Windows 10: Bitlocker- "Failed to unlock with this recovery key"

Discus and support Bitlocker- "Failed to unlock with this recovery key" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Wndows recently had an update. Upon restarting the computer, I am prompted with option to enter the recovery key. I was able to retrieve the key from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/verykindsoul, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Bitlocker- "Failed to unlock with this recovery key"

Wndows recently had an update. Upon restarting the computer, I am prompted with option to enter the recovery key. I was able to retrieve the key from my outlook account which is what I use to login to my account. I typed in that key but it gives me an error (title). I noticed that recovery id part that shows up on outlook account is different from the one I have on my desktop. How is this possible, when I have never used another device with that outlook id?

In my outlook, surface pro 4 is added as a device with correct drive capacity information and upon clicking it leads me to that recovery key. So, its not like some other device was registered and its recovery id is copied.

This computer dual boots with Linux. It has been fine until windows did an update.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/verykindsoul
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/verykindsoul, Mar 25, 2021

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 25, 2021
  3. Bill Smithers, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Bitlocker- "Failed to unlock with this recovery key"

Bill Smithers, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Bitlocker- "Failed to unlock with this recovery key"

1. Bitlocker- "Failed to unlock with this recovery key" - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Failed unlock

2. unlock bitlocker using recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unlock bitlocker using recovery key: I have locked un external disk drive using bitlocker and i have forgoten my password, but i have printed the recover key and identifier when i have tried to using the recovery key i got the message recover key does not match even the identifier key is start with the...
  3. Recovery Key fails to unlock bitlocker encrypted disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Key fails to unlock bitlocker encrypted disk: I was encrypting a secondary os, w11, and the process required to restart the PC. By default restarted in the primary os, when I tried to continue the encrypting process of the secondary disk, bitlocker asks for the recovery kid. When I insert the correct recovery Key the...
  4. Recovery Key fails to unlock bitlocker encrypted disk

Recovery Key fails to unlock bitlocker encrypted disk: I was encrypting a secondary os, w11, and the process required to restart the PC. By default restarted in the primary os, when I tried to continue the encrypting process of the secondary disk, bitlocker asks for the recovery kid. When I insert the correct recovery Key the...
  5. Failed to unlock with this recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to unlock with this recovery key: Laptop: Asus Rog G14, good conditionMy laptop started crahsing bsod more often than it used to, about 2 weeks ago. I didn't think of much and continued to use it. 2 days ago it got really bad and today upon launch it gives me the 'unmountable boot volume' stop code. All...
  6. Failed to unlock with this recovery key

Failed to unlock with this recovery key: Laptop: Asus Rog G14, good conditionMy laptop started crahsing bsod more often than it used to, about 2 weeks ago. I didn't think of much and continued to use it. 2 days ago it got really bad and today upon launch it gives me the 'unmountable boot volume' stop code. All...
  7. Failed to unlock with this recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows BitLocker Recovery Key Not Working Failed to unlock with this recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BitLocker Recovery Key Not Working Failed to unlock with this recovery key: We have a system with BitLocker Enabled. The system requested a recovery key and we entered the correct 48-digit recovery password based on the provided Recovery Key ID. However, after entering the recovery key, it says "Failed to unlock with this recovery key" may I know how...
  9. Windows BitLocker Recovery Key Not Working Failed to unlock with this recovery key

Windows BitLocker Recovery Key Not Working Failed to unlock with this recovery key: We have a system with BitLocker Enabled. The system requested a recovery key and we entered the correct 48-digit recovery password based on the provided Recovery Key ID. However, after entering the recovery key, it says "Failed to unlock with this recovery key" may I know how...
  10. Windows BitLocker Recovery Key Not Working Failed to unlock with this recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security