Windows 10: Bitlocker in Win10P cannot encrypted after turn on, and the Blue screen can be skipped...

Discus and support Bitlocker in Win10P cannot encrypted after turn on, and the Blue screen can be skipped... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have various desktop PC which are 3 - 5 years old but installed with Win10, previously they are Win8. They will go thro' the BitLocker Turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mancola, Nov 9, 2018.

1. mancola Win User

Bitlocker in Win10P cannot encrypted after turn on, and the Blue screen can be skipped...

Hi,

I have various desktop PC which are 3 - 5 years old but installed with Win10, previously they are Win8.

They will go thro' the BitLocker Turn on steps, and the Blue PIN screen appears, but any key will pass it, and press the ESC will go straight to the OS. And will said:

Bitlocker could not be enabled. the data drive specified is not set to automatically unlock on teh current computer and cannot be unlocked automatically.

C: was not encrypted.

Any hints, I really don't know what to set in the motherboard, too many combinations.

One rare thing is, one of a new PC that in the first setup is okay with all the Bitlocker PIN & so, once set to use "Automatically unlock by BitLocker", then reboot to change to another mode. Turn BitLocker Off. Then re-Turn it On. Same message will be prompt out.

Regards,

Cola

:)

mancola, Nov 9, 2018

2. Bitlocker Blank blue screen at PIN screen

Our organization requires Laptops to be Encrypted with a PIN #. One of our Laptops is giving me trouble. I have Bitlocker turned on and fully encrypted and have require Startup PIN with TPM in the Require additional authentication at startup in GPEDIT. I also have the Enable use of Bitlocker Authentication Requiring preboot Keyboard input on Slates enabled. When turning on the Laptop Bitlocker comes up with the light blue screen where you enter the PIN but the screen is blank. It doesn't say Bitlocker or have a box to enter the PIN #. Now I can just type the pin # and press enter and it works and loads windows as normal. I obviously can't give this Laptop to a user like this.

Anybody have any suggestions as to a resolution to this issue.
    Thank You.

drew22to375, Nov 9, 2018
  3. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Paola Gar Win User

Bitlocker in Win10P cannot encrypted after turn on, and the Blue screen can be skipped...

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Bitlocker in Win10P cannot encrypted after turn on, and the Blue screen can be skipped... - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Win10P cannot

2. BitLocker drive encryption turned on after repairing a warranty Asus laptop in the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker drive encryption turned on after repairing a warranty Asus laptop in the...: Dear Forum Members and Experts,A warranty Asus laptop has failed. No motherboard, no SSD or HDD, no ram. "Only" the cover elements of the device at LCD, LCD hinges were defective and the keyboard had to be replaced. When the laptop was taken over, it worked perfectly. Windows...
  3. BitLocker drive encryption turned on after repairing a warranty Asus laptop in the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker drive encryption turned on after repairing a warranty Asus laptop in the...: Dear Forum Members and Experts,A warranty Asus laptop has failed. No motherboard, no SSD or HDD, no ram. "Only" the cover elements of the device at LCD, LCD hinges were defective and the keyboard had to be replaced. When the laptop was taken over, it worked perfectly. Windows...
  4. BitLocker frozen while encrypting, cannot pause or turn off either. Is there a solution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker frozen while encrypting, cannot pause or turn off either. Is there a solution?: Have a 2TB drive with 1.4TB used, upgraded to windows pro just so I can make use of BitLocker, it's a work drive which should ideally be encrypted. I knew it would take many hours so left it overnight. The following day noticed it was stuck on 40.8%, drive light still...
  5. BitLocker frozen while encrypting, cannot pause or turn off either. Is there a solution?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker frozen while encrypting, cannot pause or turn off either. Is there a solution?: Have a 2TB drive with 1.4TB used, upgraded to windows pro just so I can make use of BitLocker, it's a work drive which should ideally be encrypted. I knew it would take many hours so left it overnight. The following day noticed it was stuck on 40.8%, drive light still...
  6. Impossible to turn on eDrive/Bitlocker with Hardware encryption

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Impossible to turn on eDrive/Bitlocker with Hardware encryption: Hi. I can't enable Bitlocker hardware encryption for Kingstorn A2000 NVME SSD series. NVME product page reports: "Supports a full-security suite (TCG Opal, AES 256-bit, eDrive)" I followed these instructions:...
  7. Can bitlocker encrypted on it self!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can bitlocker encrypted on it self!: Hi. I have SSD drive that encrypted on it self without permission! , By mistake i disabled the secure boot on the BIOS then the device require the recovery key !!! But how is that i don't even set up the bitlocker! Thanks...
  8. TURN ON BITLOCKER DRIVE ENCRYPTION

in Windows 10 Customization
    TURN ON BITLOCKER DRIVE ENCRYPTION: hi, How and where to enable bitlocker to encrypt system drive. And make a copy of the bitlocker recovery key? concerned, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-bitlocker-drive-encryption/86a9cedd-8a30-47a6-bea1-ed58984a753f
  9. Cannot decrypt the disk encrypted by BitLocker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot decrypt the disk encrypted by BitLocker: While I was decrypting my disk that I had encrypted using BitLocker, the laptop suddenly shutdown and then I lost access to the disk. The system isn’t accepting my correct password and code. Windows 10 requires for credentials, thinks for a while and then closes without...
  10. Cannot resume bitlocker encryption after restart

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot resume bitlocker encryption after restart: I was trying to encrypt my USB external hard drive (1 TB, mounted to E*Smile using BitLocker, and after the encryption got 10.1% finished, I accidentally shut down the computer. After restarting, I tried to resume the encryption, but it gives me an error: "Encryption could...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker could not be enabled the data drive specified