Windows 10: Bitlocker error message

Discus and support Bitlocker error message in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am attempting to encrypt my usb thumb drive that I want to use to back up all of my work files. Below is my device specifications and the error... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GregYork, Feb 11, 2021.

1. GregYork Win User

Bitlocker error message

I am attempting to encrypt my usb thumb drive that I want to use to back up all of my work files. Below is my device specifications and the error message I get from Bitlocker.

Bitlocker error message aa502c64-1a3e-4ebb-928a-5ede13159f2f?upload=true.jpg

Bitlocker error message bc654351-2ca9-483a-9167-fb5ea1f3848b?upload=true.jpg

I have tried removing the write protection from the drive, reformatting the drive and making the drive active/inactive It is currently inactive. Nothing I have tried works. Any assistance at all would be greatly appreciated.

:)

GregYork, Feb 11, 2021
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Feb 11, 2021
  3. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Bitlocker error message

Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Bitlocker error message

1. Bitlocker error message - Similar Threads - Bitlocker error message

2. Bitlocker Error Message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Error Message: The bitlocker for my device is showing an error message as follows or in the attached photo:"TraceID: m5oJHnxKdEGNH4zA.21.93Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue persists, contact us."I have been trying to contact microsoft but couldn't access the live...
  3. Bitlocker Error Message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Error Message: The bitlocker for my device is showing an error message as follows or in the attached photo:"TraceID: m5oJHnxKdEGNH4zA.21.93Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue persists, contact us."I have been trying to contact microsoft but couldn't access the live...
  4. Bitlocker recovery page loading to an error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery page loading to an error message: I booted up my laptop and for some reason was asking for my bitlockerwhich I dont even remember ever setting up key. So I went to aka.ms/myrecoverykey like it said to find my key. It lead to a page saying "Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue...
  5. Bitlocker recovery page loading to an error message

Bitlocker recovery page loading to an error message: I booted up my laptop and for some reason was asking for my bitlockerwhich I dont even remember ever setting up key. So I went to aka.ms/myrecoverykey like it said to find my key. It lead to a page saying "Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue...
  6. error message trace id for bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error message trace id for bitlocker recovery key: Tried to get my recovery key from my Microsoft account - clicked on device on my account then the Bitlocker data protection comes up clicking that then an error message come up stating Trace ID:mQDRHkmK+Eyw3vz1.8.77 Something happended. Wait a bit, then try again. If these...
  7. error message trace id for bitlocker recovery key

error message trace id for bitlocker recovery key: Tried to get my recovery key from my Microsoft account - clicked on device on my account then the Bitlocker data protection comes up clicking that then an error message come up stating Trace ID:mQDRHkmK+Eyw3vz1.8.77 Something happended. Wait a bit, then try again. If these...
  8. Bitlocker recovery page loading to an error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Bitlocker recovery page loading to an error message

10. Bitlocker message coming up

Bitlocker message coming up: I was out of state and just returned and apparently a Microsoft update occurred while I was gone. I turned on my laptop and now can’t get in because I am getting a Bitlocker message and it’s asking for the key, which I don’t have because I never activated this I really need...