Windows 10: Bitlocker icon missing on drive letter

Discus and support Bitlocker icon missing on drive letter in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there, I have three HDD drives and four partitions. Recently I locked them all using bitlocker. The bitlocker icons are showing on my two drives... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EmadMotiei, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Bitlocker icon missing on drive letter

Hi there,

I have three HDD drives and four partitions.

Recently I locked them all using bitlocker. The bitlocker icons are showing on my two drives letters but icons are missing on the other two partitions.

Bitlocker icon missing on drive letter 9d0582e4-8543-4847-a2a3-2ea5bddca984?upload=true.jpg

Why is that???

:)

EmadMotiei, Dec 19, 2018

2. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 19, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Seagate GoFlex Missing Drives

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

It is unusual that the drives went missing after installing the anniversary update. I suggest you to try changing the drive letter through disk management by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type diskmgmt.msc and press enter.

3. If the drive is listed, right click on it and select "change drive letter".

4. Choose a different drive letter and save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

Bitlocker icon missing on drive letter

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

Bitlocker icon missing on drive letter

1. Bitlocker icon missing on drive letter - Similar Threads - Bitlocker icon missing

2. Bitlocker missing after decryption of drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker missing after decryption of drive: Hi, all.Is there anyone knows how to find the bitlocker? My laptop comes with bitlocker but due to some reasons, I have disabled it and now I can't find it anywhere in my laptop....
  3. missing drives icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    missing drives icons: I just went to explorer and saw that my drive icons are missing. If I connect a usb drive it will show the drive icon. Rebooting didn't help. How do i fix it? [ATTACH]...
  4. Missing drive letter and boot record...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing drive letter and boot record...: My system has two physical drives, both drives have Windows 10 Pro 64-installed: [img] Disk 0 started out its life as Windows 7 Pro 64-bit OS, while the other as Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit OS. This has been working just fine, albeit Disk 0 had not been booted for a long...
  5. One drive icon missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive icon missing: My one drive icon disappears from the taskbar every couple of days. I have tried several different ways to reinstall onedrive yey these only allow the icon to remain for a couple of days but in some cases only until i next shut down...
  6. USB Drive icon missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Drive icon missing: Hi all, I'm just wondering if someone knows how to restore the icon for a USB drive? Whenever I plug in any USB drive, it's icon shows up as blank icon in Windows explorer: [img] I don't know how this happened, it doesn't affect anything except looking horrible. Someone...
  7. Drive letter missing in Windows File Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    Drive letter missing in Windows File Explorer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]On rare occasions, you may find that the Drive letter is missing from File Explorer following the installation of an Update . If you have experienced this issue, here’s a way to get past the problem. A drive letter represents [...] This post Drive letter...
  8. drive letter missing from the list of available drive letters

drive letter missing from the list of available drive letters: Hi, I have a portable hard drive that when I plug in it is always allocated a drive letter of "M". I have programmed SYNC Toy to back up my PC to the M Drive. However now it is been allocated a drive letter of P. When I go to "This PC", I can see the drive letter M is showing...
  9. drive letter missing from the list of available drive letters

in Windows 10 Support
    drive letter missing from the list of available drive letters: Hi, I have a portable hard drive that when I plug in it is always allocated a drive letter of "M". I have programmed SYNC Toy to back up my PC to the M Drive. However now it is been allocated a drive letter of P. When I go to "This PC", I can see the drive letter M is showing...
  10. Drive letter missing.

Drive letter missing.: So just installed 10 - clean install over windows 7. I have 2 internal harddrives - one was designated as Drive G. But for some reason 10 removed G and so in computer mgmt I ended up redesignsting it as Drive Z. Any way to get the letter “G” back ? 112781

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker drive missing

2. bitlocker icon missing

3. bitlocker manager missing

4. when i right click drive bitlocker isnt showing anymore on 2016