Windows 10: bitlocker hp envy no key never set this up

Discus and support bitlocker hp envy no key never set this up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I woke up to my Envy laptop showing a blue screen asking for a bitlocker password. I don't have a bitlocker password, I've never encrypted my device or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jilljackskn, Jul 2, 2020.

1. bitlocker hp envy no key never set this up

I woke up to my Envy laptop showing a blue screen asking for a bitlocker password. I don't have a bitlocker password, I've never encrypted my device or set this up. Googled, found out my bitlocker password should be at my Microsoft account. Found my account, see my envy laptop with bitlocker "live" and when I click the button to see my key to unlock... NO KEY.

I'm the only one who uses this, it's a home laptop. No IT department set this up. I've used it for a year. Never changed harddrives, did anything fancy to it- I'm not computer saavy in that way.

So I call HP. They blame Microsoft. I call Microsoft, They blame HP.

Called a local laptop repair shop and he tells me that he's received 100s of calls the last few days on this same thing and there is nothing he can do but charge me $400 to take mydrive out and hopefully reinstall windows and maybe save my documents.

Microsoft offers me a PAID service to fix this problem. I think this is ransom. YOU Microsoft and HP set this in my computer and now I can't get to my work or personal files. I need this fixed, and anyone who has this same issues please contact me as I'm starting a class action.

:)

jilljackskn, Jul 2, 2020

2. unable to turn on bitlocker on hp envy

Original Title: bitlocker on hp envy

So I have a hp envy that uses windows 10. I've been trying to turn on my bitlocker so I can use encryption, but whenever I try or click on bitlocker setting to turn it on nothing comes up and I don't know how I can turn it on.

GBallday715, Jul 2, 2020
  3. JayZG Win User
    asking for BitLocker recovery which I never set up

I got a new Dell windows 10 laptop, and today when I started it, it said it was finishing updates. Then once finished, it is asked for the BitLocker recovery key and will not go any further. I never set one up. (My Microsoft account (hotmail login) is
    also now locked for 30 days from looking up more info about my recovery key because I just made the mistake of adding my cell phone number as part of my account and msft says they need to lock it for 30 days for security.)

I see a long list of troubleshooting steps in another thread that includes booting from a USB stick which I do not own. It really seems unacceptable that a user should have to do all these steps without help from Microsoft. I expect to be able to turn
    on a laptop and use it, not spend all day on diagnostics. I also want to understand WHY this is happening, not just be given a long list of steps that may or may not work. And, HOW To contact a real person to help.

JayZG, Jul 2, 2020
  4. ner## Win User

bitlocker hp envy no key never set this up

bitlocker recovery key

how do I recovery bitLocker key for my HP Envy laptop

ner##, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

bitlocker hp envy no key never set this up

1. bitlocker hp envy no key never set this up - Similar Threads - bitlocker envy key

2. New Windows 11 HP computer -- it got Locked with BitLocker and I never set up Recovery Key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows 11 HP computer -- it got Locked with BitLocker and I never set up Recovery Key?: Hi,I got a new Windows 11 HP computer. I changed the Bios to have a boot from USB as first option. Now on reboot it's BitLocked and I never set up a recovery key. I went to the hotmail account that I used on intial system login but it doesn't have a recovery key. How can I...
  3. New Windows 11 HP computer -- it got Locked with BitLocker and I never set up Recovery Key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Windows 11 HP computer -- it got Locked with BitLocker and I never set up Recovery Key?: Hi,I got a new Windows 11 HP computer. I changed the Bios to have a boot from USB as first option. Now on reboot it's BitLocked and I never set up a recovery key. I went to the hotmail account that I used on intial system login but it doesn't have a recovery key. How can I...
  4. Bitlocker recovery key is required every time i turn on HP Envy 360

Bitlocker recovery key is required every time i turn on HP Envy 360: Every time i shut down/ turn off my HP Envy 360, i am required to re-enter my Bitlocker recovery key.It has been happening since i had my laptop returned to me after being repaired about 2 weeks ago.Doe any one know how to stop my laptop needing it just to log in?Thank you...
  5. BitLocker - never set up a key: How to unlock hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker - never set up a key: How to unlock hard drive?: Suddenly Win10 asks for a BitLocker key to access hard drive to start up the system Lenovo Yoga. I never set up a BitLocker key, so there is none.This occurred immediately after I reset Windows 10 on a different, older Laptop and registered it to my microsoft account.Did I...
  6. BitLocker - never set up a key: How to unlock hard drive?

BitLocker - never set up a key: How to unlock hard drive?: Suddenly Win10 asks for a BitLocker key to access hard drive to start up the system Lenovo Yoga. I never set up a BitLocker key, so there is none.This occurred immediately after I reset Windows 10 on a different, older Laptop and registered it to my microsoft account.Did I...
  7. BitLocker - never set up a key: How to unlock hard drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. set up HP Envy 7855 printer with Windows 10 and WordPerfect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    set up HP Envy 7855 printer with Windows 10 and WordPerfect: I am running Windows 10 via Parallels on a Mac. I have an HP Envy 7855 printer installed on the Mac, and it works with some of my Windows programs. But when I tried to set it up to print envelopes from my WordPerfect X3 (as it did when Windows 10 was running on my Dell), I...
  9. HP ENVY

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP ENVY: Camera app is not working error message not attached, ive never had a problem with it until today cannot find under device manager! Also my voice recorder app is not working, I can hear music just fine but when I try to record my voice nothing is going through. I have tried...
  10. asking for BitLocker recovery which I never set up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    asking for BitLocker recovery which I never set up: I got a new Dell windows 10 laptop, and today when I started it, it said it was finishing updates. Then once finished, it is asked for the BitLocker recovery key and will not go any further. I never set one up. (My Microsoft account (hotmail login) is also now locked for...