8, 2020
  2. dark54555 Win User

BitLocker Drives "Incorrect Parameter" and "Unknown File System" After Win 10 Pro Upgrade

This PC has the BitLocker password stored, and is unlocking the drive (the unlocked padlock icon is on the drive in This PC). I can even change the BitLocker password without a problem.

Once unlocked, however, double clicking gives a "The parameter is incorrect" error. Disk Management shows the correct size for the disk and partition, says "Healthy." But the File System lists as "Unknown
    (BitLocker Encrypted)." Ran chkdsk shows no errors. Both drives were 100% functional in Windows 8.1 before the upgrade to Windows 10.

dark54555, Aug 8, 2020
  3. My bitlock recoverykey id not match with my id showing on my screen

I have applied bitlock on my laptop when i trun on my laptop it showing ....enter recovery key but the problem is that it is not match with my recovery key id..also it do not showing any other options like skip drive only just a blue screen is appearing
    when i trun on my laptop....and i don't have any administrator or domain....i have saved the recovery key on my pendrive which is not matching with one appears on my screen....now tell me what to do plzzz...fast

* Moved from Insider

someshpandey, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Change in folder size after enabling Bitlocker

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand you concern related to the size of the folder displayed. Try these steps to narrow down the issue:

1. Disable bitlocker
      and then check the folder size.
    2. We would also suggest you to open the folder and select all files and see the size of the contents.

Let us know if the size of the contents matches the folder size. If you see a difference, then the folder might be showing incorrect size.

Kindly reply us with the requested information to assist you better.

Awaiting for your response.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

1. BitLocker error, ID is correct and matching on PC, but showing incorrect. - Similar Threads - BitLocker error correct

2. Correct Bitlocker key used; but receive error message 'The key doesnt match this drive'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correct Bitlocker key used; but receive error message 'The key doesnt match this drive': Whilst using windows 11 pro;I backed up a windows disk image using: Control Panel; Back up and Restore; Create a system image. I also backed up my C: drive.I saved both of these onto external media, a 512gb Toshiba HDD USB 3.0I used bitlocker to encrypt the drive. I wrote...
  3. Correct Bitlocker key used; but receive error message 'The key doesnt match this drive'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Correct Bitlocker key used; but receive error message 'The key doesnt match this drive': Whilst using windows 11 pro;I backed up a windows disk image using: Control Panel; Back up and Restore; Create a system image. I also backed up my C: drive.I saved both of these onto external media, a 512gb Toshiba HDD USB 3.0I used bitlocker to encrypt the drive. I wrote...
  4. BitLocker ID TraceID error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker ID TraceID error: Hello,Recently my laptop was shut off unexpectedly and upon opening it, it requested that I provide my BitLocker Recovery ID. In any other day, that would have been an easy thing, as I can access that through my Microsoft Account. However, when I tried to log in and access...
  5. BitLocker ID TraceID error

BitLocker ID TraceID error: Hello,Recently my laptop was shut off unexpectedly and upon opening it, it requested that I provide my BitLocker Recovery ID. In any other day, that would have been an easy thing, as I can access that through my Microsoft Account. However, when I tried to log in and access...
  6. BitLocker ID TraceID error

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. BitLocker ID TraceID error

8. bitlocker recovery key is showing incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker recovery key is showing incorrect: Dear sir, recently I used bitlocker code to unlock that folder but now its not working and also recovery key showing incorrect. and I got hint showing key ID EBA58332 and I am also using correct ID. I dont know why this showing incorrect please help me. Identifier:...
  9. The Startup options on this PC are configured incorrectly – Bitlocker error

in Windows 10 News
    The Startup options on this PC are configured incorrectly – Bitlocker error: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to fix the error The Startup options on this PC are configured incorrectly for BitLocker. A user may see this error message when he tries to use BitLocker on a Windows system. [...] This post The Startup options on this PC...
  10. Device Manager Shows Incorrect Device ID

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager Shows Incorrect Device ID: Hia. I recently installed a third SSD to my computer ( a Crucial MX500 2TB). Everything went smoothly, the drive behaves normal and everything seems good, however this time something weird happened with the identity on the device, it shows an incorrect model and ID in Windows...