Windows 10: BitLocker in 10 Pro - why is the icon looking this way?

Discus and support BitLocker in 10 Pro - why is the icon looking this way? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi - I noticed this in BitLocker but can't remember if it is is normal. Look at the Icon posted below... [img] If the drive is Fully Encrypted... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Compumind, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Compumind Win User

BitLocker in 10 Pro - why is the icon looking this way?

Hi -

I noticed this in BitLocker but can't remember if it is is normal.

Look at the Icon posted below...

BitLocker in 10 Pro - why is the icon looking this way? [​IMG]

If the drive is Fully Encrypted with BitLocker, why is the padlock shown in a open state?

TIA

*Confused

:)

Compumind, Oct 22, 2018
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Installing Bitlocker to encrypt

Hello,

To install BitLocker, your PC must satisfied system requirements. We'd like to clarify, what edition of Windows 10 do you have? In addition, you must be logged in as an admistrator and have an access to printer to print the recovery key.

If you're using Windows 10 Pro and meet the requirements, follow these steps to enable BitLocker.

• Click Start. Type Control Panel.
    • Click System and Security.
    • Click BitLocker Drive.
    • Hit Turn on BitLocker.

Looking forward to your response.

Dyan Rey, Oct 22, 2018
  3. Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 and Bitlocker

I have Windows 7 Pro and need Bitlocker. If I upgrade from Windows 7 Pro, would the Windows 10 version I get include Bitlocker?

Or is there another way to get Bitlocker, other than buying the Ultimate version of Windows 7, which seems to me like a bad option since I'd be paying to upgrade an obsolete OS.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

RobertTardio, Oct 22, 2018
  4. BitLocker in 10 Pro - why is the icon looking this way?

BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee424315(v=ws.10).aspx

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

BitLocker in 10 Pro - why is the icon looking this way?

1. BitLocker in 10 Pro - why is the icon looking this way? - Similar Threads - BitLocker Pro why

2. why did you change the folder icons to look like document icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why did you change the folder icons to look like document icons?: I can no longer quickly see the folder tree with everything looking like a document file. This is very inefficient and frustrating. Plus when I try to change the icon to the old filter - it does not change in details. This is unacceptable! We the paying customers should have...
  3. why did you change the folder icons to look like document icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why did you change the folder icons to look like document icons?: I can no longer quickly see the folder tree with everything looking like a document file. This is very inefficient and frustrating. Plus when I try to change the icon to the old filter - it does not change in details. This is unacceptable! We the paying customers should have...
  4. Why does some of my icons look like this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does some of my icons look like this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Palpatine43534 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vbn30c/why_does_some_of_my_icons_look_like_this/
  5. Looking For Way To Rename Files In Specific Ways

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking For Way To Rename Files In Specific Ways: I did a search for this but only found old results. I'm looking for a way to truncate file names in bulk by removing a common beginning and ending, leaving only the unique middle portion of the name. For example from this: AAAA - Dfhsd (3jd4).mp4 AAAA - hsji (3jd4).mp4 AAAA -...
  6. BitLocker for Windows 10 Pro

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker for Windows 10 Pro: Hi everyone I am looking at ways to encrypt my drive but I have never done this before. I need to make sure it does what I think it does. If an unauthorized person has physical access to a hard drive and the drive is not encrypted then accessing those files is super easy....
  7. Bitlocker on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bitlocker on Windows 10 Pro: I updated my Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro so that I could use bitlocker. I have an ASUS laptop without a TPM and 2 harddisks. Each harddisk is partioned with 2 partations which give me the drives C;, D:, E: and F:. The Windows system is installed on drive C:. Hyper-V is...
  8. Look for a specific way of navigation.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Look for a specific way of navigation.: I'm looking for a shortcut or something similar to let me move to open the folder next to the one already open. Like in my case. I have a bunch of albums in my Camera Roll. And I don't want to keep having to close the currently open album and click on the next one. Is there a...
  9. Fresh reload of Windows 10 and the way it looks

in Windows 10 Support
    Fresh reload of Windows 10 and the way it looks: My Laptop SSD drive failed, totally so I lost everything and a reload of Windows 10 looks different. Some good, some bad. 1. One of the bad for me is the page/screen at power-up. Use to be just the BACKGROUND, Internet connection icon to logon. Now Windows has added extra...
  10. Bitlocker 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker 10 Pro: Hi there, my company has recommended that I purchse bitlocker Pro to protect data on my computer, can you provide me with guidance on how to purchase and install here ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-10-pro/4c20a1c4-fd94-4058-ab6f-c9aa96807226

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does the bitlocker C: icon look unlocked