Windows 10: Bitlocker fails with second installation of Win10 Pro

Discus and support Bitlocker fails with second installation of Win10 Pro in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am attempting to set up a separate partition on my SSD for software development. I have Windows 10 Pro and wish to have Bitlocker enabled for all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ddunc2222, May 13, 2020.

1. ddunc2222 Win User

Bitlocker fails with second installation of Win10 Pro

I am attempting to set up a separate partition on my SSD for software development. I have Windows 10 Pro and wish to have Bitlocker enabled for all drives. Bitlocker operates properly on my first installation. I successfully installed the second installation of Windows 10 Pro on the second partition, but when I attempt to activate Bitlocker on this partition, I am prompted to restart the computer and told to enter the 48 digit recovery key after restart into the second partition, with a message saying that the TPM could not be accessed. After 3 attempts to start to the second partition, an attempt to repair Windows on the new partition is attempted. Again, I am prompted for the recovery key, and it is not accepted. The first instance of the operating system functions without a problem.

This is my second attempt to install a second installation of Windows 10 on this computer with Bitlocker enabled. Computer is a Cyberpower Tracer III with 16 GB RAM and a Core i7-9750H CPU.

:)

ddunc2222, May 13, 2020
  2. T.H.2018 Win User

Win10 Pro Bitlocker on by default

Can't access my laptop.

Is it possible that after windows 10 pro installation bitlocker is on? Could it depend what is the source of win10 or the laptop's manufacturer? It seems that in our Lenovo Thinkpad T570 bitlocker was on when we bought it.

Or could it be that some Lenovo program turns bitlocker on without a notice during installation?

T.H.2018, May 13, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Installing Bitlocker to encrypt

Hello,

To install BitLocker, your PC must satisfied system requirements. We'd like to clarify, what edition of Windows 10 do you have? In addition, you must be logged in as an admistrator and have an access to printer to print the recovery key.

If you're using Windows 10 Pro and meet the requirements, follow these steps to enable BitLocker.

• Click Start. Type Control Panel.
    • Click System and Security.
    • Click BitLocker Drive.
    • Hit Turn on BitLocker.

Looking forward to your response.

Dyan Rey, May 13, 2020
  4. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, May 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Bitlocker fails with second installation of Win10 Pro - Similar Threads - Bitlocker fails second

2. Upgrade Hardware--Lose Win10 Pro and Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Hardware--Lose Win10 Pro and Bitlocker?: I purchased Win 10 Pro with bitlocker for my current laptop. If I buy a new laptop with Win 11 Home will I have to upgrade again to get the full version of bitlocker? Cost?...
  3. Upgrade Hardware Lose Win10 Pro and Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Hardware Lose Win10 Pro and Bitlocker?: I purchased Win 10 Pro with bitlocker for my current laptop. If I buy a new laptop with Win 11 Home will I have to upgrade again to get the full version of bitlocker? Cost?...
  4. Upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro fails: Hi,I have a Dell Precision T3600 workstation running Win7 Pro. I bought a copy of Win10 Professional from the Microsoft store. But the update fails with error code: 0xC1900101 - 0x20017I have removed unnecessary software. I have checked that all my drivers are up to date in...
  5. Upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro fails: Hi,I have a Dell Precision T3600 workstation running Win7 Pro. I bought a copy of Win10 Professional from the Microsoft store. But the update fails with error code: 0xC1900101 - 0x20017I have removed unnecessary software. I have checked that all my drivers are up to date in...
  6. Upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Failing to troubleshoot Win10 Pro 20.04 install issue: 0xc1900101

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Failing to troubleshoot Win10 Pro 20.04 install issue: 0xc1900101: submitted by /u/anditails [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gsrmgz/failing_to_troubleshoot_win10_pro_2004_install/
  8. Win10 Pro Bitlocker on by default

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win10 Pro Bitlocker on by default: Can't access my laptop. Is it possible that after windows 10 pro installation bitlocker is on? Could it depend what is the source of win10 or the laptop's manufacturer? It seems that in our Lenovo Thinkpad T570 bitlocker was on when we bought it. Or could it be that...
  9. Win10 Pro oem, installed as Win10 HOME

Win10 Pro oem, installed as Win10 HOME: I have an original CD with 64 bits Win 10 Pro for OEM, with a sticker with key. I did a clean installation deleted the partitions in C: I installed and see that it is the Win 10 OEM Home 1709 After instalation there were the automatic Windows updates from Microsoft....
  10. Win10 Pro does not see installed programs on second HD drive?

Win10 Pro does not see installed programs on second HD drive?: Got a perfect upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro for any programs that were on the boot disk. However any programs that were loaded on a second (non-bootable) disk were not recognized at all. Is there any way, other than reloading all those programs, to get Win10 Pro to know...