Windows 10: Bitlocker has locked out my wife's laptop.

Discus and support Bitlocker has locked out my wife's laptop. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recent either Windows or BIOS update has locked out my wife's laptop. She has important data on it, and I cannot find the recovery key on Onedrive or... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Leminski, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Leminski Win User

Bitlocker has locked out my wife's laptop.

Recent either Windows or BIOS update has locked out my wife's laptop. She has important data on it, and I cannot find the recovery key on Onedrive or Devices, and it's not on a printout or file either that I can find. This happened one day, and now we've basically lost our data unless I can get this decrypted, which is going to be next to literally impossible. What support do Microsoft provide or is the answer basically "Whoops we accidently your computer?" Why does it encrypt without knowledge or permission? Why does it not back up the key to OneDrive?

:)

Leminski, Jul 6, 2021

2. Bitlocker locked on startup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps:

I suggest you to try the step under the section "To unlock removable data drive" in the following article:

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

For further reference, ask OP to refer to the following article:

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

I hope this information helps.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 6, 2021
  3. MohamedShelly, Jul 6, 2021
  4. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Jul 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Bitlocker has locked out my wife's laptop. - Similar Threads - Bitlocker has locked

2. Bitlocker has locked me out of my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker has locked me out of my PC: Bitlocker has turned itself on after an automatic update and now it locked me out of my computer and requires a recovery key. I went to microsoft on a different computer and logged in to see if I had a recovery key and there was no key to be found. Additionally, I cannot...
  3. Bitlocker has locked me out of my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker has locked me out of my PC: Bitlocker has turned itself on after an automatic update and now it locked me out of my computer and requires a recovery key. I went to microsoft on a different computer and logged in to see if I had a recovery key and there was no key to be found. Additionally, I cannot...
  4. Bitlocker has locked me out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker has locked me out: Bitlocker has me locked out of my work machine. Has been running fine for the better part of a year, and suddenly I can't get into itI've went to the aka.ms/recovery, and can see the device, but it says no bitlocker keys exist. Has Microsoft utterly screwed me AGAIN!...
  5. Bitlocker has locked me out

Bitlocker has locked me out: Bitlocker has me locked out of my work machine. Has been running fine for the better part of a year, and suddenly I can't get into itI've went to the aka.ms/recovery, and can see the device, but it says no bitlocker keys exist. Has Microsoft utterly screwed me AGAIN!...
  6. BitLocker locked me out of my laptop!?! ****?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker locked me out of my laptop!?! ****?: Hi there,Short and simple: I clicked to update my Windows 11 system on my Asus ZenBook, and after the laptop automatically restarted the BitLocker screen appeared and it asked me to enter the BitLocker key which I've never opted to use. I checked in my Microsoft account under...
  7. BitLocker locked me out of my laptop!?! ****?

BitLocker locked me out of my laptop!?! ****?: Hi there,Short and simple: I clicked to update my Windows 11 system on my Asus ZenBook, and after the laptop automatically restarted the BitLocker screen appeared and it asked me to enter the BitLocker key which I've never opted to use. I checked in my Microsoft account under...
  8. Locked out of laptop by Bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of laptop by Bitlocker: My personal laptop updated then when I proceeded to try and login, it asked for a Bitlocker key. I tried logging to my Microsoft accounts, and it is not there. I never set up Bitlocker, so I can't access the key. I have work meetings and homework due tonight on there, so I’m...
  9. Bitlocker has locked a SSD in my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker has locked a SSD in my laptop: Guessing I know the answer to this one but really hoping there is a workaround.... Laptop with two drives. Decided to do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 2004 in an attempt to fix a few minor issues. Installed Windows to the C: using a USB set up using the Media Creation...
  10. Bitlocker has locked a SSD in my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Bitlocker has locked a SSD in my laptop: Guessing I know the answer to this one but really hoping there is a workaround.... Laptop with two drives. Decided to do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 2004 in an attempt to fix a few minor issues. Installed Windows to the C: using a USB set up using the Media Creation...