Windows 10: Bitlocker in Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Bitlocker in Windows 10 Home in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I can't manage bitlocker in Windows 10 Home, but my drive is encrypted with a bitlocker key. How do I get rid of the bitlocker key?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LesFenter1, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Bitlocker in Windows 10 Home

So I can't manage bitlocker in Windows 10 Home, but my drive is encrypted with a bitlocker key. How do I get rid of the bitlocker key?

:)

LesFenter1, Jan 17, 2019
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Jan 17, 2019
  3. BitLocker on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

This could be due to some corruption in the system files, please check the methods below and see if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.
    • Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on
      Start button.
    • Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to
      Automatic.

Method 2: Please try the steps provided in the given article.

Unlock a BitLocker-protected drive

If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 3: Perform SFC scan

I would suggest you to perform SFC scan and check if that helps. The
    sfc/scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions. It is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore
    corrupted files.

Refer the link: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted
    system files

Note: Link applies to Windows 10 as well.

More information:
    BitLocker Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Bitlocker in Windows 10 Home

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker in Windows 10 Home

1. Bitlocker in Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Home

2. lenovo laptop, w11 home with bitlocker apparently, how to disable the need to enter the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lenovo laptop, w11 home with bitlocker apparently, how to disable the need to enter the...: i have a lenovo loq-15aph8. i ran system updates, and when i went to restart i was forced to use bitlocker key to unlock. i have never had to do this before,and never want to do so again but i don't want to turn encryption off. please advise...
  3. lenovo laptop, w11 home with bitlocker apparently, how to disable the need to enter the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lenovo laptop, w11 home with bitlocker apparently, how to disable the need to enter the...: i have a lenovo loq-15aph8. i ran system updates, and when i went to restart i was forced to use bitlocker key to unlock. i have never had to do this before,and never want to do so again but i don't want to turn encryption off. please advise...
  4. BitLocker Issue on Win 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Issue on Win 10 Home Edition: Long story short - we ran into the BitLocker issue recently and found out that the Microsoft recovery website has been down for more than 3 months. Currently Microsoft only has live chat available and it’s mission impossible to get to someone to assist. There are always 50+...
  5. BitLocker Issue on Win 10 Home Edition

BitLocker Issue on Win 10 Home Edition: Long story short - we ran into the BitLocker issue recently and found out that the Microsoft recovery website has been down for more than 3 months. Currently Microsoft only has live chat available and it’s mission impossible to get to someone to assist. There are always 50+...
  6. Does WIndows 10/11 home edition have bitlocker or similar?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does WIndows 10/11 home edition have bitlocker or similar?: asking for a friend who is curious. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-1011-home-edition-have-bitlocker-or/78f0b9b9-88df-4c72-884b-8e4611869bbb
  7. Does WIndows 10/11 home edition have bitlocker or similar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does WIndows 10/11 home edition have bitlocker or similar?: asking for a friend who is curious. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-1011-home-edition-have-bitlocker-or/78f0b9b9-88df-4c72-884b-8e4611869bbb
  8. Does WIndows 10/11 home edition have bitlocker or similar?

9. Deactivating Bitlocker on Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deactivating Bitlocker on Windows 11 Home: I wanted to dual-boot Ubuntu and Windows on my HP laptop with Windows 11 Home. I successfully partitioned the harddrive, booted Ubuntu from a flash disc, but when I tried to install it, it said that Bitlocker was encrypting my disc, and I need to turn it off. So I restarted...
  10. Deactivating Bitlocker on Windows 11 Home

Deactivating Bitlocker on Windows 11 Home: I wanted to dual-boot Ubuntu and Windows on my HP laptop with Windows 11 Home. I successfully partitioned the harddrive, booted Ubuntu from a flash disc, but when I tried to install it, it said that Bitlocker was encrypting my disc, and I need to turn it off. So I restarted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 home bitlocker

2. windows 10 home and bitlocker

3. wwindows 10 home bitlocker

4. windows 10 home bitlocker?,
  5. bitlocker home windows 10,
  6. does windows 10 home have bit locker,
  7. does windows 10 home have bitlocker,
  8. windows 10 ho e bitlocker,
  9. does windows 10 home have bitlocker?,
  10. windows 10 home & bitlocker,
  11. how to install bitlocker windows 10 home,