Windows 10: Bitlocker frustration

Discus and support Bitlocker frustration in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How can I find the bitlocker ID that I never requested? I my hard drive died and I am trying to get the data from it, but the ONLY bitlocker ID I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FilthierTrash41, Jan 4, 2023.

  1. Bitlocker frustration


    How can I find the bitlocker ID that I never requested? I my hard drive died and I am trying to get the data from it, but the ONLY bitlocker ID I have is not recognized.Thanks,A concerned student

    :)
     
    FilthierTrash41, Jan 4, 2023
    #1
  2. Paola Gar Win User

    Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

    Hi,

    We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

    • You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

    • Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

    Let us know how it goes.
     
    Paola Gar, Jan 4, 2023
    #2
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Bitlocker

    Hello Nandana,

    To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

    • Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

    If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.
     
    Ernie San, Jan 4, 2023
    #3
  4. Bitlocker frustration

    BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

    Hi,



    Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.



    I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

    To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.


    • Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

    • Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

    • Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

    • Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

    Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

    Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

    (You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)



    Check if it helps.



    I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

    Thank you.
     
    Aswin_Anand, Jan 4, 2023
    #4
Thema:

Bitlocker frustration

Loading...
  1. Bitlocker frustration - Similar Threads - Bitlocker frustration

  2. BitLocker recovery key not working on Windows 11

    in Windows 10 News
    BitLocker recovery key not working on Windows 11: [ATTACH]BitLocker is a built-in Windows 11 security feature that protects user data through full-disk encryption. To unlock a BitLocker-encrypted drive, you need to enter the 48-digit recovery key. For some users, the BitLocker recovery key is not working on Windows 11/10....
  3. BitLocker stuck on Decrypting or Encrypting in Windows 11

    in Windows 10 News
    BitLocker stuck on Decrypting or Encrypting in Windows 11: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to fix a BitLocker drive that is stuck decrypting or encrypting on a Windows 11/10 PC. BitLocker encryption or decryption can take a few minutes to several hours, depending on the type and speed of the drive, the amount of data being...
  4. Active Directory not showing BitLocker recovery key tab

    in Windows 10 News
    Active Directory not showing BitLocker recovery key tab: [ATTACH]The BitLocker Recovery tab in Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC) is a crucial feature for retrieving recovery passwords to unlock encrypted drives. So, when that tab goes missing, it can bring administrative workflows to a screeching halt. In this post, we...
  5. BitLocker asking for Recovery Key after Windows Update

    in Windows 10 News
    BitLocker asking for Recovery Key after Windows Update: [ATTACH]In this article, we will see what you can do if BitLocker is asking for a Recovery Key after a Windows Update. BitLocker asking for Recovery Key after Windows Update If BitLocker asks for the Recovery Key after a Windows Update and you cannot boot into Windows, this...
  6. Windows 11 April 2026 Update KB5083769 Is Triggering BitLocker Recovery Screens on Some PCs

    in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 April 2026 Update KB5083769 Is Triggering BitLocker Recovery Screens on Some PCs: Microsoft has confirmed that the April 2026 security update for Windows 11, KB5083769, released on April 14, is causing some devices to boot directly into the BitLocker recovery screen instead of the desktop. Affected users need to enter their BitLocker recovery key before...
  7. How do I get a bitlocker recovery key for my daughters new laptop .very frustrating can't...

    in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get a bitlocker recovery key for my daughters new laptop .very frustrating can't...: I need Bitlocker recovery key,but have no idea how to get it or where ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-a-bitlocker-recovery-key-for-my/8c5d538d-7ee9-4ef4-a9da-7e3914bb037c
  8. How do I get a bitlocker recovery key for my daughters new laptop .very frustrating can't...

    in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get a bitlocker recovery key for my daughters new laptop .very frustrating can't...: I need Bitlocker recovery key,but have no idea how to get it or where ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-a-bitlocker-recovery-key-for-my/8c5d538d-7ee9-4ef4-a9da-7e3914bb037c
  9. Bitlocker frustration

    in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker frustration: How can I find the bitlocker ID that I never requested? I my hard drive died and I am trying to get the data from it, but the ONLY bitlocker ID I have is not recognized.Thanks,A concerned student...
  10. Bitlocker frustration

    in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker frustration: How can I find the bitlocker ID that I never requested? I my hard drive died and I am trying to get the data from it, but the ONLY bitlocker ID I have is not recognized.Thanks,A concerned student...