Windows 10: Bitlocker/ Hard Drive Issue

Discus and support Bitlocker/ Hard Drive Issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have an issue with my HP Pro Book. My Windows 10 would not boot, and I need to get access to my files to transfer them to the USB. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Yulia T., Apr 29, 2020.

1. Yulia T. Win User

Bitlocker/ Hard Drive Issue

Hello,

I have an issue with my HP Pro Book. My Windows 10 would not boot, and I need to get access to my files to transfer them to the USB. The laptop was a gift and I was not aware that the drive was encrypted. It turns out that the 48 digit key was not saved to my Microsoft account and I cannot find it in the paperwork anywhere. How can I get access to my data? Can I reset the Bitlocker key if I verify my identity and etc.?

Thanks.

:)

Yulia T., Apr 29, 2020

2. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 29, 2020
  3. little cat, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Bitlocker/ Hard Drive Issue - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Hard Drive

2. Bitlocker Hard drive swaping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Hard drive swaping: We have a requirement of moving bit-locker drive across systems. Is there a way to have common TPM certs?ThanksGary https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-hard-drive-swaping/31265215-6e6a-4d19-9797-93969d2d5efc
  3. Bitlocker Hard drive swaping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Hard drive swaping: We have a requirement of moving bit-locker drive across systems. Is there a way to have common TPM certs?ThanksGary https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-hard-drive-swaping/31265215-6e6a-4d19-9797-93969d2d5efc
  4. Bitlocker Hard drive swaping

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Hard Drive issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive issues: I don't think this is a Windows-related problem but why can't I safely eject my hard drive after I add new information such as a new file, shortcut, etc. It's like my Hard Drive is incapable of storing data. Why?...
  6. Hard Drive Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive Issues: Hello.I am struggling to access a WD My Passport and I suspect something is wrong with my Windows fundamentally, and I wish to reset Windows, however I would like to backup my files to an external hard drive, but have so far been unsuccessful in doing so.When I plug in the My...
  7. Hard Drive issues

Hard Drive issues: Having an issue with my external hard drive. I just updated to the new version of windows and that's when it started happening. I've tried uninstalling it, it's up-to-date on its driver, and my PC is fully up-to-date as well. The hard drive shows up on the device manager and...
  8. Hard drive issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hard drive issues: My current ssd is running windows 7 and it's starting to fail I want to get a new ssd and download windows 10 but the issue I have is not knowing what's going to happen to the data on my hdd that I have to hold my games and other stuff like pics does anyone k ow what will...
  9. External hard drive bitlocker issue

External hard drive bitlocker issue: when i plugged into my Seagate external hard drive, i accidentally click bitlocker encryption button. Screen pop up and did a scan. I tried to hit the pause button and then power down my laptop. The bitlocker did not complete the scan and encryption. It was only 10 sec...
  10. Hard Drive issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive issue: So i just built a brand new PC, but my hard drive wont appear in disk management. it does appear however in BIOS. I've tried everything from changing SATA ports to updating the drivers. Nothing is working. please help me I've been at this for nearly 2 days....