Windows 10: BitLocker Error

Discus and support BitLocker Error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I put my computer in hibernation last night and this morning, it won't boot. When I turn it off and back on, I get something about BitLocker... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LynGoodman1, Nov 21, 2020.

1. BitLocker Error

I put my computer in hibernation last night and this morning, it won't boot. When I turn it off and back on, I get something about BitLocker encription looking for a key. I found the key and entered it. I've tried several of the options it offers - short of going back to factory default and it still hangs up and won't boot. What can I do to fix this?

:)

LynGoodman1, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Nov 21, 2020
  4. BitLocker Error

Bitlocker Questions

Okay... just saw that mistake

- - - Updated - - -

BitLocker Error [​IMG]

I followed the step 1 instructions in that link you posted...

So i should now turn on bitlocker to see if it works? Or do I need to do both step 2 and 3 in that link you posted... before I turn on bitlocker?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks saw that mistake. I post some more pictures. So what do you want me to do now? Do step 2 and 3 in that link you posted? Or try to turn on bitlocker right now after doing the 1st step? Im not sure if in that link, they want you to do all 3 steps or not? Or is it try step 1... if it works, thats it and then turn on bitlocker?

- - - Updated - - -

I am doing step 3.... I did the first part of step 3 and it showed tons of words which meant i entered it correct. But the last step of step 3... i seem to get error? What am i typing wrong here?

BitLocker Error [​IMG]

paulyjustin, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

BitLocker Error

1. BitLocker Error - Similar Threads - BitLocker Error

2. Bitlocker problem at tail end of trying to fix 0x80070643 error with windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker problem at tail end of trying to fix 0x80070643 error with windows update: Had a security update KB5034441 which wouldn't install 0x80070643 error.Followed the links from Microsoft and did the following:Have resized my Windows RE partition, per KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update - Microsoft...
  3. Bitlocker problem at tail end of trying to fix 0x80070643 error with windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker problem at tail end of trying to fix 0x80070643 error with windows update: Had a security update KB5034441 which wouldn't install 0x80070643 error.Followed the links from Microsoft and did the following:Have resized my Windows RE partition, per KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update - Microsoft...
  4. Bitlocker problem at tail end of trying to fix 0x80070643 error with windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. when i try to access bitlocker recovery key it keeps on giving an error, can this be fixed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i try to access bitlocker recovery key it keeps on giving an error, can this be fixed...: error:2tr0SY8AM0CaRKhc.30.79when i try to access bitlocker recovery key it keeps on giving an error, can this be fixed from microsoft side? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-access-bitlocker-recovery-key-it/381e7b6e-31fd-4113-a043-7b3ccd59bc1e
  6. when i try to access bitlocker recovery key it keeps on giving an error, can this be fixed...

when i try to access bitlocker recovery key it keeps on giving an error, can this be fixed...: error:2tr0SY8AM0CaRKhc.30.79when i try to access bitlocker recovery key it keeps on giving an error, can this be fixed from microsoft side? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-access-bitlocker-recovery-key-it/381e7b6e-31fd-4113-a043-7b3ccd59bc1e
  7. Bitlocker command JSON error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker command JSON error: When I enter this command: "Enable-BitLocker -MountPoint c: -RecoveryPasswordProtector -RecoveryPassword [PASS]"I get this error: "Add-RecoveryPasswordProtectorInternal : JSON value not found. Exception from HRESULT: 0x83750009 At...
  8. Bitlocker command JSON error

Bitlocker command JSON error: When I enter this command: "Enable-BitLocker -MountPoint c: -RecoveryPasswordProtector -RecoveryPassword [PASS]"I get this error: "Add-RecoveryPasswordProtectorInternal : JSON value not found. Exception from HRESULT: 0x83750009 At...
  9. Internal SSD not showing after Bitlocker error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal SSD not showing after Bitlocker error: I had reinstalled windows and everything was fine both SSD cards were working normally then when installing steam games I noticed sudden windows performance issues.As I looked deeper it showed that bitlocker was getting stuck decrypting the SSD cards and becameStuck the...
  10. Internal SSD not showing after Bitlocker error

Internal SSD not showing after Bitlocker error: I had reinstalled windows and everything was fine both SSD cards were working normally then when installing steam games I noticed sudden windows performance issues.As I looked deeper it showed that bitlocker was getting stuck decrypting the SSD cards and becameStuck the...