Windows 10: Bitlocker Forever 'Unlocking'

Discus and support Bitlocker Forever 'Unlocking' in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Guys,I have a Dell XPS 15 9560 with a Bitlocker encrypted system drive. Recently Windows 10 displayed a notification coloured red instead of the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dave2-dck, Sep 7, 2021.

1. Dave2-dck Win User

Bitlocker Forever 'Unlocking'

Hi Guys,I have a Dell XPS 15 9560 with a Bitlocker encrypted system drive. Recently Windows 10 displayed a notification coloured red instead of the usual blue indicating some kind of storage related error I didn't note the exact text unfortunately. Shortly after when trying to launch MS Word I received an error "The operating system is not presently configured to run this application". So I closed everything and rebooted.On reboot, after entering the Bitlocker PIN as usual, a black screen containing Dell logo and 'spinning dots' is displayed infinitely. If I force power down and try ag

:)

Dave2-dck, Sep 7, 2021

2. BitLocker key cannot unlock the disk. Neither can i reinstall cause the drive is blocked

Hi Havard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Did you try to unlock the drive using the Bitlocker application in Windows 10?
    • If yes, did you get any error message while trying that?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that helps:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try unlocking the drive using the Bitlocker facility available in Windows 10 and check if you are able to unlock it successfully. If you are getting any error message with says “Application not found”, then I would suggest you
    to refer the article provided in the link below:

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Method 2:

I would suggest that you try the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it helps resolve your issue.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following link to view the article “How to back up and restore
    the registry in Windows” from the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/322756

(Applies to Windows 10)

For more information regarding BitLocker, you may refer the article "BitLocker Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)" from this link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831507.aspx

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Sep 7, 2021
  3. Jacee Win User
    Bitlock unlock?

I'm just wondering what this is for on Bitlocker (unlock)? How do you use it?

Bitlocker Forever 'Unlocking' [​IMG]

Jacee, Sep 7, 2021
  4. Viruzz Win User

HELP: Automatic BitLocker Unlock.

Thank you sir, ill try your solution.

Windows Auto unlock ONLY works in case you have Bitlocker on your system drive, because if your system drive is not encrypted auto unlocking other drives means loss of security.
    But in my case my system drive is Encrypted with hardware encryption that i password unlock during boot. So auto unlocking Bitlocker drives will do fine for me.

Viruzz, Sep 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Bitlocker Forever 'Unlocking' - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Forever 'Unlocking'

2. BitLocker Loading Forever

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Loading Forever: I'm trying to Encrypt a USB stick with BitLocker, and after putting in my desired password and choosing how much to encrypt, it starts encrypting. However this encryption has been loading for 8 hours now, stuck at 99.5%. I have tried force-removing the USB stick from the PC,...
  3. Unlock Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unlock Bitlocker: I am trying to clone my computer to IDrive so I can wipe my computer and reinstall Windows 11. Hopefully that will clear up some issues I am having with my computer. It can't backup because files are bitlocked.I didn't know I had bitlocker but apparently I do. I went through...
  4. Unlock Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlock Bitlocker: I am trying to clone my computer to IDrive so I can wipe my computer and reinstall Windows 11. Hopefully that will clear up some issues I am having with my computer. It can't backup because files are bitlocked.I didn't know I had bitlocker but apparently I do. I went through...
  5. Windows 10 taking FOREVER to unlock.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 taking FOREVER to unlock.: Hello Microsoft Team,Normally, when I click the "Restart" button in the Start Menu, it takes FOREVER to unlock. It takes 40 minutes at best. The same thing happens when I hard-reset my computer. My solution was to use the "Shut Down" option, and it worked for a while....
  6. Unlocking Bitlocker

Unlocking Bitlocker: Hi all I found this article on here , is this still the most update and easiest method to unlock bitlocker? I only want to partition a drive so that that data and apps are separate. If I do partition should I locked both drives after or is bitlocker only for the system drive?...
  7. bitlocker unlock

bitlocker unlock: my laptop is asking to unlock the drive using bitlocker recoery key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-unlock/52f11a10-ba88-4fed-b829-bf4cf22b6746
  8. Bitlocker unlock

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker unlock: Who [IMG]to unlock drive c and lock drive c. Unlock bitloker plz help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-unlock/7a7981f8-ea23-4c86-88be-230c9e2838d2
  9. Bitlock unlock?

Bitlock unlock?: I'm just wondering what this is for on Bitlocker (unlock)? How do you use it? [img] 155432
  10. Bitlock unlock?

in Windows 10 Support
    Bitlock unlock?: I'm just wondering what this is for on Bitlocker (unlock)? How do you use it? [img] 155432