Windows 10: BitLocker has completely locked me out and made my Laptop a waste of money!

Discus and support BitLocker has completely locked me out and made my Laptop a waste of money! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop crashed yesterday, when it reopened, it prompted a BitLocker recovery key. I thought it would be no problem as this is something I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jack O'Dell, Nov 28, 2022.

1. BitLocker has completely locked me out and made my Laptop a waste of money!

My laptop crashed yesterday, when it reopened, it prompted a BitLocker recovery key. I thought it would be no problem as this is something I have resolved on my work device previously. However, my 48 digit key is not in my Microsoft account, I do not recall being prompted to save the code anywhere and have not got access to it I have had the laptop under a year and feel I would recall being asked to save a 48 digit code!I have a HP Pavillion and have followed online advice to enable / disable The Boot drive in BIOS, restoring HP default, as well as attempting to go through Prompt to access R

:)

Jack O'Dell, Nov 28, 2022

2. Bitlocker frequently locking computers

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately these suggestions don't really fit our needs. We want to use BitLocker and don't want to disable it. The problem we have is that it locks some of our computers from time to time. Ideally we will make use of BitLocker but not have it blocking our computers.

I have tried:

1. Turning off BitLocker
    2. Installing all Driver and Windows Updates
    3. Turning BitLocker back on again
    Maybe this will help. We will wait and see.

Macclad321, Nov 28, 2022
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Nov 28, 2022
  4. Superfly Win User

BitLocker has completely locked me out and made my Laptop a waste of money!

Is paying for antivirus a waste of money?

Good article - supports what I said way back at the beginning.

Please stop posting this ^^^...it's misleading.

Source: The Best Antivirus Utilities for 2016 | PCMag.com

Superfly, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

BitLocker has completely locked me out and made my Laptop a waste of money!

1. BitLocker has completely locked me out and made my Laptop a waste of money! - Similar Threads - BitLocker has completely

2. Bitlocker has locked me out of my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker has locked me out of my PC: Bitlocker has turned itself on after an automatic update and now it locked me out of my computer and requires a recovery key. I went to microsoft on a different computer and logged in to see if I had a recovery key and there was no key to be found. Additionally, I cannot...
  3. Bitlocker has locked me out of my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker has locked me out of my PC: Bitlocker has turned itself on after an automatic update and now it locked me out of my computer and requires a recovery key. I went to microsoft on a different computer and logged in to see if I had a recovery key and there was no key to be found. Additionally, I cannot...
  4. Bitlocker has locked me out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker has locked me out: Bitlocker has me locked out of my work machine. Has been running fine for the better part of a year, and suddenly I can't get into itI've went to the aka.ms/recovery, and can see the device, but it says no bitlocker keys exist. Has Microsoft utterly screwed me AGAIN!...
  5. Bitlocker has locked me out

Bitlocker has locked me out: Bitlocker has me locked out of my work machine. Has been running fine for the better part of a year, and suddenly I can't get into itI've went to the aka.ms/recovery, and can see the device, but it says no bitlocker keys exist. Has Microsoft utterly screwed me AGAIN!...
  6. BitLocker has completely locked me out and made my Laptop a waste of money!

BitLocker has completely locked me out and made my Laptop a waste of money!: My laptop crashed yesterday, when it reopened, it prompted a BitLocker recovery key. I thought it would be no problem as this is something I have resolved on my work device previously. However, my 48 digit key is not in my Microsoft account, I do not recall being prompted to...
  7. BitLocker has completely locked me out and made my Laptop a waste of money!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker has completely locked me out and made my Laptop a waste of money!: My laptop crashed yesterday, when it reopened, it prompted a BitLocker recovery key. I thought it would be no problem as this is something I have resolved on my work device previously. However, my 48 digit key is not in my Microsoft account, I do not recall being prompted to...
  8. BitLocker locked me out of my laptop!?! ****?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker locked me out of my laptop!?! ****?: Hi there,Short and simple: I clicked to update my Windows 11 system on my Asus ZenBook, and after the laptop automatically restarted the BitLocker screen appeared and it asked me to enter the BitLocker key which I've never opted to use. I checked in my Microsoft account under...
  9. BitLocker locked me out of my laptop!?! ****?

BitLocker locked me out of my laptop!?! ****?: Hi there,Short and simple: I clicked to update my Windows 11 system on my Asus ZenBook, and after the laptop automatically restarted the BitLocker screen appeared and it asked me to enter the BitLocker key which I've never opted to use. I checked in my Microsoft account under...
  10. Bitlocker has locked out my wife's laptop.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker has locked out my wife's laptop.: Recent either Windows or BIOS update has locked out my wife's laptop. She has important data on it, and I cannot find the recovery key on Onedrive or Devices, and it's not on a printout or file either that I can find. This happened one day, and now we've basically lost our...