Windows 10: BitLocker functionality (currently having some issues)

Discus and support BitLocker functionality (currently having some issues) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently decided to encrypt all my data, on every machine, which covers two desktop PC's and a laptop, all running Windows 10 Pro x64. I've now... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by nitelife, Feb 17, 2016.

1. nitelife Win User

BitLocker functionality (currently having some issues)

I recently decided to encrypt all my data, on every machine, which covers two desktop PC's and a laptop, all running Windows 10 Pro x64. I've now started the work with BitLocker by encrypting a few external drives plus a few secondary store drives on my main machine, which consists of an OS SSD drive (850 Pro) plus around ten HDD's. I've so far tested without TPM, enabling this route via gpedit.msc*.

I've decided to use solely a well memorized +ten digit password to open up the drives and not keep anything written down or elsewhere stored keys for maximum security. Much to my disappointment I found out that the encrypted drives can only be opened on the particular machine the encryption was done. When docked via SATA->USB adapter on another machine everything appears working normally, but the drive just won't accept the password. It won't event accept the 48 digit recovery password on another machine, copy-pasted directly to exclude the possibility of typos.

Greatly appreciating your input.

edit:
    *via this step:
    Windows 8.1: Enable BitLocker Drive Encryption (with or without TPM) - YouTube

:)

nitelife, Feb 17, 2016

2. Bitclocker for Windows 10

I am currently using Windows 8.1 Pro with bitlocker activated. I would like to upgrade to Windows 10. Does Windows 10 come with bitlocker functionality?

DeepakKeshwani, Feb 17, 2016
  3. how can I fix Windows Update error: cumulative update for windows 10 for x64-based systems (kb3081436)?

For me this issue was caused by bitlocker. I had to uninstall all traces of bitlocker and then updates were functioning.

JDizzlle_Daddy, Feb 17, 2016
  4. BitLocker functionality (currently having some issues)

What OS are the "other machine" running that you are trying to open these drives on?

garydexter, Feb 21, 2016
  5. nitelife Win User
    All systems are running the same W10 Pro x64. It beats me, why neither the password or the recovery keys do not work. I'd need to get this sorted asap before continuing the encryption any further. I can't rely that only one system is able to open a particular encrypted drive.

nitelife, Feb 21, 2016
  6. nitelife Win User
    ^up

I really need help solving this.

nitelife, Feb 25, 2016
  7. Sheltieuk Win User
    I think you need to use Bitlocker To Go on external drives.

Sheltieuk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BitLocker functionality (currently having some issues)

1. BitLocker functionality (currently having some issues) - Similar Threads - BitLocker functionality currently

2. Having issues with Wifi functionality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having issues with Wifi functionality: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 HomeVersion: 10.0.19045 Build 19045System Model: HP 15 Notebook PCSystem Type: x64-based PCSystem SKU: N5Y09UA#ABAProcessor: AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics. 2200 Mhz, 4 Cores, 4 Logical ProcessorBIOS Mode: UEFIWi-fi Adapter: Realtek...
  3. Having issues with Wifi functionality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having issues with Wifi functionality: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 HomeVersion: 10.0.19045 Build 19045System Model: HP 15 Notebook PCSystem Type: x64-based PCSystem SKU: N5Y09UA#ABAProcessor: AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics. 2200 Mhz, 4 Cores, 4 Logical ProcessorBIOS Mode: UEFIWi-fi Adapter: Realtek...
  4. Having issues with Wifi functionality

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. im currently having some login problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im currently having some login problems: Hello, im having some problems rn, when i try to add my microsoft account in windows account settings, its nothing happened untill i typed the codethe last step to add the account and click login then it bring me back to password step and i keep loggin loggin and loggin its...
  6. im currently having some login problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    im currently having some login problems: Hello, im having some problems rn, when i try to add my microsoft account in windows account settings, its nothing happened untill i typed the codethe last step to add the account and click login then it bring me back to password step and i keep loggin loggin and loggin its...
  7. im currently having some login problems

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Having an issue with search functionality:

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having an issue with search functionality:: When I search up files by file type, like say searching ".gif", and go to the search tab and click "current folder", which is supposed to exclude any files from within subfolders from my search, it just flat out doesn't work. It literally does nothing when I remember this...
  9. Currently having a driver issue and audio issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Currently having a driver issue and audio issue: One of the drivers constantly has a yellow marker beside it the name of the driver HID- compliant headset. Have tried reinstalling and uninstalling multiple times always comes back on reboot. Now the other main concern as I don't think they are related because the issue...
  10. Facebook currently having issues

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook currently having issues: We’re aware that some people are currently having trouble accessing the Facebook family of apps. We’re working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. We're focused on working to resolve the issue as soon as possible, but can confirm that the issue is not related to a DDoS...
Tags: